NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Anyone heard from Eric?

Post Reply Post Reply Page   123 5>
Author
OverMyHead View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Anyone heard from Eric?
    Posted: December-27-2011 at 1:28pm
Eric, you were pretty worked up Christmas eve, maybe you just had the time. I hope you found some Christmas cheer.

Dave
For thousands of years men have felt the irresistible urge to go to sea, and many of them died. Things got better after they invented boats.
1987 Ski Nautique

Jllogan View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jllogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-27-2011 at 2:36pm
ha, hopefully he is taking some time to relax! Probably out enjoying the baumy cleveland weather. Boy works hard, he deserves a break. Or you finally pissed him off!
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-27-2011 at 3:33pm
Hopefully not the later, He deserves a break, he is a good man even if he is confused politically .
For thousands of years men have felt the irresistible urge to go to sea, and many of them died. Things got better after they invented boats.
1987 Ski Nautique

Jllogan View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jllogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-27-2011 at 4:20pm
well, people obviously have very different opinions about the way a government runs. Thats why we have two parties. Its not that half of the people are dumb or something, but everyone has different perspectives and experiences which define our values. I always keep that in mind. Even though I am one party and someone is another doesnt mean they are dumb, bad or evil. They just disagree with me and I am sure for good reasons or they wouldnt be willing to take a stand on it.

I guess I am just a moderate, I dont think compromise is a dirty word. I understand that approximately half of america does not agree with the way I would run things. So is it fair in a democracy that half of the peoples voices are heard and the other half not? No, so while I may disagree with decisions that get made I understand why.
harddock View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote harddock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-27-2011 at 4:55pm
Did you hear this years Christmas message from President Obama? He is on TV every day yet I seemed to have missed it this year. Oh wait, I forgot, he was on vacation. What was I thinking? Maybe Eric is in hawwaii too!
Jllogan View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jllogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-27-2011 at 4:58pm
hah, ya, my wife and I were just discussing how much it would suck to be president the other day. No thankyou, not enough money in the world. Thats gotta be one of the worst jobs ever. You have to really enjoy being in control to do that job because they wouldnt be any other reason. Im too lazy!
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-27-2011 at 5:00pm
Justin, I actually believe we need both parties, just in some sort of better balance than we have now. Thus the winky after my staement. I just like to tease Eric. If i were in charge the budget would get split in two halves. one half entitlements and the other everything else. Republicans would determine the amount of the entitle ment buget, and dems how to spend it. flip it for the other half. There would have to be some consideration of the other side or they would come back and mess with you. By the way, on another note I mailed your coil today. You should see it before the weekend.
1987 Ski Nautique

Jllogan View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jllogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-27-2011 at 5:03pm
cool thanks man!!! I just hate it when people blow stuff out of porportion and really just politics is frustrating in general. Both sides are guilty of being dumb and not working together, all they care about is getting elected and making the other guy look bad. I wish we could get some normal people in office, but I think all the smart normal people know not to get in politics.

BTW how is your back? better hopefully.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-27-2011 at 5:17pm
Thanks for your concern. I purchased a support through my chiropractor, consisting of a narrow band specifically targeting the sacroilliac joint , it does not atrophy the other muscles. I am supposed to wear it night and day for three months to allow damaged tissues to heal. The thing is amazing. The pains gong down my legs left the minute I put it on. The back discomfort decreased and actually moved up one joint. things in the flooring business are slow so I was carrining 24 foot roof trusses by myself last week and handing 4x8 sheet of 1/2" OSB up to a garage roof and that would be hard on a 49 year old floor guy with a good back (If you could find one).
1987 Ski Nautique

Jllogan View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jllogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-27-2011 at 5:30pm
yowsa, so much for taking it easy! Trusses are a B, because they are so awkward too. Then again so is plywood. Well dont overdo it! I actually cracked my right radius in my arm trying to get the oil filter off the boat engine a few weeks ago. I didnt have a filter wrench big enough so I was using my right arm like a wrench and then snap! Guess I need to drink more milk. Its only a hairline so I didnt need a cast or anything but it hurts when I lift/twist. Sometimes you dont realize your limits until you pass them.
davidg View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davidg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-27-2011 at 5:41pm
I agree we need a two party system to keep one party from over-reaching. This (our discussions on CCF) is just a microcosm of what happens in DC. Also, Eric dishes it out with the best of them. It doesn't make me mad. Just helps me get a better perspective of where the other guy is coming from.

That said.....I just saw on the news today that the Obama is about to ask Congress for another $1 Trillion + to fund the government. After this, the national debt will explode to over $15 Trillion.

Our national debt is what worries me most. Can we not get things together to live within our means in this country? Higher taxes are NOT the answer.

EDIT: By the way, I was wrong. The new national debt limit will be $16.4 Trillion if approved by Congress, so its even worse than I thought. Our Gross National Product is apprx. $14 Trillion. When our debt exceeds our GNP....we are in trouble. Obama refuses to even acknowledge this serious issue, let alone do anything, other than continue to spend more money, about it!! I am worried for our kids, and their kids and where this country is headed.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-27-2011 at 5:54pm
If it is your job lift up and support something it is always easier if the object being held is as small and balanced as possible.
1987 Ski Nautique

Jllogan View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jllogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-27-2011 at 6:04pm
Originally posted by davidg davidg wrote:

Can we not get things together to live within our means in this country?   

I think this is a statement we can all agree on, whether its on a personal or goverment level. We have lost this ability as consumers and it has bled through to our government. We think spending without limits is our right or something. It is hard to cut back when you are used to a certain standard and the same goes for government programs.
politicallycorrect View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote politicallycorrect Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-27-2011 at 9:41pm
Originally posted by OverMyHead OverMyHead wrote:

If it is your job lift up and support something it is always easier if the object being held is as small and balanced as possible.

But I'd spend the extra money to support a d-cup over an a-cup any day.
Skin grows back...fiberglass doesn't!!
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-27-2011 at 11:55pm
And you call yourself politically correct.
1987 Ski Nautique

harddock View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote harddock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-28-2011 at 12:04am
Originally posted by Jllogan Jllogan wrote:

hah, ya, my wife and I were just discussing how much it would suck to be president the other day. No thankyou, not enough money in the world. Thats gotta be one of the worst jobs ever. You have to really enjoy being in control to do that job because they wouldnt be any other reason. Im too lazy!

That is why I feel Newt could do a good job. Yes he has baggage (and they all do) and pissed some off in the past but he did get both sides to work together while Clinton was Presisent. He knows how to play the game, He has balance the budget for four years. The President can promise anything and usually wants to change Washington and we have seen how good that worked. Newt is someone that can get both sides to actually comprimise where everyone walks away with something instead of being stubborn and just patching things up over and over.

They say Romney should keep throwing money at ads and Newt
will go away. If that is true, remember Obama will have almost 1 billion to throw at Romney to make him go away.
eric lavine View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-28-2011 at 10:08am
you know when you get a box of chocolates, there are always a couple left that know one wants, im gearing up for 4 more my friends, i really would be looking forward to Newt if he was voted in, cause i really am looking forward to argueing with you guys for 4 more years, I can really see you are thinking a miracle is going to happen...maybe start calling your campaign "the change" cause thats all your going to get in your paycheck.

Now, with a democrat, we dont run out and buy guns,we make love and not war, we are a civilized people who like to discuss not argue, we look out for everyone, the ones we feed and the ones that steal our money, we make laws with the intent of betterment for everyone, not just for profit, we dont fool the American people and put our young into harms way...you ever notice how you always see the crats after their tenure, ie: Clinton, Carter, Still to this day helping people out.
Not to long ago it turned into a "me" society, I dont know what happened to compassion for our neighbors, during the holidays I noticed i did not get one single "Merry Christmas" from any of the stores i went to it was Happy Holidays, but walking down the street or down the sidewalks you could sense people went out of their way to say Merry Christmas and not Happy Holidays to you. I know things change, Ive been flipped off more in the last 5 years, and have been fcd by customers in the last 2, recently i went out of my way on a boat, it was you may not believe me but it was perfect when it left my shop, it was a large bill and the next day the guy stopped payment on the check, because he knows how to work the system, little does he know its a class 4 felony, and I know the prosecutor very well. I dont even care about the money now, its the principle, he did his homework, and the reason I know this is because i called his hometown police department and they were very familier with this guy.
Anyways that and a couple other things i have going on have kept me busy and not to mention my daughter lost my phone with all my contacts in it, but, you guys gotta do alot more than that then to spread your smoke and mirrors to piss me off.
really just been really busy lately cause i have some news that is to early to let out at this time.
I'll get back to regular schedule here soon, I like and feel like you guys are like brothers so dont worry about me

"the things you own will start to own you"
63 Skier View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 63 Skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-28-2011 at 12:11pm
Originally posted by Jllogan Jllogan wrote:

well, people obviously have very different opinions about the way a government runs. Thats why we have two parties. Its not that half of the people are dumb or something, but everyone has different perspectives and experiences which define our values. I always keep that in mind. Even though I am one party and someone is another doesnt mean they are dumb, bad or evil. They just disagree with me and I am sure for good reasons or they wouldnt be willing to take a stand on it.

I guess I am just a moderate, I dont think compromise is a dirty word. I understand that approximately half of america does not agree with the way I would run things. So is it fair in a democracy that half of the peoples voices are heard and the other half not? No, so while I may disagree with decisions that get made I understand why.

Nice post !!!
'63 American Skier - '98 Sport Nautique
63 Skier View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 63 Skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-28-2011 at 12:20pm
Eric, I'll never understand people like your customer who get up in the morning figuring out ways to screw people that THEY HIRED to do work for them.

I'm definitely a glass half full person, really think there are a ton of good people in this country. The day to day pressure on moms and dads and kids and business owners and religious leaders, etc. is getting overwhelming and I think that comes through in attitudes toward other people. Our leadership tends to ignore this, makes decisions that are right for their personal gain, for their party, for their re-election prospects, while we suffer through their bad decisions and lack of forward planning. I think families are in desperate need of the feeling that they can go to work, earn a living, pay the bills, provide for their kids, and retire in comfort.

So, what's the news? Can you tell us now? How about now?
'63 American Skier - '98 Sport Nautique
Jllogan View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jllogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-28-2011 at 12:53pm
ya what a dangle. Hey I have news, but I cant tell you! Cmon MAN! Well can you at least say if its good or bad news?
tullfooter View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tullfooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-28-2011 at 5:25pm
Eric
don't worry about your phone. You can get one of those free phones that are subsidized by others. You know, the phones that are for the those less fortunate; the phone for emergencies; for 200 minutes of emergencies per month.   

Play hard, life's not a trial run.
'85 BFN
'90 BFN

White Lake, Michigan

quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-28-2011 at 6:11pm
Eric you touched one of my nerves with these Jack Offs who "work the system". I have several law suits going right now trying to collect various accounts that add deep into six figures, every one vs dradle douche bags, whom BTW have comprised of about 95% of my non-payers over the past 15+ years. Don't even get me started on the legal system and the attorneys, which is more effed up then Washington.

Too bad we can't turn back the clock to the time when an old fashioned beating, or simply the fear of one, kept these thieves in check.

Good luck collecting your money, I am at the point once something like getting paid goes bad, if I can get fifty cent on the dollar early, I take it and run, no sense in putting another one of my lawyers kids through law school IE dropping another shark in the tank.
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-28-2011 at 6:38pm
I have seen what you guy's are talking about but I don't understand it.Used to be your reputation was worth something. I can't even tell you how many jobs I have been sent out on only to find the reason it dosen't work is because they have been turned off for non pay. You might think the strange thing is that our company can't figure that out before they send us out, when in fact these deadbeats are trying to scam you into turning it back on when by then it's out of our hands.
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
Okie Boarder View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Okie Boarder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-28-2011 at 9:27pm
eric,

I'd be much more impressed if the democrats were helping people with their own money. It's nice to redistribute wealth and fundraise to try to help those in need, but it is a whole other thing when you take money or time from yourself to provide for others. You think Clinton would help a cause if he had to fund it himself or if there was nothing in it for him?
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-28-2011 at 11:42pm
To soon for the news, after the new year, it is business related, cant babble cause I'm on a kindle that I'm growing to hate as l am typing this, but cant do nothing till after the 1st with this guy...but I could put an add on craigslist until then and it will say, father passed and free to a good home, need a car removed from his garage, I have no ldea what it is but it does say rt 426 on the side of it, whoever tows lt away can have it, looks like it needs to be painted, Must meet me at night at the house after 11:00 pm because I work 2nd shift......I'll give the address and no phone number.

Really though, l'll go the legal route.
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-29-2011 at 3:28am
whew...I was afraid that there was something really wrong with eric...but after a couple of posts I feel much better now.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-29-2011 at 9:46am
Chris, Gary, you guys know exactly what im talking about, not to mention the bounced checks and charges because of a check not clearing.... its very hard to read people nowadays, a couple years back i had a girl do the same thing to me, she got the insurance check and spent it, to get her car back she wrote me a 3800.00 check and the phone records showed that she cancelled her personal check 20 minutes later in my parking lot, luckily I knew Brunswicks finest and he went and gave her the ole "theft by deception" which now i am very familier with, unfortunately this patrolmen retired 2 months ago and i dont have him to lean on, but, i know the prosecutor pretty well and will wait until after the New Year. i did get all of the money back from the girl plus any additional charges related to the stop payment of the check,
I think this guy is banking on me not pursueing the issue.......i will post as i go
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-29-2011 at 9:52am
Tull, actually kinda nice not having a phone, i think i'll glide for a while without it, did without it for 30 years....the fcn thing just adds to the stressful days
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-29-2011 at 9:56am
63, these are the type of guys in charge of this country but at a larger scale, a handshake doesnt mean a thing, really, they keep shooting themselves in the foot and we are starting to catch on.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-29-2011 at 9:59am
ok, or he could be like Newt and take a million dollar advise checks and wouldnt have to work so hard at getting Haiti back on its feet again
 Post Reply Post Reply Page   123 5>
  Share Topic