NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

BF Boom Gunnel protection?

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
Author
mdvalant View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdvalant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-29-2012 at 5:25pm
ARG I love that boat! hmmm...hope our tower doesn't get in the way, anyone else got pics?
'90 Ski (sold)
'00 Sport
Mississippi River - Bellevue, IA
skutsch View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skutsch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-29-2012 at 5:23pm
This shows generally the configuration, although you can't see relative position related to seat/doghouse/etc...
skutsch View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skutsch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-29-2012 at 5:16pm
I am a bit of an odd duck, I hang mine out the starboard side, it is tight up against the drivers seat. Looking for a good picture.
mdvalant View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdvalant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-29-2012 at 4:43pm
How bout this folks, will our FCT get in the way of the boom? Where does yours sit Steve?
'90 Ski (sold)
'00 Sport
skutsch View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skutsch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-29-2012 at 4:03pm
Mike, I have the gunnel saver, but as you and Tim noted, it really doesn't do much. I throw a seat cushion (throwable PFD) between the boom and gunnel as well.
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-29-2012 at 2:49pm
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-29-2012 at 1:30pm
I use a throw cushion... Ive seen too many boats with spidercracked gunnels for me to trust the rubber "gunnel saver" alone, especially if it doesnt sit flat on the gunnel (mine never does).

Ive seen some people use trailer guide pads as well, but those arent super thick.
mdvalant View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdvalant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-29-2012 at 1:28pm
Hey all,

We were up at the Wisconsin Water Ski Fed/Expo this weekend and Mike Seipel was there selling all his factory second stuff. My friend got a 2 piece stainless fly high for $200 and we got a BI contour boom for $250. Couldn't really pass that deal up.

What do you guys use to protect the gunnel? I know the booms come with that rubber piece but never really trusted that. I'm looking for something a little more cleaner than simply adding a throw cushion under the bar but maybe that's the only/best way to go. Thought about those step pads some of the newer boats have but didn't know how that'd look either. Thoughts?
'90 Ski (sold)
'00 Sport
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
  Share Topic