Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

’86 Barefoot Nautique

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
newshuz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newshuz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ’86 Barefoot Nautique
    Posted: October-16-2005 at 7:28pm
Just picked up my first "nautique"...1986 Barefoot Nautique with a 454..357 hours..looks and runs great. I have been a wooden boat enthusiast for many years but have finally converted to the "platic". Can't wait to use it. Looks like I will hae to wait till spring to really enjoy this fine boat. The Nautiques new home is Keuka Lake, New York.

Newshuz

bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-16-2005 at 7:58pm
Congratulations! The wooden classics are
my favorites as well, but gosh they are a lot
of work... perhaps when I retire.

I'm sure you'll love your "fiberglassic"

BKH
Livin' the Dream

trikeaholic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trikeaholic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-16-2005 at 8:18pm
Hey, cool, another finger lakes correct craft fan! I ski Cayuta lake. Sometimes, very rarely, Cayuga.
1980 Ski Nautique
Ithaca NY
My Boat
bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-16-2005 at 9:10pm
Where's the pictures BTW?????

BKH
Livin' the Dream

nuttyskier2002 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nuttyskier2002 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-17-2005 at 4:22am
Hey Newshuz - what wooden boat/s have you owned? I had a 1959 Chris Craft Capri. I bought it completely bare and restored it to almost new. I put in a 327 Chevy (instead of the 283) with several other upgrades. It made a pretty descent ski boat. I miss it dearly. I had to sell it due to moving out here to Portland Oregon. I too now use a "plastic" boat to get my skiing in.
95 Malibu Echelon w/Mercruiser 350 Magnum Skier

Former boats:
88 Ski Centurion Tru Trac II
59 Chris Craft Capri (woody)
newshuz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newshuz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-17-2005 at 6:58am
I currently have a 1948 16' Chris Craft utility and a 1938 Penn Yan 18' runabout. As syou said a lot of work!
nuttyskier2002 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nuttyskier2002 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-17-2005 at 11:23pm
A lot of work,...true, but nothing beats that feeling when you pull up to the boat ramp and notice people passing all the plastic boats by to get a look at yours with its gleaming decks and chrome vent scoops. Not to mention they are a part of this great nations history and display the fine craftsmanship that we Americans are capable of!
95 Malibu Echelon w/Mercruiser 350 Magnum Skier

Former boats:
88 Ski Centurion Tru Trac II
59 Chris Craft Capri (woody)
keuka1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote keuka1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-24-2005 at 6:48am
Hey Newshuz,

I look for ya on the lake in my 86 Martinique...Don't forget the H-Ween party at the Waterfront on Firday 10/28!!!!!

Chaz
newshuz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newshuz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-24-2005 at 11:21am
If you have been on Keuka for awhile do you remember the boat on the deck of the Waterfront?
Looks like it may be a nice weekend, unfortunately I have stored her for the Winter.
keuka1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote keuka1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-24-2005 at 3:16pm
Oh yeah sure do rememebr...It was a chris-craft fiberglass inboard boat as I remember. I worked at Jakes for about 12 years on the docks...great times!
newshuz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newshuz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-24-2005 at 5:35pm
Do you think Waterfront will be packed with crazies on Friday......hope so!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic