Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Correct Craft's Customer Service

Post Reply Post Reply Page   123 4>
Author
team210 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote team210 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Correct Craft's Customer Service
    Posted: July-18-2011 at 5:14pm
I have owned Correct Craft's for the past 10 years most recent one 2006 210 Team. The warranty ran out at the beginning of this summer, shortly after that hugh cracks showed up in most of the cushions. I contacted CC, they asked me for pictures, took them and sent them to CC. I had to contact them at least 6 times becuase they would no answer me, today I received an email. See below their response.

I'm sorry there is nothing I can do about this. My problem with this is, the upholstery dept is already overwhelmed with production for the 2012 model year as well as legitimate warranty claims. To add additional seats out of good will is not something I can do in good conscience.

I am in the market for a new boat, but after this response my last CC, afterall we are buying customer service when we purchase anything. This is the most disappointing answer I could have received.

Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-18-2011 at 5:26pm
The late/no reply would be annoying, but good luck with the other manufacturers!
mdvalant View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdvalant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-18-2011 at 5:34pm
So are the seats a defect, or how are they cracking?
'90 Ski (sold)
'00 Sport
Mississippi River - Bellevue, IA
team210 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote team210 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-18-2011 at 5:44pm
The Seats/cushions are cracking in odd places, not where you would expect them. The back sun deck is cracked in the back, the piping is broken on many of the seats, it's odd. But in CC's tradition their customer service never ceases to give me that feeling of securit when purchasing a $68,000 boat.
harddock View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote harddock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-18-2011 at 5:56pm
Is all this seat damage on the 2006? Where do you live?
team210 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote team210 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-18-2011 at 6:41pm
Yes on a 2006 Team 210. Live in WV
harddock View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote harddock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-18-2011 at 7:08pm
is the boat covered or garaged?
team210 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote team210 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-18-2011 at 7:14pm
Boat is at the dock 3 months a year covered, balance stored inside a garage. Boat is taken care of at all times. My biggest complaint is not that the cushions cracked but to CC's lack of response/customer service.
Just not the same company as when Meloon's owned it. The boats are not the same either, I have always been a die hard CC fan.
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-18-2011 at 7:18pm
Sell the Nautique and buy a Correct Craft? I'm a bit puzzled on how the vinyl can hold up for 5 years then over night fall apart...
mdvalant View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdvalant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-18-2011 at 7:19pm
Agreed that service may be difficult. I have never had to really reach out to CC about much. Although when we were trying to replace our (IMO) crap digital gauges in our 2000 Sport we received dismal support from CC aka Nautique.

Regardless, I wanna know how the heck your seats are that bad already. Not saying you aren't taking care of them, but it's that or uh..a bad batch of vinyl?
'90 Ski (sold)
'00 Sport
team210 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote team210 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-18-2011 at 7:24pm
Yes agree with you, maybe a bad batch of vinyl. I have had boats with a spot here and there but not like this. I will post the pictures I sent to Nautique. In 2006 I bought the boat new from the Cleveland Boat Show in February, in April put it on the water to test it out, boat burned up. CC replaced the boat with this boat, but no without a bunch of screaming and threatning, so maybe no surprise they could care less about some vinyl. Good luck getting their help, if you figure them out let me know.
mdvalant View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdvalant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-18-2011 at 7:26pm
Oh yea, we got our gauges figured out but not with the help from the factory.
'90 Ski (sold)
'00 Sport
Keeganino View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keeganino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-18-2011 at 11:09pm
The guy who did my upholstery for the Skier last year was doing warranty work for Mastercraft on a 2008. He said the vinyl is just not as good as it used to be. Let me just add this guy was slooooooooowwwwwwwww! We are talking months off the water while he is doing his thing getting paid by corporate.

Sucks to hit a dead end in the customer service dept, but you did say the warranty was up... When the ac unit in my car goes out 500 miles after the warranty period, i would never expect them to fix it for free. I can see your frustration but don't agree with the beef.
"working on these old boats may not be cost effective but as it shows its what it brings into your life that matters" -Roger

1973 Skier
Nautiquehunter View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautiquehunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-19-2011 at 12:13am
What do you use to clean and condition the interior? How often do you clean it?
team210 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote team210 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-19-2011 at 12:23am
I clean it after each use with Babes. $-5 times a year I pull it out of water and use 303 on it.
team210 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote team210 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-19-2011 at 12:28am
As far as it being out of warranty, I understand that but it surprises me the comment they made-not very customer friendly. A little more finese in their answer may have made a difference, do you like to be treated like that, got you? Isn't customer relations all about building relationships for a lifetime of sales/committment? Work by the hour?
Keuka View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keuka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-19-2011 at 12:37am
Keegan

Your point about the warranty being up is well taken but that usually doesn't mean the manufacturer won't participate in the repair. I work in car dealers everday (all franchises). The dealers generally have some sort of self authorization for goodwill warranty repairs. Something like this, the manufacturer might cover it but require the customer to cough up a percentage of it. The amount of maintenance service that is done at the dealer usually is a direct reflection of how much effort the dealer will go to bat to get it covered for you.

Are you a regular customer of you local Nautique dealer? Did they offer to help or did you go straight to the manufacturer?

David
86 Martinique
team210 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote team210 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-19-2011 at 12:41am
I went to the manufacturer, my dealer closed. I agree with you 100%, a little good will goes a long way. They made no effort to help, and that to me speaks volumes.
skicat2001 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skicat2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-19-2011 at 12:58am
I will be honest that all manufactors have turned to cheap interior stichinng, work and all stink. I know some others going through the same with Mastercraft on a 09, and a Malibu 08. These boats are 50k and the inside looks awful. Stiching is offline, very inconsistent and tears easly and they will not warranty the work. All of them stink and it ends up going to the consumer when they should uphold there name and take care of the customer. There are not to many corporations these days to do not rely on return customers, they just look for the good ol tea bag screwing up front, and do not look at the return and customer service that should be provided long term. Sorry about this, but it is out there with a large percentage of them act like this.

They dont make like they used too!!
1985 CC 2001-SOLD
Lee Michael Johnson

team210 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote team210 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-19-2011 at 1:16am
Wow,you have said it as clear as a bell. After all returning customer's are what everyone strives for. And the American corporation wonders why their business is loosing money and customers. A little bit of good will can and does go a long way. My wife and I are looking for a new boat, guess who just fell out of the running, and I promised Nautique I would post their answer of every CC post I could find, they said they were too busy, maybe this will help slow them down a bit. Their attitude makes me feel like they don't care, oh they really don't. One has to ask themselves why the Meloons got out of a company they founded on the Christian principals and employed Christian people with core values. Nautique ( CC ) has fallen to the ranks of every other manufacturer, just a little difference in business seperates good from great.
Whitfield View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whitfield Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-19-2011 at 6:25am
If the giants fall, then will our kids look to CCfan first for there boating needs? I know here I can always get a prompt, courteous response, peppered with knowledgeable advice on best to spend my dollars (weather buying, building or rebuilding).
Michael ....    

I'm the black sheep ~ 1984 Dixie 299 Super Skier (350 Chev PCM / counter rotation / Velvet drive) Open Bow.
eric lavine View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-19-2011 at 10:07am
team, shame on them, big business nowadays MUST rely on customer service, some it seems are trying to sugar coat your vinyl problems, you plopped down the same money a person would plop down for a Porsche, I would guareentee if Porsche had this problem with their seats cracking we wouldnt even talking about it because it wouldve been handled already. Its a right now world and i think thats how CC is handling their business, they dont wanna walk down and fck the herd of cows, they wanna stay up top and fck the one big cow and forget the rest.
its funny, not going off track here but its a perfect example, just yesterday this old guy came to my shop and needs about 1500 bucks worth of work to his car, he said to me, you know why i brought my car here? i said why? he said about 4 years ago i had a flat tire right out in the front of your shop and you guys pulled my car off the street with your lift truck and changed the tire for me, and you wouldnt except a 10 dollar bill from me, so my wife made you guys a cake and i brought it in for you guys a few days later...I remember the cake, lol
thats burned into his memory, and that one deed gave me a customer for life. thats what its about, and some people wonder........
it fcn baffles me in an disposable fcn economy of boats, why they wouldnt step up to the plate and handle this, even just to save face even if its not their problem
"the things you own will start to own you"
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-19-2011 at 10:33am
Team, one question, after your experience with this problem, is there another 68k CC in your future?
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-19-2011 at 10:34am
I hate bad press.....
mdvalant View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdvalant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-19-2011 at 11:19am
Back to the dealer thing...How do we compare boats to cars? Do we at all? Do the companies operate the same way? If I buy a brand new Ford pick-up from Smith Ford in nowhere, USA and the door hinge squeaks and it's really annoying me, aren't I required to take it to Smith Ford and have them deal with Ford Motor Company as opposed to me escalating past the dealer?

I understand you can't throw a rock without hitting a car dealer and that Nautique dealers are tough to come by. I'm just trying to think of an excuse for Nautique I guess. Maybe the business plan is to NOT assist customers from the factory/main plant and instead delegate to their dealers.

If that is the case, I vote they hire some of us to sit in the A/C and answer calls at the main office. All we'd have to do to answer most of them is a CCFAN forum search...
'90 Ski (sold)
'00 Sport
BuffaloBFN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-19-2011 at 12:14pm
He said his dealer closed so where does he have left to go? I wonder if he got a courtesy call and a pointer to the next nearest dealer?

Good for you on that tire Eric.

1988 BFN-sold

"It's a Livin' Thing...What a Terrible Thing to Lose" ELO
mdvalant View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdvalant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-19-2011 at 12:16pm
Oh yup my bad, forgot his dealer closed.

Also wanted to give Eric a +1 on that tire. I would be doing the same thing if I were that family.
'90 Ski (sold)
'00 Sport
team210 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote team210 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-19-2011 at 12:17pm
There was a Nautique in my future, but no the answer is NO! I too own my own business and my saying is "The customer is not always right but the customer is always the customer" I have has similair experiences as Grand Poobah with customers, have had the same customers for 25 years because I value them, they pay for my kids college, my mortgage, etc. I refuse to be treated like this, and if I needed to go to a dealer first, all they had to do was tell me. Across the board today products are pretty equal so what makes us purchase from one company to another, in my world it's simple " Service ". I am willing to pay top dollar but I don't want to be treated like this, and won't. As with cars you are correct, I own a BMW X5 to tow my boat, trust me when something goes wrong Service is at the FRONT!
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-19-2011 at 12:19pm
Nautiques isn't what Correct Craft was, but what makes you think there's another tow boat manufacturer better?
BuffaloBFN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-19-2011 at 12:22pm
I think they call that 'voting with your feet'.
1988 BFN-sold

"It's a Livin' Thing...What a Terrible Thing to Lose" ELO
 Post Reply Post Reply Page   123 4>
  Share Topic