NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Graphic / Gel Coat Repair?

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Nautique2001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Graphic / Gel Coat Repair?
    Posted: October-05-2005 at 2:37pm
Does anyone know what type of place would do a professional job touching up my graphics and minor gel coat repair? I have a 1986 Nautique 2001 with minor scratches on my lettering. Where do I begin in the Yellow Pages? I live in Massachusetts, so if anyone knows of anyone, please let me know!

Thanks,

Ken
66Skylark View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 66Skylark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-05-2005 at 4:36pm
Hey Ken,

You could always try New England Correct Craft, they offer fiberglass/gel coat repair. NECC is on Route 125 in Rochester NH.

I'm not sure where you are in MA, but it is a pretty easy ride up there - 495N to 95N to Route 16 (Spaulding Turnpike) -
Craig Warner is the owner and a member of the (Meloon) family that started CC 80 years ago.

I was just taking to him yesterday about our old 66... Nice guy and VERY knowledgeable. Craig might even be able to locate some original graphics...

Good luck!

Nautique2001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-11-2005 at 11:16am
Thanks for the reply. I know Craig at NECC. He's top notch. My boat is currently at NECC getting winterized. I know they do gel coat repair, however I don't think they repair graphics. My graphics are in great condition with exception of two scratches that's driving me nuts. I'm thinking that some professional grade touch up paint would do it. I don't want to make it look worse. I was thinking of a graphics shop or some sort of custom paint shop. I'd pay decent money to get it right. I'll check with Craig. Thanks!
jameski View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jameski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-11-2005 at 11:55am
Sounds like you need to find a reputable sign shop. I had a few scratches in my graphics. I went by a local sign shop with a sample of the color. They gave me a big swatch of matching sign-vinyl and I cut it to fit my patches. It looks great (undetectable from 6 feet).
current boat
94 Sport Nautique
previous boat
78 Martinique
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic