NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

2012 Buckethead Barefoot Race

Post Reply Post Reply Page   123>
Author
tullfooter View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tullfooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2012 Buckethead Barefoot Race
    Posted: July-10-2012 at 10:50am
I know a couple of you guys will be going, but I thought I would post it here. Brian just put out the registration form for the 2012 Buckethead Barefoot Endurance race. This race has become one of the top barefoot endurance races in the country. Last year 14 boats were one the starting line; it was a site/sight to behold. It's 38 miles of racing on choice water, followed by a great lunch and awards party. Last year there was a sandbar party late in the afternoon . Last year there was also 6 or 7 Barefoot Nautiques; a couple being showroom condition (not mine).
So if your looking for something to do Aug 11th, head over to Grand Rapids, Oh and join us.
Currently, registration is only open to those who raced last year, but if there are open spots after July 15th, I suggest you grab one.

2012 Buckethead
Play hard, life's not a trial run.
'85 BFN
'90 BFN

White Lake, Michigan

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tullfooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-13-2012 at 2:25am
Anyone?...Anyone?....Bueller?

Here's a teaser. It's last years start. Notice the boat to the left of this boat. Sweet colors.
BTW, the guy in the video is Dan Melton running about 8 miles.

Buckethead 2011 start
'85 BFN
'90 BFN

White Lake, Michigan

BuffaloBFN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-13-2012 at 12:31pm
I see a lot shared trust on that video; yall must all have a boating license.

I may be in Ithaca that weekend, but I'm guessing there isn't much room for spectators and we'd be boatless. Have a blast for us!
1988 BFN-sold

"It's a Livin' Thing...What a Terrible Thing to Lose" ELO
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-13-2012 at 1:49pm
Greg are you finally coming up to grassroots and not throwing me a heads up?
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
hotboat View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hotboat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-13-2012 at 2:00pm
Hey Steve, are you coming to pa Saturday?
Brian
BuffaloBFN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-13-2012 at 2:17pm
Originally posted by JoeinNY JoeinNY wrote:

Greg are you finally coming up to grassroots and not throwing me a heads up?

So you have Herd of them? No way man; I'd maybe hit you up for a sofa.

Ithaca,MI    north of Lansing

From what I've heard/Herd, the festivals up your way aren't quite as relaxing?

I may do an 'up thata way' tour though...

1988 BFN-sold

"It's a Livin' Thing...What a Terrible Thing to Lose" ELO
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-13-2012 at 5:36pm
I haven't been to grass roots in Ithaca NY, but I have friends that go every year and I can confirm they are not coming back home well rested at the end. When you make it you can certainly stay in the fennessy guest room.. it has slept a few correctcraftfans over the years but we always change the sheets.
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tullfooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-14-2012 at 12:08pm
Originally posted by hotboat hotboat wrote:

Hey Steve, are you coming to pa Saturday?

No. Why do you ask? I know a friend of mine may be trying to make a deal on your '91. I didn't know it was still available. As a matter of fact, he was at my cottage yesterday. He said he was on his way to Frankenmuth. Is he pulling a fast one on me and really heading to PA? I hope he is because we need a second boat for the Buckethead race.
'85 BFN
'90 BFN

White Lake, Michigan

hotboat View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hotboat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-15-2012 at 8:34am
Oops wrong Steve! If they don't buy it, it may be available for the race. Get ahold of me in a week I should know more then
Brian
tbeard View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tbeard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-15-2012 at 9:47pm
Steve...That race sounds awsome... Would love to see it. If I was closer I would offer my boat. By the way Great video.
Thanks.......Tom
86BFN View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 86BFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-16-2012 at 11:15am
Here's another teaser. I'll be there. More than likely as a spectator.

Race Start of Buckhead Barefoot Endurance Race 2011

👣 Steve
86 Barefoot Nautique

89 Martinique
Former Owner: 93 Hydrodyne 350 MAG
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tullfooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-19-2012 at 7:02pm
Steve, Why not foot? I talked to Brian today and he's doing some juggling; trying to hook up footers with teams.

Tim Cochrane (sp), are you out there?
'85 BFN
'90 BFN

White Lake, Michigan

watrski View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote watrski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-19-2012 at 7:04pm
Originally posted by tullfooter tullfooter wrote:

Steve, Why not foot? I talked to Brian today and he's doing some juggling; trying to hook up footers with teams.

I'm here.

Looking to jump on a team if anybody has room.

Tim
watrski View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote watrski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-19-2012 at 7:13pm

I'm here.

Looking to jump on a team if anybody has room.

Tim
watrski View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote watrski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-20-2012 at 1:18am
I guess its now young guns and little bit older gun team now :)
M3Fan View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M3Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-20-2012 at 1:35am
That first 2011 video from the Malibu doesn't surprise me- that's the rig to have! A CSB that doesn't give a damn about high RPMs and absolutely no wake. The BFN might have the hardest table out there but those Malibu hulls have tremendous lift and very little drag. Truly a great barefoot rig. I'll never forget the time I deep-up-ed behind my buddy's RLXi on one side of the wake with my eyes closed while planting/getting spray and opening my eyes on the other side of the wake- I had NO idea I did a LL wake cross.
2000 SN GT40 w/99 Graphics/Gel
2016 SN 200 OB 5.3L DI
https://forum.fifteenoff.com

86BFN View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 86BFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-20-2012 at 9:47am
I'll bring my gear just in case. And I'll shot Brian an email.
👣 Steve
86 Barefoot Nautique

89 Martinique
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tullfooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-20-2012 at 11:45am
Originally posted by watrski watrski wrote:

I guess its now young guns and little bit older gun team now :)

Tim, that works out great.   I spoke (texted) with Brian this morning and he said you would bring your boat. That works well for our Young Guns team of (4) footers, who don't have a boat lined up. What size shirt do you wear? The team is already paid for so your registration fee is covered (and we'll pay for your gas), but I have not given Brian the shirt sizes yet.

Steve
Plan on bringing your gear. Between now and the race, I'm sure some team/teams will have a footer drop out and will be in need of a substitute. Last year we almost lost one of our footers the morning of the race. He was "overserved" at the cooler the night before.      Actually he overserved himself with Rum Chada.
'85 BFN
'90 BFN

White Lake, Michigan

RIPnSIX View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RIPnSIX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-20-2012 at 1:49pm
Can't freakin wait guys!!

Also, If you are coming and are a footer bring your gear. I'm on the local team, and we have a boat and 3 footers. yes, you can do the race with 3 but my body is already saying WTF are you thinking..

Should be another fantastic event, and the water's been butter all year.
If you don't fall, you're not trying hard enough.

If it doesn't hurt.. Go Bigger.

Tubing Sucks.
86BFN View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 86BFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-20-2012 at 3:58pm

Last year we almost lost one of our footers the morning of the race. He was "overserved" at the cooler the night before.      Actually he overserved himself with Rum Chada.

I will bring my gear, and I won't be overserved. See ya at the party! I can see everyone is getting stoked!   

IMHO Jordan, I wouldn't do it with a 3 man team. Been there done that. Too much for this dude.
👣 Steve
86 Barefoot Nautique

89 Martinique
watrski View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote watrski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-20-2012 at 4:24pm
Steve,

I'm an XL.

The question is to bring the 176 (~300HP) or my friends 196 (~330HP).
RIPnSIX View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RIPnSIX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-20-2012 at 4:38pm
Yeah.. there is no way I'd want to.. we've done it with 4 and it was a load for sure.
If you don't fall, you're not trying hard enough.

If it doesn't hurt.. Go Bigger.

Tubing Sucks.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tullfooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-20-2012 at 7:44pm
Originally posted by watrski watrski wrote:

Steve,

I'm an XL.

The question is to bring the 176 (~300HP) or my friends 196 (~330HP).

Your choice (beggers can't be choosers). If the boat will do 40mph with 5 guys in it, I think whatever has more room and comfort is the one to bring. I have an extra fly High extension, and I will bring a pulley system and ropes for your boat.

RipnSix
what's wrong with four guys? Didn't WBC Hot Shots win the race with four? (it helps when the first footer does the first 18 mile leg to the turn buoy )
'85 BFN
'90 BFN

White Lake, Michigan

watrski View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote watrski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-20-2012 at 7:45pm
The 196 will do 38 with 4 behind it and 4 in it :)
GlassSeeker View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GlassSeeker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-20-2012 at 8:43pm
In reference to the foot burn thread--

How does a guy ski 18 miles and not get footburn? well maybe he got it I don't know. Anyway I wonder what they are doing differently to ski that far without losing the skin off their feet...is it form?
This is the life
kapla View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kapla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-21-2012 at 1:08am
duct tape?
<a href="">1992 ski nautique
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tullfooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-21-2012 at 11:12am
Originally posted by kapla kapla wrote:

duct tape?

Nothing allowed on your feet for the race. Trust me, I can't understand how these guys run those distances. I think they do fire walking shows at night.
'85 BFN
'90 BFN

White Lake, Michigan

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tullfooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-21-2012 at 11:18am
I have another theory; the guy in the first video, Dan, has some huge feet (I think he's rockin' some 14's). I, on the other hand, weigh in at 210lbs and stand on size 9-1/2 biscuits (insert small foot joke here). If I could spread my weight over some size 12's, physics dictates less PSI on my dogs.
'85 BFN
'90 BFN

White Lake, Michigan

watrski View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote watrski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-30-2012 at 12:15pm

I have another theory; the guy in the first video, Dan, has some huge feet (I think he's rockin' some 14's). I, on the other hand, weigh in at 210lbs and stand on size 9-1/2 biscuits (insert small foot joke here). If I could spread my weight over some size 12's, physics dictates less PSI on my dogs.

Hah.

I'm @ 9.5 too. Footed about 45 miles over the past 2 days with our local crew and they all wore booties. I didn't, no burn.

Think I'm ready for the race :)!!
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tullfooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-02-2012 at 5:57pm
Getting geared up for the race. Haven't done much footing, but I've got a good team to back me up. Anyone else thinking of going to the race? First beers on me at the pre-race party at Rick's Bar.
'85 BFN
'90 BFN

White Lake, Michigan

Post Reply Post Reply Page   123>
  Share Topic