Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

? about wakeskates

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
parrott View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parrott Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ? about wakeskates
    Posted: July-07-2010 at 5:19pm
I am thinking about buying a wakeskate. What length rope do you need to wakeskate?
1999 Air Nautique

1992 Nautique

1978 Nautique
behindpropeller View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote behindpropeller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-07-2010 at 5:22pm
I made our wakeskate rope. It is 5' rope sections put together to make about 45'

parrott View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parrott Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-07-2010 at 5:24pm
Thanks for your reply. I may make my own also. Don't know much about wakeskating, but it looks fun.
1999 Air Nautique

1992 Nautique

1978 Nautique
Tim D View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-07-2010 at 5:45pm
The length of the rope depends on the size of your boat and the shape and angle of the wake and which part you want to hit. I ride about 45' behind my boat and 55' behind my friends boat. I have two Hyperlites and one Byerly wakeskates. My favorite is the Hyperlite Catalyst, Brian Grubb pro model.
Tim D
parrott View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parrott Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-07-2010 at 5:54pm
Sounds like I just need to use the slalom line and take it up as needed.
Just getting started with wakeskating.
1999 Air Nautique

1992 Nautique

1978 Nautique
MI-nick View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MI-nick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-07-2010 at 7:06pm
you can wakeskate at the same line length you wakeboard at...70-75' for me. 45' or 50' seems awefully short...but whatever works best for you is best. i usually go a litte (1 or 2 MPH) slower too.
As far as I can tell, I'm not quite sure...
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic