NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

A day with Mike Succi

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
wakeboardin2k4 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wakeboardin2k4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: A day with Mike Succi
    Posted: November-21-2010 at 9:25pm
Back in September I went up to Maine and hung out with Mike (05 210) and had a great day on the lake. For a mid September day it was warm enough that Mike and I got in 2 wakeboarding sessions and 1 surf session.

Mousam lake was basically ours until about 2pm when a few people started to come out for an end of their season boat ride. It was a great lake and I can definitely understand why Mike enjoys relaxing and spending time with his family and friends there.

I had the opportunity to spend most of the weekend during the 2010 CCF reunion on Mikes boat and we loaded it up with the factory 800lbs of ballast and 3 people and the wake was a lot of fun. But since this time it was just Mike and I on the boat we decided to put in a few extra lbs of ballast. We were running the factory 800 lbs and an extra 1100lbs and a driver. What an unbelievable wake that boat puts out.

I landed my first wake to wake 180 and was getting as close as I have ever gotten on wake to wake 360s. That darn handle keeps alluding me. I was working on frontside wake to wake 180s to blind and came close. Mike was knocking out big wake to wake 180s with extreme comfort and style.

A friend of Mikes joined us later in the afternoon and couldn't handle the wake mikes boat was putting out. His buddy was doing some sick backrolls and took a few nice diggers to the face due to being use to riding behind a baby malibu.

Overall I had a great day and I look forward to hopefully going out on the lake again with Mike next summer.

These pictures are a little bit old at this point. But I figured better late than never

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0nBXoPLaXc0

If someone wants to embed that video that would be great.

I could not figure out how to do it. I tried about 6 times. Its a good video of Captain Mike surfing
"I'm planning to bring my girl that rides on a trailer with me and leave my girl that complains about camping at home"
Keeganino View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keeganino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-21-2010 at 9:39pm
Wow! that is a lot of weight! Looks like fun. To embed you tubes put the url in between tube /tube. with [ brackets around the tube and /tube

"working on these old boats may not be cost effective but as it shows its what it brings into your life that matters" -Roger

1973 Skier
The Godfather View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Godfather Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-21-2010 at 10:47pm

Dudes, I could have added 148lbs to help...hehe

Look's like you guys had another blast !!

Can't wait till next year, did you guy's play Bad Company LOUD!!

Dave
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wakeboardin2k4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-21-2010 at 11:56pm
I think i played Bad Company about 3 times that day.

You should have been there Dave. We could have used your expert skills out on the lake
"I'm planning to bring my girl that rides on a trailer with me and leave my girl that complains about camping at home"
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-22-2010 at 8:57pm
I got to try surfing next year. Looks like a blast.
63 Skier View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 63 Skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-23-2010 at 9:59am
Eric, I saw in the calendar post that you boat on Suncook Lake, do you come up weekends or are you around more than that? I work in Pittsfield, about 10 minutes from there.

Nice pics and video, fun to have the lake to yourself once in a while.
'63 American Skier - '98 Sport Nautique
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-23-2010 at 12:26pm
What no phone call.. you guys know Joe is down to travel for a serious sesh..

Seriously though looks like a great time.. probably more wake than I have the nerve to attack.. Just don't sink that thing I am still hoping to have saved up enough coin in 7 or 8 years to buy that boat from Mike.
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
05 210 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 05 210 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-23-2010 at 1:24pm
   Hey that IPhone makes a pretty good video. Not too shabby considering the guy driving the boat was also the photog and the spotter .
   It was great to have you up Eric and obviously we will be getting together again once the weather warms. What a great day that was. Pretty nerve racking driving with that much weight in the boat and to be honest, my skills no where near warrant that kind of weight, but it sure was cool just to hit it and feel the water beneath you disappear for what seemed liked minutes. Definately an eye opener to guys that ride with that kind of weight regularly- My knees still hurt. Thanks for posting up those pics, though they serv the wake no justice, it was huge. We didn't have too much time to play with weight placement, but man that surf wake would have been epic with a little tuning.

Joe, you are welcome any time, and there is always a spot for tenters/small campers on our property if anyone ever wants to come up.The lake is usually alot busier than it was that day though.

Dirty moment of the day: Eric sitting on low side of bow with legs outside boat(we weren't moving,just floating around with boat off) while weighted for surfing, decides to take of his heater top. He gets arms above his head, tangled in heater top and falls out of the boat into 60 feet of water. Luckily, he hooked his wrist on the grab rail on his way out. We laughed about that for quite a while after realizing how bad it could have ended.Never a dull moment with that kid around.

Mike

Eta: Eric, off topic I realize, but I've been meaning to reach out to you and Ken.I'll make a point to to do that this weekend. My sympathies go out to you after hearing of your grandfathers passing. After spending time at the reunion with you and your dad I know how much he meant to you and I'm sorry for your loss.
Air Nautique 210 Team

640 hours, not 1 regret
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wakeboardin2k4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-23-2010 at 1:44pm
Originally posted by 63 Skier 63 Skier wrote:

Eric, I saw in the calendar post that you boat on Suncook Lake, do you come up weekends or are you around more than that? I work in Pittsfield, about 10 minutes from there.

Nice pics and video, fun to have the lake to yourself once in a while.

I used to spend basically whole summers on Suncook lake growing up. Out of 10 weeks of summer i probably spent 4-5 of them on Suncook and every weekend was spent up there.

At this point the working world keeps me from doing that, along with now living in NJ. But this summer i spent probably 5 weekends up there and 1 week. Which isn't too bad given its a 6 hour ride to get there.

Originally posted by 05 210 05 210 wrote:

Dirty moment of the day: Eric sitting on low side of bow..... Luckily, he hooked his wrist on the grab rail on his way out. We laughed about that for quite a while after realizing how bad it could have ended.Never a dull moment with that kid around

That definitely could have been way worse than it was. Thankfully my cat like reflexes allowed me to grab that rail. It was wicked funny given im in the water with my hands on the rails but cant see anything cause my heater rash guard is over my head wondering what the heck do I do next.

That wake was way out of our leagues mike but it sure was cool to see what all the pros had talked about over the years with how big that 210 wake is capable of becoming.

I can't wait for next summer! I got the boating itch already and I just tucked the boat away 2 weeks ago.

Im gonna need a little mid winter trip to O-dub for sure!

Joe- It wasn't the same in the boat without you and carbone
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic