Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

V-drive 2001 SN

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
Author
dip View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-11-2009 at 1:38am
Wow! I didn't expect to like this, but damn! That is gorgeous! Ever watch that show Overhaulin'? It sort of reminds me of what that guy Foose does with cars. They aren't original, but they're beautifully designed and at least appear beautifully built. Wow! I want one!
84resto View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 84resto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-12-2009 at 2:39am
Thank you Dip, that is a heck of a compliment. I love that show

F&F, just to give you an idea, my fuel tank is just under 30 gallons and runs from about 1 foot in front of the v drive up to about the dash board.

If you can get another 50 gallons of water from the dash board forward hidden under the floor go for it.   Remeber you've got ballast pumps/fuel hose/ ballast hose/ electrical/steering/throttle etc... that all needs to get routed under the floors too.

You look like you have a great shop setup for this kind of thing. After youre done glassing the stringers in, test fit the motor/tranny/vdrve/shaft.    It will give you a much better idea where you need to put everything.   You will probably need to compromise some of your ideas just so everything works properly and fits in neatly.
Pauly-Banana View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pauly-Banana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-13-2009 at 8:26pm
Hey 84resto, any chance os getting a picture from underneath the boat! Specifically the rudder and prop area!
anthonylizardi View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anthonylizardi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-13-2009 at 8:34pm
FYI, he didn't changed anything. The engine and transmission was placed so it will used the original shaft location. The only thing that was added was a dripless shaft seal. Most of the construction is documented at the2001.com.
GottaSki View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GottaSki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-13-2009 at 9:17pm
huh, sits flatter in the water than i would have guessed... nice execution.
"There is nothing, absolutely nothing, half so much worthwhile as messing around with boats...simply messing."

River Rat to Mole
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
  Share Topic