Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

SKI NAUTIQUE 2001 DECAL RESTORATION

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 23456 9>
Author
kawmxrider View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kawmxrider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-11-2010 at 12:03pm
Tim,
Are you still doing Ski Nautique decals? If so, I would like to get some from you. How can I get in touch?
mxrider
Tim D View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-11-2010 at 10:08pm
Email is on the 3rd page.

What size is the tire cover everyone is talking about?
Tim D
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-12-2010 at 11:29am
Originally posted by Tim D Tim D wrote:

What size is the tire cover everyone is talking about?

Most common probably 14" tires @ dual axle and 15" tires @ single axle.
My trailer (dual axle) has ST205/75R14 tires.

Currently have a plain cover on mine which was purchased at Bass Pro IIRC.
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-12-2010 at 1:37pm
I think there would be people interested who have 13", 14" and 15" tires on their trailers. I think the most common sizes of each would be:

175/80/13 = 24" diameter
205/75/14 = 26" diameter
225/75/15 = 28" diameter
ben View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ben Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-04-2011 at 8:53am
Hi Tim,

I don't know if you can help me but I would appreicate any advice. I am restoring my '89 Nautique. I am very cautious about just taking it apart and would really like to tidy up the upholstery and the decals.

Should I just repaint and replace? And if so can the interior be ordered already stitched for fitment? I am trying to keep it as original as possible.

Thanks.
wetvette View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wetvette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-04-2011 at 10:36am
Try Nautiqueskins.com (Christine's Interiors) for you interior needs. They have licensed logos for upholstry and you can order exact fit interiors. They will send you color samples of upholstry and carpet for exact match.

Do more research before just painting. I have seen a lot of boats painted with less than desired results over time. Check into gelcoating.
wetvette
Tim D View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-04-2011 at 10:42pm
I don't have the checkered style lettering finished/perfected yet in cut vinyl. The original ones were printed in white on a clear tape. If you're going to replace the decals, I would pull them off and compound the grey gel coat stripe before I would paint over it.
Tim D
storm34 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote storm34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-04-2011 at 10:55pm
Ben, welcome to the site! You have found the right place to bring your boat back to life! As mentioned above you can get a complete new interior from christines. They have been said to have the best fit and finish. Shoot them an email and I'm sure they will get you everything you need.

You can bring that gel back to life pretty easily. There is a lot of information on wetsanding and buffing on the site. Do some searching and see some of the results other have had with this process.

Whats the condition of the rest of the boat look like? Floor,Stringers, Compression, Transmission?

PS- By grey I think he means Blue
Originally posted by Tim D Tim D wrote:

I would pull them off and compound the grey gel coat stripe before I would paint over it.
connorssons View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote connorssons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-05-2011 at 9:27am
Good morning Tim! Im working on my 75 separator and was trying to figure a way to make reverse stencils to repaint lettering on side, can you help me out. thanks Jeff you can see a really good pic in the diaries
MartyMabe View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartyMabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-08-2011 at 2:23am
Bumping this thread for 'Newbies'
66 Skylark
93 SN
If you're not living in NC, you're just camping out!
lakedog55 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lakedog55 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-23-2011 at 11:21pm
Tim,
Hi I am looking for a set of hull decalls for a 86 SN 2001, The boat is maroon with taffy, I was wanting the main lettering to be in a gold metal flake and the shadow to be in the maroon. The gold would be like the color of Florida State's helmet. I have some pin stripping I could send you for the color, or I could buy some from you that was a perfect match for the decals.
Thanks Mike
Lakedog55
Tim D View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-24-2011 at 1:23am
Mike, send me an email at tldowless64@yahoo.com
Tim D
nbowers View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nbowers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-24-2011 at 3:29pm
Tim,

I have a 1987 2001 with Grey Stripe. I need decals if avialable.

Ned Bowers
352-874-1269
nedcbowers@yahoo.com
Ned C Bowers
bbishop1974 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbishop1974 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-05-2011 at 2:37am
Hi Tim,i was wondering if you have the ability to recreate the silver nautique decals.Iam going to be looking for the SILVER NAUTIQUE and 2001 decals and some repair stripes for the large 25 on the transom.reply here or send me a email bbishop1974@hotmail.com.My name is Brian,thanks
graphxdigital View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote graphxdigital Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-05-2011 at 8:20pm
Tim,
   Hello, my name is Donald Richardson, Owner of Graph X Digital. I have a customer inquiring on the 1985 2001 Ski Nautique Decals. I have a vinyl plotter, and all the material, I was wondering if you'd like to sell me a copy of the correct vector file? If not, I wouldn't mind talking with you on ordering a set of the decals, please contact me as soon as possible. Thanks.

Donald Richardson
graphxdigital.com
graphxdigital@yahoo.com
Nautique2001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-07-2011 at 10:23pm
Tim, I just emailed you about some graphics for my '86. I hope my email found you. Thanks.
88 S NAUTIQUE View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 88 S NAUTIQUE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-16-2011 at 4:33pm
Tim, I was able to get the checkered "Ski Nautique" decals for the hull from White Lake, but they don't have the 2001 or the rear decals. I was wondering if you were thinking about making 88 SN decals? Thanks
Tim D View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-11-2011 at 1:06am
Just got some pics from a guy in Florida that I made some decals. He wanted to change from the original and go with metallic gold lettering on the maroon gel. I think the color combo looks good. I told him to send me the pics when he got them on, so I could see how it looks.

Tim D
Swatkinz View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Swatkinz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-11-2011 at 8:47am
Tim,
Those do look good.

BTW, I'm going to take a pic of my 88s "2001" graphic for you and email it to you to see if you can get the 88 file created. At WL, you mentioned that the 2001 that you had was too out of focus to complete. I'll be ready for some graphics by this off season.
Steve
2011 Sport/Air 200
Excalibur 343
2017 Boatmate Tandem Axle Trailer

Former CC owner (77, 80, 95, 88, all SNs)

Former Malibu owner (07, 09)
Chris4x4gill2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris4x4gill2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-11-2011 at 11:08am
For the guys looking for 88 - 89 decals, here is another thread dealing with them.

Link
lakedog55 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lakedog55 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-11-2011 at 3:56pm
Tim D,
This is Mike (some guy in Fl.) I was going to post on the forum, I was waiting to have it waxed up and pin striping done. The camera work and all the stuff around it and under it really takes away from the look, For me it looks great(FSU) but take a close look at the 0 on the 2001 hopefully you can make a new shadow I have tried out of some of my pin but it is not wide enough.
Thanks
Mike
When I finish I will send you an update
Lakedog55
gun-driver View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gun-driver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-15-2011 at 12:27pm
Tim,
I need a set of decals for my '85   
pheinbach@hotmail.com
Jllogan View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jllogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-18-2011 at 5:53pm
Hey,
I am looking for the outside decal set for a 1986 ski nautiqe 2001. You still making them? also how much? Also I was curious if you could make the ski nautique trailer decal from the same year? Thanks

email JLLOGAN1@gmail.com
merbesfield View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote merbesfield Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-18-2011 at 10:59pm
I have a 1984 SN 2001. What parts of the logo are decal and do you sell the replacements? Seems like some of the design is painted.

Edit, does anyone sell the wood grain on the dash? And the stickers on the 351 valve covers?
dwcar View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dwcar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-18-2011 at 11:43pm
I have the valve cover decals.

83Ski
Tim D View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-18-2011 at 11:44pm
I can make the lettering for the boat. I don't have the stripes in vinyl ready right now. Pauly Banana would be your best bet for the dash.
Tim D
merbesfield View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote merbesfield Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-19-2011 at 1:16am
Originally posted by dwcar dwcar wrote:

I have the valve cover decals.

What do they look like? How much are they? Thanks
dwcar View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dwcar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-19-2011 at 2:13am
Look at this link

http://www.correctcraftfan.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=12742&PN=1&title=dash-stickers-decals
83Ski
Jllogan View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jllogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-25-2011 at 2:39am
Tim,
I am interested in purchasing and have begun the removal of what is left of my decals on my boat. What details do you need from me? I am considering a metallic is that extra?

I also responded to your email you sent me.
Thanks
Jllogan View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jllogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-14-2011 at 2:20pm
Tim,
I put your check in the mail yesterday. Thanks!!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 23456 9>
  Share Topic