NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Trailer Tires, Need Help

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
Author
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-16-2012 at 2:06am
I lost tread on a Goodyear a month ago. It was date coded 2008. Eight hours from home, 4PM, Saturday afternoon. Thank God it didnt go flat and there was a Farm & Fleet 20 miles away. I ended up replacing both tires with Carlisles. They even told me to try and keep speeds below 65 mph.

I have always run ST tires on trailers, is there any reason you couldnt run truck tires as long as it is rated for the weight? It seems to me my one ton truck tires take a heck of a lot more abuse than the tailer tires do.    
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-16-2012 at 3:03am
[QUOTE=GlassSeeker] Looks like most think "Made in China" is an indicator of low quality. QUOTE]

I received a 21 speed bike Chinese bike in June.Still have not been able to use it.1st set of wheels were so out of true the brakes would bind.Finally received a second set of wheels as replacements. The new front one turns out is undersized so as you pump it up the tire comes off the bead, the tube comes out and explodes faster than you can say it. So now I wait for another. For a country who's only mode of transportation was the bike they sure have trouble making one. So yes I for one think "Made in China" is junk. Tires for the trailer I have no choice,if I did they would not be Chinese,but bearings since I can get good ones, I will not use.

Steve at one time the only difference between trailer tires and truck tires was that because they sat more they had more carbon black in them to make them last longer due to UV rays. The added carbon black though made them wear faster. Not sure about them now.
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
  Share Topic