Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Factory Rudder and Strut info for 60's/70's/80's
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Factory Rudder and Strut info for 60's/70's/80's

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
nautique frk View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nautique frk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Factory Rudder and Strut info for 60's/70's/80's
    Posted: September-24-2012 at 9:01pm
nautique frk View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nautique frk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-24-2012 at 9:05pm
I thank Zach at N3 Boatworks for this awesome bit of information, Someone should add it to the reference section.

phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-25-2012 at 1:37am
Thanks Mike! I sent it to Keith as well to add to ref. Thats my fave sheet of paper I have found so far.
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-25-2012 at 1:54pm
There are some mistakes in there. The '70 Mustang used the same strut as the '69 and older Mustangs (the hull didnt change until '71). Never seen or heard of a "6DV" strut either- Im wondering if it meant "6A" instead, as that is whats intalled on my '71-72 Skiers. That same 6A was also installed on our '79 BFN and '74/75 Mustang 17. The 6A6 is the same strut, but with a longer body (1" longer aft), so that is the proper replacement.

On the rudders, the 27A is the original rudder on Mustangs and some Skiers starting around '70... and it is the correct replacement part on the older 16' boats. Most (if not all) boats came with the lillipad rudders prior to '69 though- and Ive seen many Skiers that still got it as late as '72. The 27A is the better handling part, though.
phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-25-2012 at 5:47pm
I helped a guy that couldn't get the right strut for 1970. Back when He was sold a #6 dv or so he thought from MWCC. It ended up being the number 6WB.

The #6 dv is still a vaild part from correct craft as well as the 6A. Fitment I do not know other than what that sheet says.
phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-25-2012 at 5:54pm
I helped a guy that couldn't get the right strut for 1970. Back when He was sold a #6 dv or so he thought from MWCC. It ended up being the number 6WB.

The #6 dv is still a vaild part from correct craft as well as the 6A. Fitment I do not know other than what that sheet says.
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-25-2012 at 6:06pm
Got a 6DV or a 6A on the shelf? That would be news to me- seems as though the 6A6 is currently being sold as the replacement. Id love to see what this supposed 6DV actually is.
phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-26-2012 at 11:19am
I do not Tim. There are some super weird struts I have not identified none of which match either. I do have 2 6A6 and some modified s-19 and a few s-16. No more hiddin that I can see so far.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic