NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

A Rough 1993 Ski - Update

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
KRoundy View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KRoundy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: A Rough 1993 Ski - Update
    Posted: July-20-2012 at 8:38pm
I have some super news - I purchased another 1993 SN today!

Surprised? I'm going to repair the fiberglass and I think it will be fine!

What do you think?
Previous: 1993 Electric Blue/Charcoal Ski Nautique
Current: 2016 Ski Nautique 200 Open Bow
KRoundy View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KRoundy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-20-2012 at 8:47pm
OK. Joke over. This a boat that I purchased. But it is not to rebuild, it is to scavenge for parts. The most important part is:

It is an HO and it is low hours!

I had it delivered to my house today and I'm waiting for the incessant rain to stop so I can clean it up and start to dig in.

If you need 1993 (SN 196) NWZ boat parts let me know. I'll be posting some of the things for sale (in the right location on this site) that I and/or the prior owner do not need.

Kevin

Sittin' in my driveway:
KRoundy View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KRoundy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-20-2012 at 11:57pm
Just an interesting note for everybody - look where the bow it sitting in the nose of the trailer. The tree bent the trailer arms. That's a lot of force!

Kevin
Foot_Fungus View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Foot_Fungus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-21-2012 at 12:06am
mmm i happen to need a bunch of parts... I'll shoot ya a pm
OverMyHead View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-21-2012 at 12:36am
Doesn't look like it bent the engine. Nice find.
For thousands of years men have felt the irresistible urge to go to sea, and many of them died. Things got better after they invented boats.
1987 Ski Nautique

Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-21-2012 at 1:42am
Great news Kevin,don't know how you were able to wait for so long but it looks to really have worked out for you.How did you find it?
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
ultrarunner View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ultrarunner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-21-2012 at 1:52am
Ok, so, I'm looking at the second picture in the original post...

Sawed off stump....with the fallen tree on the boat...

They sawed off the tree right next to the boat...ON PURPOSE???
KRoundy View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KRoundy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-21-2012 at 1:56am
I found it here! I'd have to hunt down the forum thread, but a few weeks ago a side comment led to a lead... Dreaming (Kris) pointed it out to me. One thing led to another and I met the owner, who posts here off and on. He is a great guy and was very up front with me. He made me an offer I could not refuse: If I could take the boat off his hands as-is, I could scavenge it for the parts I needed as long as he could get the parts he wanted off it.

A few weeks later... ta da!

In the end, my engine was only 32 miles from my house.

Kevin
Whitfield View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whitfield Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-21-2012 at 1:57am
That was what I thought too at first, but it looks more like they were cutting the trunk down in to manageable size pieces and that chunk just landed up right.
Michael ....    

I'm the black sheep ~ 1984 Dixie 299 Super Skier (350 Chev PCM / counter rotation / Velvet drive) Open Bow.
KRoundy View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KRoundy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-21-2012 at 1:57am
Originally posted by ultrarunner ultrarunner wrote:

Ok, so, I'm looking at the second picture in the original post...

Sawed off stump....with the fallen tree on the boat...

They sawed off the tree right next to the boat...ON PURPOSE???

No. I saw other pictures and that is not the stump. It is part of the tree and when it was sawed off it ended up just looking like a stump in that photo... The tree was blown over in one of our "once every few years" nasty winter wind storms. The PO noted that this wind storm came from the east, which is very unusual for Seattle. It ripped the roots right out of the ground.
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-21-2012 at 2:38am
Thanks to the Meloon's and Keith's site that has brought us all together that otherwise would have never met.
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
KRoundy View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KRoundy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-21-2012 at 4:24am
Originally posted by Gary S Gary S wrote:

Thanks to the Meloon's and Keith's site that has brought us all together that otherwise would have never met.

Hear, hear!
Dreaming View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dreaming Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-21-2012 at 4:28am
Woohoo!   Glad it all worked out Kevin, I am looking forward to seeing how it all comes together!
KRoundy View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KRoundy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-22-2012 at 3:44am
Originally posted by Dreaming Dreaming wrote:

Woohoo!   Glad it all worked out Kevin, I am looking forward to seeing how it all comes together!

Kris - If I need to borrow your engine hoist, you might get a first-hand look at seeing it come together!
Bri892001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bri892001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-23-2012 at 3:56pm
Any thread to that starts with "I have some super news" and then immediately shows a SN crushed by a tree is a good one

Congrats Kevin!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic