Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Battery Box on a tique

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
pswann View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pswann Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Battery Box on a tique
    Posted: October-22-2005 at 4:29pm
Can anyone put a picture of their battery box from their mustang or tique for me viewed with the box lifted off the battery just slightly. Mine is rotted and I want to verify how it actually goes together. Can I just take my battery and build a box around the top or does the box actually mount onto the floor of the boat. Are there holes for the battery cable in the box? Thanks.
stang72 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stang72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-22-2005 at 5:31pm
Pswann...the box does mount to the boat...keeps it from moving. Building one would be easy....should glass it too!
No holes for the cables...there is enough room to reach over the top.I will be winterizing my mustang next weekend....I can take some photos at that time if you need.
Wish you would have posted this a few days ago...I had the box out of the nautique to clean!It's the same.
When you build it...find where the screw holes are in the bottom where the box was...use them! Be sure to put a dab of sealant in the holes when you screw it back in.
stang

Face plants are not that funny when it's you face!

The Super Air

pswann View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pswann Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-24-2005 at 7:27pm
I would appreciate it if you would take a picture or two. I dont see any holes where the old box was secure. I am pretty sure it wasnt secured. I thought it was sitting on top of the battery. Does yours secure from the bottom under the deck or from the top into the deck? Screws or bolt and nut?

I went to check for leaks while I had the floor out to recarpet and found a major shaft leak so I am not going out till I get that put back together so I have time.
stang72 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stang72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-24-2005 at 8:41pm
Mine screws from the bottom of the box to the hull...bat sits inside...I will take some pics for you in the boat and out.
stang

The Super Air

Atmspltr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Atmspltr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-04-2005 at 9:47am
I can do better than a picture...I have a battery box (fibergla**) out of a 67 Mustang. It was not screwed in. It was fibergla**ed and supported by the flotation foam underneatth and on 3 sides (one was against the stringer). Ski Tiques are just a bit different as the box is center mounted (Mustang was under driver seat). I'll sell the battery box (excellent condition) for $20. Call me (757) 620-7764 or email Robert_Bracey@Dom.com
stang72 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stang72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-14-2005 at 6:20pm
pswann....don't know if you still need a pic...sorry so late...have not been able to do any boat related stuff for a couple weeks Not sure how to attach a photo...need help or I can email you!
stang

The Super Air

pswann View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pswann Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-15-2005 at 6:51am
Just email it. I have my address in my profile. I havent got to the battery box yet, had to pull the engine to replace the stringers. Still havent got the alignment right yet. Alignment is so much fun. Thanks for the picture!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic