Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

97 sport trailer dimensions

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Sephmu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sephmu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 97 sport trailer dimensions
    Posted: March-15-2010 at 4:51pm
Looking at a trailer that the seller claims was made for a v-drive, however, from his picks it looks to be a better fit for my 97 Sport DD! I am just curious if someone may have a general idea of the bow-stop to axle dimensions on a sport trailer. I assume any year of the sport model boats would work. In an ideal world I know the axle should be directly under the engine, but just curious as to what variances from this i may be able to get away with. I could measure my boat but it's on the highest rack in dry storage...any help greatly appreciated.

P.S. The trailer in question is single axle, and I will only be towing a few miles to the ramp for the most part.
skigoode View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skigoode Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-18-2010 at 6:26pm
If you are ever around Cincinnati I have a trailer that will work
for you    markjlohrer@fuse.net
Sephmu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sephmu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-19-2010 at 1:06pm
Thanks but Cinci is a lil far for me! Think we may have spoke briefly a few months ago...if I remember correctly it was a very nice trailer, I do appreciate it tho.

Sephmu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sephmu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-19-2010 at 2:36pm
Guess this was just a horrible question?!
Air206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Air206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-19-2010 at 9:56pm
Nope.... good question........

Just a hard question to answer quickly and easily. You are right about the axle position. The result of that being what is the resultant tongue weight. If you can adjust Bowstop to an appropriate tongue weight (5-10% GVWR), you should be OK. The V-Drive trailer axles are astern of the DD trailer axles, limiting the ability to adjust bow position to adequately compensate for tongue weight. If it looks like it is more central, it may be better suited to a DD boat.

Do you want a measurement from my trailer - (2004 Air206 on a Ram-lin)? Might give a rough approx........

Look at my old Excel trailer (V-drive) Vs the Air206 trailer(DD)

Sephmu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sephmu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-20-2010 at 12:48pm
Thanks Steve,

The trailer in question was on E-bay not too far away but the seller would never return my phone call!

He was selling a Malibu trailer, and in his photos of it I could see several CC trailers around his shop that were not being used, I tried a few times to get in touch with the guy and was thinking about offering him a package deal for two, possibly three of 'em, but i guess business is so good he had no reason to return the call! Sorry for the rant...

Found a local guy with a 2000? SAN that is on a beefy twin axle built for a direct drive so I'll be going to check it out next week...Never seen a trailer like this before, I figure it's custom, but man it's a tank! Thanks for the response, I have had an amazingly difficult time with my hunt for a trailer, so all help is much appreciated. No need to break out the measuring tape, I think I finally got a handle on this, but thanks again...

$1500 bucks sound like a good deal for a custom twin axle, painted, rust free???
bbialik View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbialik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-21-2010 at 7:33pm
Sounds like it might be too late, but I was just out looking at my 1990 Sport trailer and took a quick measurement. It's 160" from axle to bow-stop.
Sephmu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sephmu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-22-2010 at 4:52pm
Thanks "B",

Exactly what I was looking for.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic