NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

77 Ski Nautique GoPro Videos

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
ny_nautique View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ny_nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 77 Ski Nautique GoPro Videos
    Posted: October-09-2012 at 3:12am
Since I couldn't finish my 84 SN stringer job this year, I spent most of the water time out on Jeff Toro's 77 SN and my sister's 23' Rinker. (such gracious hosts! )

Jeff and I took the kids out one last time on Friday and I got some pretty good GoPro videos. Check 'em out!

- Jeff
1999 Ski Nautique
tullfooter View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tullfooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-09-2012 at 10:55am
Great vids. The GoPro is an amazing camera. This is a video taken at one of our team practices. It shows a great view from the perspective of the top girl on a 3-high pyramid.

Practice with a GoPro
Play hard, life's not a trial run.
'85 BFN
'90 BFN

White Lake, Michigan

fanofccfan View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fanofccfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-09-2012 at 10:57am
Go pro cameras are about as cool as it gets. I enjoy seeing the underwater stuff. Nice work.
C-Bass View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote C-Bass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-09-2012 at 11:55am
Cool videos. Hate it when people stand up to drive though .
Craig
67 SN
73 SN
99 Sport
85SN
peter1234 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter1234 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-09-2012 at 2:05pm
why do you hate it when people stand up, I am 5'6" and have owned 5 or so boats and there are many times I have to stand to see everything i need to .
former skylark owner now a formula but I cant let this place go
C-Bass View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote C-Bass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-09-2012 at 2:25pm
It has a seat and a windshield...sit in the seat, look through the windshield. If you're just idling and need to see around the boat during docking/loading/shallow water, that's fine. But when you're up to speed, it just looks gay.   Standing up over the windshield makes it look like you belong in an I/O.   
Craig
67 SN
73 SN
99 Sport
85SN
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ny_nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-09-2012 at 4:14pm
Standing up gives you a longer field of view. This is in the Mohawk River with crap floating all over... there are still trees and remnants from hurricane Irene from last year.
- Jeff
1999 Ski Nautique
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-09-2012 at 4:30pm
I never understood it either. Visibility from the driver's seat is one of my favorite things about Correct Crafts- its excellent. The only people who stand and drive on my lake are the ones in large I/O's, usually looking back at the tube theyre pulling.

Ive skied and driven on the Mohawk.

Very cool videos- very different perspectives!
phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-09-2012 at 5:01pm
I second that Tim. The new 200 is second to none in the visibility department.
jbosse1 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbosse1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-14-2013 at 11:11am
Originally posted by ny_nautique ny_nautique wrote:

Since I couldn't finish my 84 SN stringer job this year, I spent most of the water time out on Jeff Toro's 77 SN and my sister's 23' Rinker. (such gracious hosts! )

Jeff and I took the kids out one last time on Friday and I got some pretty good GoPro videos. Check 'em out!

]

These are awesome! Can you tell me what mounts you used? Suction cup on the side of the boat and a "stick" for underwater near the boat?

I just got my GoPro last week and started playing with it. I wore it slaloming with the Chesty and my son put the following video together. He took a few creative liberties that I would not have done myself; however, I like it. The options seem limiotless with this camera.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JQMo02F5Z4M
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ny_nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-14-2013 at 12:12pm
Very cool Jim. I haven't tried the chest mount yet.
These were all with a very low tech mount... my hand!

I have a few others off the extended pylon that I'll post tonight.

Here's Jim's video embedded.

- Jeff
1999 Ski Nautique
ultrahots View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ultrahots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-17-2013 at 1:09pm
Very cool vids !
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic