Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

props

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
wtresq View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wtresq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: props
    Posted: April-16-2010 at 3:14am
Looking for a prop for a 2006, Ski Nautique 206. It's a 4 blade, anyone have any suggestions?   Who is a good retailer.   Also since I'm a new owner of a Nautique, with the counter rotation, am I looking for a specific one or will any inboard prop work?
Todd
Wonder Lake Water Ski Show Team
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-16-2010 at 11:19am
No, not all inboard props are created equal. You need a prop for a 1" tapered shaft, in RH rotation (most non-CC props are LH and the shafts can be splined or tapered and come in various sizes). The stock prop with the 1.23 tranny and Excalibur motor on the 206 was the Acme 422 (12.5x15.5), so you want something comparable to that. If that is in fact your powertrain, the Acme 470 3-blade might improve holeshot and top end slightly, and it will turn a few more RPM's. The 1442 might do the same, but I havent seen with my own eyes that the larger 13.25" diameter will fit on a TSC2 hull... though I suspect it will. There is also an OJ XMP that will turn a few less RPM's at skiing speed- which supposedly softens the slalom wake a tad... though its been my experience that this prop's performance is a half notch off the Acmes.

Before anyone can make a real good recommendation though, you need to confirm your powertrain, let us know what prop you currently have, and get some baseline performance numbers (RPM and gps speed at WOT). Clueing us in as to how you plan to use the boat would be helpful as well.
wtresq View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wtresq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-16-2010 at 8:10pm
Thanks for the info, I spoke with Bill Weeks at Acme and he squared me away real quick.
Todd
Wonder Lake Water Ski Show Team
lfskizzer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lfskizzer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-19-2010 at 12:19am
Nice boat there Todd, I have a 2008 206, it currently has the 422 on it and I am in the works of getting a backup prop as well, so i know your in the same specs pretty much. I havent been out on the 206 yet this year to run her out to get those recommendations that Tim has said about GPS and WOT.
Good luck and welcome to the site
Phil
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic