NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

White Lake MINI ?

Post Reply Post Reply Page   123>
Author
MartyMabe View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartyMabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: White Lake MINI ?
    Posted: December-11-2009 at 12:12am
Anybody up for something in late April or May, here at the Oak Hollow Lake in High Point,NC on Hwy 68 ?
66 Skylark
93 SN
If you're not living in NC, you're just camping out!
reidp View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reidp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-11-2009 at 11:17am
Marty, Not a bad idea, but I was thinking about maybe a gathering at White Lake, home of Correct Craft's oldest dealership, where we could ride around and check out a bunch of those existing older ones there. Also, I'm sure Carl and Diane at WL Marina would be glad to send out or post a notice and help host something.   And it is a gorgeous and clear little lake. What do you think about that?
ReidP
1973 Mustang

75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-11-2009 at 4:22pm
Originally posted by MartyMabe MartyMabe wrote:

... in late April or May, ...?

or mid June???
MartyMabe View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartyMabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-11-2009 at 4:53pm
I'm up for anything!
66 Skylark
93 SN
critter View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote critter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-11-2009 at 11:06pm
Cathie and I would love to go but it would have to be before April 27th. That is when we leave for Alaska for 6 months. We will understand
if it needs to be scheduled later.
1980 Ski Nautique
1966 Barracuda
MartyMabe View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartyMabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-12-2009 at 12:51am
Reid, White Lake has their Lake Festival in May,I think. You think we could get in on that? Boat Show?
66 Skylark
93 SN
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-12-2009 at 10:37am
I'm interested. White Lake is a straight shot down 95. Any other New Englanders?
The Godfather View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Godfather Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-12-2009 at 12:49pm

I always wanted to visit White Lake Marina.

Heard so much great things about the place and dealership.

And I think David at White Lake, would like to me the CCFans.

Dave
MartyMabe View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartyMabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-12-2009 at 6:23pm
I emailed David deAndrade at White Lake Marine, and he said he'd be happy to accomodate us. Just throw him some dates and he'll get back with me. If any of you guys,Reid or Dave(Godfather) know this person better than I ,give them a call.
Chime in on some dates!
66 Skylark
93 SN
MartyMabe View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartyMabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-15-2009 at 11:10pm
OK Guys---This thing is trying to develop here. Throw out some dates
so I can let David know at White Lake. A little help, Reid and Dave. This is the e-mail he wrote to me.He's game if we are. Count and dates, and he said he'd make this happen!   CHIME in!

We'd be open to most anything. I would avoid the weekend of the White Lake Water Festival, I think that would be too much.
Are you thinking about a one day or multi day event ?

I guess some questions would be the number of attendees that may come. We have a fair amount of room here, but their are other sites at the lake if more was needed.

I'll contact the chamber of commerce and see when the water festival is planed to be on... It would be one weekend in May. Maybe the weekend after it would work.

I'm not sure what kind of events you guys would do. In the past when we had some reunions, we'd sponsor a rig contest or like event (oldest boat, cleanest, furthest distance traveled, etc) giving some prices or cash for the winners.

We could work with some of our vendors and try to get sponsors. Just need a skeleton out line of what you guys see happening.

David deAndrade
White Lake Marine
www.whitelake.com

66 Skylark
93 SN
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Godfather Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-16-2009 at 12:16am

Marty,

Thanks for the update from David at White Lake.

I know Keith have always wanted something in the middle of the
states and the west coast as well.

But time is always the main factor. So any input from everyone
would be great.

Let me talk with Keith and David & reidp.

Dave

MartyMabe View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartyMabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-16-2009 at 12:28am
Thanks again, Mr. Hendricks

Let's hope we can get some hits on this thread!
66 Skylark
93 SN
Tim D View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-16-2009 at 12:46am
That's funny, I've mentioned it to David and Diane about 4 or 5 times about hosting an old boat gathering, even mentioned it to Carl the last time I was over there. They don't think there would be much interest. They finally had a boat show several years ago, not a big turn out, but hey, it has to start somehow. I've even told them to check out this site and see the amount of traffic and interest. You don't want to have a meet there on the Water Festival Weekend, too many people. It will probably be May 14-16. Here are some pics from that show, I think it was 3 years ago.

Tim D
Waterdog View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Waterdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-16-2009 at 10:42am
Sounds great to me
- waterdog -

78 Ski Tique

Donald80SN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donald80SN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-18-2009 at 12:48pm
Marty,

Count me in. I will be there with my 1980 SN and family. I am packing as I type this.

Donald   
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-28-2009 at 9:11pm
I have reason to be in the general area around april 22nd through 25th, but could make an excuse to come down that way in May as well.
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
MartyMabe View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartyMabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-28-2009 at 9:47pm
Joe, you mean you're coming in for my Birthday on April 25th?!!
Well, if it develops, you're more than welcome to stay at the ole' homeplace.
Let's get some more hits on the thread and we got the heat working on something.
66 Skylark
93 SN
critter View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote critter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-28-2009 at 10:25pm
April 22nd-25th would work well for Cathie and I also.
1980 Ski Nautique
1966 Barracuda
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donald80SN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-30-2009 at 1:44pm
Any weekend other than Memorial Day is good for me. My mother grew up in the area and we are planning on having a family reunion at White Lake on Memorial Day Weekend.

It will be no problem to make two trips to White Lake this summer.

Donald
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Godfather Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-30-2009 at 4:01pm
Masters on that weekend.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donald80SN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-15-2010 at 3:04pm
The Water Festival Weekend in once again on the Weekend of May 15 Th.

FYI,

Donald
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-15-2010 at 11:42pm
Roger...missed this somehow...Alaska for 6 months? Cool? Whats the story?

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
critter View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote critter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-16-2010 at 1:11am
Cathie and I are leaving April 24th, taking a month to get to Alaska, Staying until mid Sept and then expect to get back home early Oct.
Just a nice trip to a place we have not been but wanting to go.
We will miss GL and this Mini if it is in May but just cannot help it.
We will talk more down at the River Run.
1980 Ski Nautique
1966 Barracuda
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-16-2010 at 2:29am
You gonna drive the motorhome? What a road trip! So this must mean you have retired right? Alaska was one place we wanted to go after I quit work but did not make it. Maybe someday.

See ya at the River.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
critter View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote critter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-18-2010 at 12:22am
Yep. Driving the Motorhome and pulling a Ranger behind it for transportation when we get there. I am actually not retired. They offered to pay my medical for a year and I took them up on it. Have no plans on going back though so I consider myself "voluntarily unemployed".
1980 Ski Nautique
1966 Barracuda
Keeganino View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keeganino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-28-2010 at 2:36pm
All right a gathering in NC! Have any dates or locations been verified? My boat is under restoration right now and I hope to be back in the water by June. Would like to meet some of the members and see some of the work you guys have done if there is a gathering earlier.

Marty I am real close to you and can't wait to see that skylark!
"working on these old boats may not be cost effective but as it shows its what it brings into your life that matters" -Roger

1973 Skier
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donald80SN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-29-2010 at 7:35pm
Keegan,

I do not expect to see a date to get set until after the February St.John's River Run. That is the next event and several of the guys from NC are going to attend. I would guess that soon after that event a date will come together. I am up for any thing in NC and I may even make it to the St.John's deal. If I do, it will be at the last minute.

I am at Lake Norman.

Donald
oledawg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oledawg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-31-2010 at 8:23pm
Once the date is worked out I am pretty sure that my '87 CC Riviera could make it there from Winston-Salem, all fresh and clean from Matt Santomenna's Race City Marine's storage at BBC Partners LLC. I am positive that there wouldn't be another one like mine on the lake!
"To profit from good advice requires more wisdom than to give it"
Keeganino View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keeganino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-31-2010 at 8:44pm
I will keep a look out on this thread to see what comes up. I am in the demolition stage of a stringer replacement so if she's not all back together yet maybe I can come meet some of the gang and get to see some fine Correct Craft examples.
Thanks Ya'll,
Keegan
"working on these old boats may not be cost effective but as it shows its what it brings into your life that matters" -Roger

1973 Skier
JMurph View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JMurph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-02-2010 at 2:14pm
FYI...I am also watching this thread to see if anything comes together. We have a busy schedule that time of year, but who knows it might work out that we can make it.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page   123>
  Share Topic