NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

LH Prop

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: LH Prop
    Posted: June-28-2010 at 7:04pm
Did any old CC turn a LH prop, or does anyone have a boat that did. A friend has a LH 13 x 12, 1" that I told him I would post here for him, even tho the chances were a little slim. $125 and shipping?
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-28-2010 at 7:12pm
Larry, Skylarks and other LH drive boats.
MartyMabe View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartyMabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-28-2010 at 7:19pm
My 66 Skylark turns lefty! Although I have an extra 12 x 12 and a 12 x 13 all 3-bladers.

I could do $75 with shipping if he doesn't get a buyer
66 Skylark
93 SN
If you're not living in NC, you're just camping out!
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-28-2010 at 7:36pm
Originally posted by Riley Riley wrote:

Larry, Skylarks and other LH drive boats.

Bruce, I probably would have guessed that LH drive boats turned LH props What other boats specifically, all the V-6s and straight 6s? Any other engines/models?
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-28-2010 at 7:57pm
Remember that LH Classic at Sokokis Lake? It had a Buick engine. I think the Tahoes, at least some of them, were LH drive. The Interceptor straight 6's were RH drive. Seems like any LH CC other than a Sky Lark is pretty rare.
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-28-2010 at 9:53pm
Ooops sorry Bruce, I was hoping I'd get home before you saw and responded to my post. I was driving home and it suddenly occurred to me by LH drive you meant helm location not engine rotation, which is what I thought you meant, at first, and why it seemed redundant to me. Now I feel bad for being a wise guy. But now that I realize what you meant, I get it. Thanks for the info. Don't I recall seeing a picture of a super early, maybe even pre-CC, Nautique that was left hand drive?
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-28-2010 at 10:03pm
That's alright Larry. Sometimes I state the obvious without realizing.:)]

I think if boats with LH props were LH drive and boats with RH props were RH drives, it would be easier when changing from one boat to the other. Now that we have both kinds of boats, some days I can't remember which way they go in reverse.
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-28-2010 at 11:08pm
Originally posted by Riley Riley wrote:

some days I can't remember which way they go in reverse.

Usually backwards Bruce   
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
peter1234 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter1234 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-28-2010 at 11:12pm
so all small block chevies and g m v6 turn a lh prop and fords and chrysler boats turn a rh?
former skylark owner now a formula but I cant let this place go
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-28-2010 at 11:20pm
Peter, I believe all RH rotation, flywheel in the rear engines are/were specially made for boats. Normal rotation is LH. My brother has a Century with a 350 GM that is RH. We have an 88 Malibu with a 351 Ford that is LH. I'd say the trend in new boats has gone to standard rotaion engines.
peter1234 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter1234 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-28-2010 at 11:41pm
ok facing the front of the engine looking to the back it rotates clock wise so the prop from the rear turns counter clock wise . so facing the engine from the front the prop is turning to my right clockwise.   i think i must be a numb ass....   do i have to stick with a 12 " or can i use a 13 x15 x 1" rh ?    or any 13 in that range?
peter1234 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter1234 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-28-2010 at 11:46pm
but wait if the skylark with the v 6 turns a lefty and i only replaced the engine isnt mine a lefty too?
peter1234 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter1234 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-28-2010 at 11:48pm
sorry reread closer so i need a Lh 12 15 1"    how did i get this far in life it amazes me..........
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-28-2010 at 11:53pm
If you replaced it with a lefty engine, it's a lefty. Get your bearings from facing the rear of the boat. You already had the boat running in the water, so whatever you're running now. Maybe someone would have some spare props to let you try in Epsom. I've got a 13x13 legend, but I hear 12" run best on your boat.
peter1234 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter1234 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-28-2010 at 11:55pm
I will look for the 12 15   i looked at acme maybe there are other suppliers too .. thanks bruce
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-09-2010 at 11:35am
I am bumping this to point out I made a mistake in the original post saying it was a 12 x 13. It is actually a 13 x 12.
MartyMabe View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartyMabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-14-2010 at 5:24pm
E-mailed Delta and this is what he sent me back.

Mr. Mabe,

A lower pitch propeller (10.5 or 11) would actually slow the boat down 1-2
mph.

The 13 pitch propeller should be your best bet for top end speed, based upon
the information supplied.

Gary Liggett

Gary@Deltaprop.com

(877)238-8214 toll free

(513)467-0601

66 Skylark
93 SN
If you're not living in NC, you're just camping out!
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-14-2010 at 8:41pm
I find that information very suspect.
petermuhic View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote petermuhic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-15-2010 at 10:39pm
would that prop fit my 1978 ski nautique? i have a 14RH12 on it right now in mint shape but i changed the rotation of my engine so i need a LH prop? is it still for sale? i really need a LH soon, and my RH could be a trade? or trade with cash? or if anyone needs it?

let me know if its still up for sale..
peter1234 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter1234 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-16-2010 at 9:37pm
the one thing i came away with from acme was that an original 12 12 lh had 50% to 70% less blade surface than a new 12 12 acme. if that is true then it would compare to an old 12 x 14???
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-17-2010 at 12:07am
Originally posted by petermuhic petermuhic wrote:

would that prop fit my 1978 ski nautique? i have a 14RH12 on it right now in mint shape but i changed the rotation of my engine so i need a LH prop? is it still for sale? i really need a LH soon, and my RH could be a trade? or trade with cash? or if anyone needs it?

let me know if its still up for sale..

Still for sale. $75 plus shipping. Cant help you with the trade as the guy I am helping to sell has a LH boat, but I'm sure you could sell outright.

Let me know if you want it and we can make arrangements.

-Larry
petermuhic View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote petermuhic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-17-2010 at 1:55am
hello, can i get your phone number? so that we can set this up..? as long as the prop is in good shape and has no dents, or chips
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-17-2010 at 12:05pm
Prop is used but appears to be in good shape.

Give me a call 508-367-4122 I will need to verify sale with owner

Larry

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic