Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

American Pickers !!!!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <123
Author
PAPA View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PAPA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-12-2010 at 12:42am
That show is really interesting with all the stuff they come across. You surely will have a couple of good sets of eyes looking for you.Good luck !
jimsport93 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jimsport93 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-12-2010 at 12:35am
Sounds like a chrome flag staff is in your future!
Way to go
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-12-2010 at 12:23am
Very cool Marty. My wife and I watch that all the time. We especially like it when they stop at the old farms out in the boonies with all the junk all over the place. Shop in High Point, huh? I hope to be in that area this summer. We just might just have to run up and do some browsing.
MartyMabe View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartyMabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-11-2010 at 11:32pm
Hey guys, Look who paid my 'mechanic' friend a visit today! Been holding on to this secret for over a week and today it came true.
The guys from the cable tv show on the History Channel
"American Pickers" were actually here in High Point,NC today, March 11,2010 !!

WOW! Great guys too! My friends parents,left him their Antique Shop, the dad just passed away at Christmas, his Mom passed about 5 years ago.
I had e-mailed them about a month ago, and asked since they were out and about to look for me a flag staff for the 'ole Skylark and had mentioned my frind's inheritence.
My friend mentioned to me about 2 weeks ago, Hey,Guess who called me. I told him, American Pickers, and his jaw dropped. He said how do you know they called me. I just grinned. But he said they were gonna be in touch. So he tells me Tuesday the 9th, that they're coming Thursday. I figured "they" wouldn't be here. But at 9 am this morning they pop out of an RV that was parked behind our work at CarQuest. His shop is next door to us and he rents a building beside of it just full of antiques.
Well they picked till noon, went to eat, then went to the parents house for 3 hours, then came back to his shop and started doing the 'interview' taping for the show and I walked over there.
Just minding my own business, not thinking I'd get to talk to them, Mike Wolfe does his little thing and then walks over to me and starts talking to me!
He asks me about my friend, Charlie, and the discussion leads to, well we found out about him in an e-mail someone sent them. I just smiled real big and he said- No Way! You sent that e-mail! I told him yes, and the next thing out of his mouth was- You've got a SWEET Boat!.
He remembered that e-mail from a month ago, just because of the SWEET Correct Craft. He says they're right next to the Mississippi, and he grew up loving the old wooden Chris Crafts and Correct Crafts!
He just couldn't believe that I was standing there of all people who turned them on to this particular 'Pick'

He said for me to call this number he gave me, ask for Danille, the girl we see on TV with them, leave her my contact numbers, because he has 2 Chrome Flag Staffs back at the shop in Iowa, and he'll personally send me pics of them to see if he has what I need, and then we'd deal from there. If not, he'll be sure and start looking for me when they're out 'Picking'

Man was I floored! Here's a couple of pics, and you'll notice the Race Car Body back there too! They said that was cool and would be nice for their shop! So that's how my day went!

66 Skylark
93 SN
If you're not living in NC, you're just camping out!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <123
  Share Topic