NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Tower Building

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Brad_K View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brad_K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tower Building
    Posted: November-23-2005 at 3:52pm
have a look at www.diytower.com for some good tips
bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-23-2005 at 3:27pm
Jon,

The guy's name was Jason and he was from Kansas. He started a couple of threads with lots of photos. One of them was called "Building a Tower Part 2." I couldn't find the other, don't have time right now. The threads were quite long, because the old schoolers took it on a threadjack about the relative merits of stereos in boats. Anyway, he did a pretty good job, and he's in the same state. Perhaps you can get some info from him.

BKH
Livin' the Dream

abolton View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abolton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-23-2005 at 2:06pm
Chrome Molly tube is the way to go for us do-it-yourselfer's. Its light Wt. less money than alum/stainless, easy to weld. I am building one for my 78SN summer 06. Cut,cope,weld,coat,done.
ABE
bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-23-2005 at 9:21am
I believe it's a matter of weight vs. strength,
and durability. Just about every production
tower is aluminum, so I'd think they are on to
something. Don't see why steel wouldn't work,
but I suspect Aluminum will be better. ICBW.

BKH
Livin' the Dream

jon4pres View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jon4pres Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-23-2005 at 9:11am
What do you guys think about using steel and having it powdercoated. All of the Professional companies use aluminum or stainless steel. I really dont see any reason why it wouldnt work but what do you guys think
Thanks in advance
Jon
82 2001

jon4pres@gmail.com
Fort Scott Kansas
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic