Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Radio location '87

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Nauti87 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nauti87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Radio location '87
    Posted: July-01-2012 at 12:52pm
What was the original location for the radio on an '87 2001? Most things I can find talk about the glove box, but mine was in the dash, old style knob radio.
Thanks.
tbeard View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tbeard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-01-2012 at 1:27pm
On my 88 BFN there is a cut out behind the dash gage cluster. You can see it from under the steering wheel/bow area. But the panel covers it on the front side so you would not know it was there from sitting in the drivers seat.
Thanks.......Tom
OverMyHead View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-01-2012 at 1:42pm
Mine had the hole from the old knob and post but a new radio with the waterproof lid would not fit. I made a blank to cover the hole and moved the radio into the glove box. As my box did not have a lid I removed and saved the original box part and built a radio enclosure that fit the waterproof lid. A better answer is to find one with a remote head or just use an amplifier that you can input a MP3 player to.
For thousands of years men have felt the irresistible urge to go to sea, and many of them died. Things got better after they invented boats.
1987 Ski Nautique

Nauti87 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nauti87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-02-2012 at 10:19am
Thanks for the replies, I havent decided what to do yet, I am missing the glove box lid, so that could sway the decision!
Thanks.
Bri892001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bri892001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-02-2012 at 1:52pm
Looks like you can still get the glove box and lid for this one, if that helps:
http://www.nautiqueparts.com/gloveboxwithlid.aspx
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic