Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Posting Pictures--HELP!

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
bigwavedave View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigwavedave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Posting Pictures--HELP!
    Posted: December-12-2009 at 1:40pm
Can someone tell me how I can get the picture of my boat, Still Skiing, on the site so that it comes up on my posts? And how do you get other pictures posted? For example, someone wants a picture of my Century Sabre. How do I put it on the site? Thanks!
bigwavedave
tnplicky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tnplicky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-12-2009 at 5:44pm
To get a picture of your boat to show up with your posts, you first need to create a section in the "Diaries"

Got to "Diaries", then look for the "Post your boat" link on the right, the click the "Doaries Post" picture on the screen that comes up next. Fill out all the required fields and upload your picture(s). Once that is processed by Keith, you will get a Diaries ID #. You then need to go to the Membership Control Panel. Scroll down to the the Diaries Avatar section and enter your Diaries ID #.

To post a picture in a forum post, click the "Full Reply Editor" button (upward/right leaning arrow) next to the font control buttons above the post text box. There will be an Insert Image and Image Upload button that you use to add pictures. I use Image Upload, not sure what Insert Image does.

You can also add links to other websites or photo-sites using the hyperlink button.

MartyMabe View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartyMabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-12-2009 at 6:07pm
bigwavedave----David your ID # is 1209.
When you click on your name, up at the top of the web page where the address is at,your # is at the end.
66 Skylark
93 SN
If you're not living in NC, you're just camping out!
82 Nautique 1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 82 Nautique 1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-14-2009 at 2:27am
[URL= ][[http://i764.photobucket.com/albums/xx287/dheggen/SDC13958.jpgURL]
Original Owner " Dennis"

1982 Nautique
82 Nautique 1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 82 Nautique 1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-14-2009 at 2:29am
Can someone step me throught he process to post pictures ?

Thanks
Original Owner " Dennis"

1982 Nautique
storm34 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote storm34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-14-2009 at 4:46am
For me...I click on post reply...then the image upload icon (picturew/blue arrow...the select picture and hit ok and then I'm done.

If you need to resize image I take em down (either on photoshop or facebook works) and then save to desktop and go through steps above.
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-14-2009 at 11:29am
Originally posted by 82 Nautique 1 82 Nautique 1 wrote:

Can someone step me throught he process to post pictures ?

Thanks

Dave, there are two ways.

1. directly from your computer. This method is the easiest, but there are four problems with it.

To do it you can not use the quick response at the bottom of the page, you have to either start a new thread or hit reply on a previous post.

At the top of the response box is a small icon of a tree with a blue arrow. Hit that.

That will allow you to browse on your computer to find the image you want. Select the image, select open, say ok when it tells you to be patient and the image will be uploaded.

Now the disadvantages:

a. the image must be under 500 kb in size
b. the image may be too big (sizewise, not kilobite wise) This means we have to scroll left to right to see it, which is a pain in the neck.
c. it saves the image in your profile, which has limited volume, which means you can run out of image posting capability and
d. once you post an image, the forum will not let you post it a second time (in some future post) (unless you re-upload it with a new hame).

2. The second way to upload an image is to use a photohosting site, like photobucket. There are detailed instructions on how to upload using photobucket at the top of the "off topic" forum, which I have copied to here for you.

Give these a shot and if you have any other questions, let us know.
kapla View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kapla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-14-2009 at 4:01pm
very nice explanation Larry!!!
<a href="">1992 ski nautique
emccallum View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emccallum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-14-2009 at 7:44pm
thanks for the post...I finally did it after how many years???
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-14-2009 at 9:33pm
Originally posted by 75 Tique 75 Tique wrote:

Dave, there are two ways.

There is actually a third way, very expensive,if you don't have one already, not recommended to get one if you don't and to be used only as a last resort. Use your teenager or younger house member and have them show you how to do it. Alot of rolled eyes later and complaints that you have already been shown it multiple times, you will have mastered it. It worked for me   
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
FrankT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-15-2009 at 2:10am
I use tinypic.com. Browse for the picture you want to use, resize it to 640x480 and upload. After it uploads copy the IMG Code (right click & copy) and paste it into the message (right click & paste). Preview to verify it's what you want. Simple and quick.

Frank
emccallum View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emccallum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-15-2009 at 11:16am
With windows xp you can right click on the photo, send to mail recipient. It will ask if you want to resize it. Hit yes, then save the attached photo from the email. A bit of a pain, but works.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic