Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Anyone interested in that free 1969 San Juan?

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
ny_nautique View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ny_nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Anyone interested in that free 1969 San Juan?
    Posted: October-07-2012 at 12:55pm
I believe I'm #1 on the list to get the free San Juan in Boston but I'm having second thoughts. I really do want it and have always loved the San Juans (but wanted a hardtop :)) but the logistics might be tough for me.
I talked to the owner Joe on Friday and tentatively scheduled to pick it up on Saturday the 13th. However, I'm not positive that my trailer will work and I only have the trailer temporarily, so I'd have to block it and then obtain a trailer in the future when I want to use the boat.
It would be a shame to have this go to scrap, and to make the current owner have to pay for it to be scrapped.

*EDITED - I am going to get it now. All ready to go for Saturday.

Jeff
- Jeff
1999 Ski Nautique
ultrarunner View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ultrarunner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-07-2012 at 3:06pm
Hey Jeff, let us know if you get the boat. My thoughts were as yours...just too much to do logistically to make it all happen by next week. Not to mention where the heck to park the whole setup next weekend before I headed home on Sunday...

Oh well. I really would have liked the boat. Would have been a great opportunity to do a nice performance rebuild of the motor and have a nice off-shore boat here in Rochester for ventures out into the lake.

I'm in and out of Albany quite a bit, so if you grab it, I'd love to stop by and take a look....

Keep us posted....

MS
GlassSeeker View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GlassSeeker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-07-2012 at 3:12pm
If it's going to cost him 1000 to scrap it...maybe he'd pay 500 for someone to take it?
This is the life
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ny_nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-07-2012 at 9:17pm
I don't think he would pay anyone to take it. Things might be working out for me with the trailer. I will know better tomorrow morning.
The gamble is getting a "free" boat that will end up costing me money to scrap if it turns out to be useless.
- Jeff
1999 Ski Nautique
63 Skier View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 63 Skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-07-2012 at 11:30pm
Originally posted by ny_nautique ny_nautique wrote:

The gamble is getting a "free" boat that will end up costing me money to scrap if it turns out to be useless.

I don't think that's much of a gamble, can't see it being bad enough to scrap in any case. But, how much it costs to restore is another story. What do you want to spend on re-powering? How far do you go with cosmetics? It will all be up to you!
'63 American Skier - '98 Sport Nautique
Bakchose View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bakchose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-08-2012 at 1:23pm
Which Marina is it at?
Bri892001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bri892001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-08-2012 at 5:44pm
Did Tim Benjamin still have an interest in it? I could take some pics for someone. Unfortunately, I don't have any real estate that it could sit on while it awaits pick up.
79SNbrady View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79SNbrady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-08-2012 at 5:56pm
I'd love to have that boat but I do not have the time right now to drive 15hrs one way to get it. I have family in New Hampshire that I could probably store it but without a trailer it's hard for them to get it
"It's just water... not concrete or dirt... so just throw it"
-Parks Bonifay

1979 Ski Nautique - (stringer job completed summer 2012)
2007 236 Team - All White!
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ny_nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-09-2012 at 12:38am
Well I am going to get it now. I confirmed with him today. I have a trailer from my brother in law's 24' boat and have made some adjustments that I think will work. I can adjust on the fly when I get there.
It will be hoisted from the marina on to the trailer and I can get it out of the way and make any adjustments I need. I will have 2 jacks with me.
- Jeff
1999 Ski Nautique
bwinn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bwinn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-09-2012 at 12:56am
Best of luck!!
79SNbrady View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79SNbrady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-09-2012 at 1:07am
Originally posted by ny_nautique ny_nautique wrote:

Well I am going to get it now. I confirmed with him today. I have a trailer from my brother in law's 24' boat and have made some adjustments that I think will work. I can adjust on the fly when I get there.
It will be hoisted from the marina on to the trailer and I can get it out of the way and make any adjustments I need. I will have 2 jacks with me.

another cc saved.... Take pictures! We sure do love pictures
"It's just water... not concrete or dirt... so just throw it"
-Parks Bonifay

1979 Ski Nautique - (stringer job completed summer 2012)
2007 236 Team - All White!
nautique frk View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nautique frk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-10-2012 at 3:19pm
Post some photos of your adventure !!
Jllogan View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jllogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-10-2012 at 4:01pm
pics or it didnt happen?
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ny_nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-11-2012 at 3:02am
It's happening on Friday. I'll be leaving around 4:45 AM. My son is going to be "sick" from school that day to go on a little adventure.
- Jeff
1999 Ski Nautique
69barri View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 69barri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-11-2012 at 6:39pm
I am pretty sure the hull for a San Juan is very similar to a Cuddy Nautique. The newer San Juans that I have seen for sale seem to be sitting on the same trailer that I have for my Cuddy. It is a very deep V on those boats so good luck getting it onto a standard Nautique trailer. It is a really cool looking boat though, good luck diving into it!
1963 Debonnaire Deluxe
1972 Separator Jet Boat
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ny_nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-11-2012 at 10:40pm
It's not going on a CC trailer. It is going on a dual axle trailer with rollers. It's not made for an inboard but I've done measurements and it should fit. The rollers are in place with ubolts and can easily be moved wider if I need to. It will be hoisted on so I don't have to worry about sliding it on/off the trailer. I can also move the bow stop further forward if necessary.
- Jeff
1999 Ski Nautique
ultrarunner View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ultrarunner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-11-2012 at 11:08pm
Get pics of the whole operation Jeff....

Can't wait to see!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic