NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Custom 1965 Correct Craft Mustang build

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 1415161718 32>
Author
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-05-2013 at 12:25pm
There was a 351 in a mustang that showed up to McCallums for one of the reunions as well.. with a modified box. Adding the riser at the bottom effectively widens the box down at the manifolds and helps with the fit.
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-05-2013 at 12:00pm
Oops,I thought you had changed your mind Peter and tried to pull that ad. ---
That's the one Tim, time has dimmed my memory,I thought it was a Ford. is a Chevy about the same size as a Ford?
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
Bakchose View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bakchose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-05-2013 at 11:47am
Great work. I remember the color combination debate. I think you nailed it. Can't wait to see pictures of interior when it is installed. What a great resurrection of an old and tried CC.
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-05-2013 at 10:49am
Gary, are you thinking of that dark orange (tangerine?) Mustang that had been repowered with a newer 350 (~260hp)? I think it GPS'd right around 50.x. There was talk of a 351w powered Mustang that showed up one of the years I couldnt make GL- but it had a modified motorbox. Width has always been the issue, and I thought the consensus was that a 351w would have a really hard time fitting under that older (pre-70) glass box, and PCM style manifolds on a 351w were definitely a no-go. Some people have put those on 302's and reported that they rub the sides. I need to go measure my intakes... I want to say the 351w is about 2" wider than a 302.
peter1234 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter1234 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-05-2013 at 10:27am
Gary . I sold mine in the spring.
former skylark owner now a formula but I cant let this place go
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-05-2013 at 3:21am
John- Peter 1234 has despite what the ad says a Skylark with 350 Chevy,which I might add anyone can make go fast and I think there was one at GL a couple of years ago that had been regeled orange with a 351. Link
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
john b View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-05-2013 at 2:36am
I win idiot of the month for forgetting that you Installed that 351 in it. I have followed the thread since the beginning and should be spanked for that question.
Is it the center riser exhaust or a taller intake that requires the 3" bump?
It looks really nice.
1970 Mustang "Theseus' paradox"
If everyone else is doing it, you're too late!

Hussler View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hussler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-05-2013 at 1:07am
Originally posted by john b john b wrote:

Has anyone successfully fitted a 351 in an old Mustang? I couldn't find a thread on a swap when I searched, just a lot of discussion and what ifs. Unless it would fit under the stock doghouse I would have to get skinnier feet to get to the back seat. It's silly narrow as it is.

Mine fits just fine under the doghouse, just needed a 3 inch booster, theres more space on the sides than 50's v8 centurys, if you consider those spacious
john b View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-05-2013 at 1:02am
Has anyone successfully fitted a 351 in an old Mustang? I couldn't find a thread on a swap when I searched, just a lot of discussion and what ifs. Unless it would fit under the stock doghouse I would have to get skinnier feet to get to the back seat. It's silly narrow as it is.

Hussler View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hussler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-05-2013 at 12:58am
Originally posted by 63 Skier 63 Skier wrote:

That boat with a warmed up 351 will be scary fast.

Without the interior and whatnot it is already scary fast, you can just crank the wheel and blow out a nice rooster through the turn. Love it.

Even got a couple cheers from different docks because of my antics, many people came by the marina to ask about it. Feeling pretty proud of how its turning out so far
63 Skier View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 63 Skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-05-2013 at 12:39am
That boat with a warmed up 351 will be scary fast.
'63 American Skier - '98 Sport Nautique
Hussler View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hussler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-05-2013 at 12:26am
Originally posted by Gary S Gary S wrote:

Well done Jim looking good. Did you drive it yet or were you just floating it?

Oh I sure did drive it! Thats how I found out the motor was blown

It drives just how I hoped it would, no pouposing and it goes very very fast havent gpsd the top speed yet, and i probably wont get to until next year :/
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-04-2013 at 11:37pm
Well done Jim looking good. Did you drive it yet or were you just floating it?
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
crabman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crabman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-04-2013 at 11:21pm
That's looks really good in the water.
Hussler View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hussler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-04-2013 at 11:06pm
Originally posted by juniorwoody juniorwoody wrote:

Nice work Jim, Though a bit off the original trail it will be striking when done. Keep the photos coming.

Thanks! I Only have two pics left at the moment, still hope to find my missing memory card.

juniorwoody View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote juniorwoody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-04-2013 at 10:53pm
Nice work Jim, Though a bit off the original trail it will be striking when done. Keep the photos coming.
The value of money spent on new adventure far exceeds the value of money saved for the future
Hussler View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hussler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-04-2013 at 9:47pm
Meh, I saw it was off a 64 stang so I went with it, it also pull some more black onto the dash to go along with the control and helm. It looks really nice with the gauges, I lost a memory card that had a lot of pics ill have to take some more
john b View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-04-2013 at 3:57pm
I think the Dr. has something there. It would look really clean without the panel, kinda like the SS gauges.

DrCC View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrCC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-04-2013 at 3:06pm
Nice job on the dash repair.   But, I think it would look more Custom-er with-out the aluminum gauge panel.   
Hussler View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hussler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-04-2013 at 12:58am
Oh god im not going to be done for a while! Next summer... definitely next summer.

I have more pics still sorting them out
john b View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-04-2013 at 12:41am
You're not done until you post a photo of it in the water with you smiling at the helm.
Looks good!

Hussler View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hussler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-04-2013 at 12:32am
I think that about covers it.
Hussler View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hussler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-04-2013 at 12:28am

Hussler View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hussler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-04-2013 at 12:25am

Hussler View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hussler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-04-2013 at 12:22am

Hussler View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hussler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-04-2013 at 12:20am

Hussler View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hussler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-03-2013 at 11:50pm
So it turns out one of the pistons is blown, 50psi in one 100 psi in the others. Kinda sucks because it was the whole reason I bought the boat. Whatever, show goes on. I'll tear it down, have the shortblock redone and get the gt40p heads and that cams research cam everybody likes.

Pics uploading now.

Im currently going to school 3 days a week and working the other 4 so progress will be slow from here on.
Hussler View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hussler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-29-2013 at 2:33pm
Pretty good, just water tested it yesterday . Its going to take a while to assemble the pics together, I had a super busy summer. Boat still has a long way to go (electronics, interior) but it moves under its own power!
turningpoint84 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote turningpoint84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-29-2013 at 2:30pm
How's the boat looking?
Proud 1968 mustang owner and now
1970 Mustang
Hussler View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hussler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-29-2013 at 2:19pm
Hows it hanging fellas
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 1415161718 32>
  Share Topic