Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

EZ Ski Trainer

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Bryan89 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bryan89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: EZ Ski Trainer
    Posted: January-30-2011 at 10:11pm
I am looking for an EZ Ski Trainer for my son this summer. If you have one that you have out grown let me know. Thanks, Bryan
tnplicky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tnplicky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-01-2011 at 9:48pm
Bryan - Sorry, I don't have one, nor I have used one. Hopefully someone here can help you out, however there was a similar post recently and I don't think it generated much response.

I was curious how old your son is. Depending on his age and his comfort level in the water, would it make sense to go straight to trainer skis, such as O'brien All Stars or similar?
Bryan89 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bryan89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-01-2011 at 11:24pm
He will be two this summer, so no skis yet. We don't want to get the tube habit started so this seemed like a better choice to get him started enjoying the water. Bryan
pmccook1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pmccook1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-02-2011 at 12:43am
I'm outside Macon,GA,   I have a set if you can come pick them up. Not sure how much I'd want for them. I need a junior set - I wish we could make a swap, but I doubt you have a junior set yet or do you ?

I have the wide ones with the bar between them that the ski rope comes up from. You hold the handle in the boat in case they fall you just let go.   If he can hold on to the rope it will just about automatically stand them up as soon as you put the boat in gear. My little girl says she's ready to slalom. We'll see this summer , she's 9yrs old.

pmccook1

Current boat:1993 Ski Nautique " Purple "
Have owned : 76' ski nautique, 93' Sport Nautique, 83 Stars and stripes, 47' Chris Craft Continental
Bryan89 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bryan89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-02-2011 at 10:46am
I live in Indianapolis IN so it may not work. I did just sell my 89 SN to a guy in Australia and am in the market for a boat. Long story short I may be around the area in the next couple of months looking at boats. I will keep you in mind. I am looking at the inflatable EZ Ski but I will need what you have at some time.

Have you tried the boom with your daughter I have had a lot of success teaching kids to slalom using a boom. Thanks, Bryan
bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-02-2011 at 1:10pm
Put my daughter on an EZ ski at two. Was a no brainer purchase for me. She is still using it some, and I put her friends on it. Good luck finding one. I recommend them. BKH
Livin' the Dream

Bryan89 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bryan89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-02-2011 at 4:22pm
Thanks for the info, good to hear your daughter started at two. I have heard nothing but good things about these for young children. Any advice on starting my little man out? If I can't find a used one I will be purchasing one new. Just thought I could save some money and help clean out someone's boat house. Bryan
OverMyHead View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-02-2011 at 10:03pm
Bryan, I posted for one a few weeks ago with no response. I did find this one also for $99 but it is all inflatable, it does not have the hard base that the EZ has.

Has anyone tried both? opinions?
For thousands of years men have felt the irresistible urge to go to sea, and many of them died. Things got better after they invented boats.
1987 Ski Nautique

Bryan89 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bryan89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-02-2011 at 10:34pm
I did not see your post, if one comes available on the site you get first dibs. The one pictured in interesting but I think I like the idea of a hard bottom. It would be good to hear some reviews as it is almost half the price. Bryan
OverMyHead View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-02-2011 at 11:35pm
Dont worry Bryan, no one seems to be breaking down the doors to get rid of one. I am thinking along the same lines you are, I would like the girls to have the feel of a solid ski under their feet.
For thousands of years men have felt the irresistible urge to go to sea, and many of them died. Things got better after they invented boats.
1987 Ski Nautique

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic