NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Charlotte in December

Post Reply Post Reply Page   12>
Author
storm34 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote storm34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Charlotte in December
    Posted: November-17-2010 at 7:30pm
Hey guys...going to be in Charlotte NC Dec 5-8. Reid... If you guys are going to be in the shop or if anyone is going to be around I'd love to meet up with some CCFans while I'm in town. I haven't booked flights yet so I may be able to get a free day and stay till the 9th.

any takers?
MartyMabe View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartyMabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-17-2010 at 7:55pm
I'm 1 hour away to the east. I'm game
66 Skylark
93 SN
If you're not living in NC, you're just camping out!
storm34 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote storm34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-17-2010 at 8:23pm
Very cool Marty! I'll let you know what my schedule looks like. Sounds like I'll be free the 8th and possibly 9th.
Keeganino View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keeganino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-17-2010 at 8:26pm
I would love to but am headed to the Appalachian Trail for a few days of hiking.
"working on these old boats may not be cost effective but as it shows its what it brings into your life that matters" -Roger

1973 Skier
Air206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Air206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-17-2010 at 8:44pm

Our soccer club has a soccer tournament at Lake Norman (in Charlotte) this weekend. Reid - or anyone - gonna be around?

Steve
MartyMabe View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartyMabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-17-2010 at 9:18pm
Keegan-- You say hiking or Snow-Skiing

Crap, Chris. I told my wife about your trip and she says- Did you forget about the Transiberian Orchestra Concert Wednesday the 8th?
I said I thought something was going on!
But we're going to the 4 pm show at Greensboro.
Still that day or the 9th is still good. Let me know your itinerary.

66 Skylark
93 SN
Donald80SN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donald80SN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-17-2010 at 9:42pm
Chris,

If I am not traveling with business. I will be around. I am across the lake from Reid.

I thought Marty was into Blue Grass and Gangster Rap.

Donald
Keeganino View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keeganino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-17-2010 at 10:00pm
Marty I hope that there won't be any snow skiing! We got a pretty good snow storm last year on our December trip and actually cut out a day early because of it. Over the last 8 years or so we have only been snowed on 2 times in December. TSO is a great show! Have fun.
"working on these old boats may not be cost effective but as it shows its what it brings into your life that matters" -Roger

1973 Skier
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-17-2010 at 11:39pm
Originally posted by Keeganino Keeganino wrote:

Marty I hope that there won't be any snow skiing! We got a pretty good snow storm last year on our December trip and actually cut out a day early because of it. Over the last 8 years or so we have only been snowed on 2 times in December. TSO is a great show! Have fun.

Our place in NC last December, about 1.5 hrs S of Keegan and 2 east of Reid.
Just ain't right. At least our neighbors were ready to go with their tooner as soon as it warmed up.
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-18-2010 at 1:50am
No go for NC but am wondering when the FLORIDA trip is planned? Already have dates for HW and the Leinen family visits. You could even (gasp!) bring your kit along and foot with me and Eddie.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
storm34 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote storm34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-18-2010 at 2:04am
jbear...I am still waiting to see if I am going to make the cut for the Florida trip. If it does happen, I will be sure to spend a few extra days down there so I can come visit and then I've gotta make the trip to the factory!

Marty and Donald, There still is hope for a meet up the 9th. I am holding off on booking my ticket for a few day so I can meet up with you all.
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-18-2010 at 2:08am
If you are talking about the River Run Chris...you won't be sorry. Me and Eddie are gonna do the Factory with HW when he comes down the day after Thanksgiving.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

The Godfather View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Godfather Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-18-2010 at 10:09am

Did somebody say factory visit...
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-18-2010 at 4:24pm
Yes we are doing the Regal factory tour, cannot wait!
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donald80SN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-19-2010 at 2:08am
Originally posted by Hollywood Hollywood wrote:

Yes we are doing the Regal factory tour, cannot wait!

LOL
The Godfather View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Godfather Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-19-2010 at 9:03am

MartyMabe View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartyMabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-19-2010 at 2:13pm
Chris, call me when you get in. I'll come and pick you up in the Hoopdey Limo!
66 Skylark
93 SN
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-20-2010 at 2:33am
Originally posted by The Godfather The Godfather wrote:

Did somebody say factory visit...

Dave: Do we need to talk or do we (Eddie,HW & I) just show up?

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

storm34 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote storm34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-20-2010 at 2:43am
Originally posted by MartyMabe MartyMabe wrote:

Chris, call me when you get in. I'll come and pick you up in the Hoopdey Limo!

hahah Awesome Marty! Sounds like I will be able to do something the 8th or 9th.

Jbear...there is a rumor around the office I will be down the end of January. I'll keep ya posted!
Air206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Air206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-23-2010 at 2:20am
Great Hospitality by Reid (as usual!) -

Curb service.. a 2011 Sport Nautique delivered to the soccer field boat ramp....... Awesome Ride!

Air206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Air206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-23-2010 at 2:25am
Sunshine and Correct Crafts - just add water!

Thanks for a great Sunday Morning, Reid.............

Keeganino View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keeganino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-23-2010 at 12:54pm
What a beauty! Like that ear to ear smile

1973 Skier
wakeboardin2k4 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wakeboardin2k4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-23-2010 at 2:06pm
ill be very interested to see how the wakeboard wake is behind that. I know its advertised to be a great vdrive ski boat but I wonder what happens when you add 1500lbs of ballast
"I'm planning to bring my girl that rides on a trailer with me and leave my girl that complains about camping at home"
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donald80SN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-24-2010 at 11:13pm
Originally posted by storm34 storm34 wrote:

Marty and Donald, There still is hope for a meet up the 9th.

The 9 TH is looking great for me. The 8 TH is still questionable.

Donald
storm34 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote storm34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-24-2010 at 11:35pm
Just booked my ticket today. Planning to get in the night of the 5th and will be in town till the morning of the 9th (unless I move my ticket back )

Would have to convince Alicia tho... 3 years for us on the 8th so she's being VERY generous to let me go visit Reid on the 8th!

I'll possibly have a few evenings free if anyone wants to meet up and have a beer after work.
storm34 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote storm34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-04-2010 at 2:58pm
Ok guys...I'll be in Charlotte Monday morning- friday morning. Probably try and get up to Race City Marine monday afternoon then should have some evenings free if anyone wants to get together.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donald80SN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-04-2010 at 9:20pm
Thursday evening works for me. I will be on the road the other nights.

Donald
MartyMabe View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartyMabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-04-2010 at 11:49pm
Dec. 6th-10th ?
66 Skylark
93 SN
storm34 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote storm34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-05-2010 at 4:31pm
Yup, will be in tomorrow at 12:10 and don't have anything until tuesday at 11.

Should have some evenings free. Let me know if ya'll wanna meet up somewhere.
reidp View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reidp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-05-2010 at 10:43pm
I spoke to Chris today and am looking forward to meeting up with him Monday afternoon at Race City. I really wish it would be a little warmer as we're experiencing unseasonably cold weather and 40 is about all we'll see couple of days, but the bass fishermen were smoking the lake yesterday during the sleet and snow, so who knows what we might do. If anyone else is in the neighborhood give us a call or stop on by. I can be reached at 704-451-5080. I spoke to "The Donald" this afternoon as well, and we'll plan to see him Thursday evening as he mentioned.

As for the new 200 Sport and wake boarding, we did fill the tanks when Steve and his lovely wife Val were out with us the other weekend while they were in town. She commented, as she's a boarder, that the wake was a bit wide but plenty tall. Also when loading one side and half the belly, the surf wake looks as good as it does in the video. After my first go at surfing with the super instructional gang just back in Sept, surfing's my new middle-age sport of the future.

Race City Marine also has a second 200 Sport on order which is expected to arrive within the next week or so and would look really sweet promo'ing at an upcoming CCFan gathering. Can you guess the color? The Godfather tells me it's progressing rather quickly thru the build process, so we can't wait and I'll certainly post picts when she shows up. And in keeping with another CCFan tradition, there's a 409 stuffed under the back deck.
ReidP
1973 Mustang

Post Reply Post Reply Page   12>
  Share Topic