NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

90 sn bbc

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
hotboat View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hotboat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 90 sn bbc
    Posted: October-08-2009 at 7:11pm
Couple pics of the old 90, winterized today

Brian
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-08-2009 at 7:14pm
Ive seen that boat before- did you buy it off ebay a year or 2 ago?

Hows it top out with the big block? I think thats the only 90-96 Ski Nautique Ive seen with that powerplant. Very cool.
hotboat View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hotboat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-08-2009 at 7:27pm
I had it on ebay then to sell
Brian
behindpropeller View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote behindpropeller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-08-2009 at 7:38pm
Your at Conneaut?

hotboat View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hotboat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-08-2009 at 7:43pm
Not very fast cept for gettin there. I had alum heads and intake and some 1.7 rockers on it,never checked the top end gps but it would cavitate the oj 4 blade if you nailed it from a standstill. It was the quickest boat I ever drove, Im sure similar to yours. Supposedly one of eleven made according to the original owner-sea world receiving the other ten? none the less a un ique piece...
Brian
hotboat View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hotboat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-08-2009 at 7:44pm
Conneaut Lake yes
Brian
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-08-2009 at 7:53pm
Very cool- would love to hear what the GPS results are... gotta be flirting with 50. Does it have a 1:1 or 1.23? What size prop?
hotboat View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hotboat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-08-2009 at 7:59pm
1:1 13x14 bout 4400 stock and 5000 with the mods. If I can ever get around to going on one of these get togethers we may get it there. I know...Conneaut Lake would have to be a good place to have one? The number of correct crafts here has to be over a hundred   
Brian
hotboat View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hotboat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-08-2009 at 8:05pm
It doesnt get going quite as quick as this tho

Brian
eric lavine View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-09-2009 at 10:22am
just finished up a bbc, spent about 4 hours opening up the heads, its on an Baha outlaw, cheap HP, and found an extra 200 rpm's.
no out of pocket, just labor
"the things you own will start to own you"
hotboat View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hotboat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-09-2009 at 11:20am
Nice job, takes more hp to pick up 200 rpm in boat unless...are you sure you didnt just drop the prop pitch?

Eric I think I owe you a thanks because in one of the winterizing links I think it was you that said if you pull the block plug and nothing comes out clear the hole and I would have just assumed it went out another way...well I crammed a screwdriver in her and the cherry popped! thanx
Brian
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-09-2009 at 11:43am
i did shave um .025 too...and cut the seats, which that doesnt matter but i think i just found lost RPMs, I guess the point is dont step over dollars to pick up nickles. I hogged alot out of those heads, I always go after the relief on the intake valve seat.
I was down at a local guys shop, "the Sandman" he had some Aries? engines BBC"s with Hemi heads, 25k a pop, real nice
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-11-2009 at 10:33am

I got Nova in the blood too, notice the white numbers on the fenders
hotboat View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hotboat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-11-2009 at 12:00pm
Sweet! thanks for droppin a duece
Brian
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-11-2009 at 1:52pm
I just found one thats been in the garage for 24 years, im trying to pry it from the kid, he knows absolutely nothing abot cars or the "dueces"
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-11-2009 at 2:00pm
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-11-2009 at 2:01pm
try making that go over 100, lol
hotboat View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hotboat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-12-2009 at 12:09pm
on land or water?
Brian
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-12-2009 at 1:56pm
water, and its diesel powered along with the KW, lol
cat 3196's, 3x900hp each all day long at 100 mph
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic