NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

70 Wildcat project.....

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 70 Wildcat project.....
    Posted: June-10-2009 at 1:13am
Just throwing this out there ....I have a 70 Wildcat project hull with lots of loose parts....not sure what I want to do with it right now? ... Sell? / Part? / or just put it back in the barn?

Hull has been painted red by PO. Deck is sanded and needs paint. Has the "wrap-around" style bucket seats, 318/Velvet Drive combo, etc.   

Im just trying to free up some space around here.. ( Pam's suggestion )

64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
69barri View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 69barri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-12-2009 at 1:34pm
do you have any trim parts from that wildcat? script emblems, "wildcat" emblem... etc? my dad has a 1966 wildcat and we would love to have any and all extra parts you may have. thanks.

mike laur
mikesemail678@yahoo.com
Ohio Wildcat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ohio Wildcat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-12-2009 at 4:27pm
Hello,
   I would consider anything you have. I am trying to rebuild my '68 Wildcat and may wish to use your hull and any parts you have left over. It could very possibly be in better shape than mine. I don't know where you are in the country but there is most always a way to get it home. Please let me know.

Thanks,   Rich 330-730-8329
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-12-2009 at 4:50pm
Steve, you've got to post pics of these gems when you bring them home. Nothing is too rough for me.
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-13-2009 at 1:53am
Bruce,
Here are a few pics of the Wildcat...
PO had painted the hull...

Seats had been re-upholstered years ago.. it has the wrap around type buckets....

Deck needs to be painted...

Boxes of misc parts...dash, steering wheel,chrome, etc...
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-13-2009 at 2:06am
Originally posted by 69barri 69barri wrote:

do you have any trim parts from that wildcat? script emblems, "wildcat" emblem... etc? my dad has a 1966 wildcat and we would love to have any and all extra parts you may have. thanks.

mike laur
mikesemail678@yahoo.com

Mike,
There are no Wildcat emblems.. dont see any place on the dash that ever had them.
Im hoping to sell the whole hull and parts as a project. The 318/Velvet drive could be optional..
Im planning to keep the trailer.
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-09-2009 at 2:56am
Originally posted by 69barri 69barri wrote:

my dad has a 1966 wildcat and we would love to have any and all extra parts you may have. thanks.

mike laur
mikesemail678@yahoo.com

Hey Mike ,you have any pice of your dads W.cat? What color is it?
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
Ohio Wildcat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ohio Wildcat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-09-2009 at 11:28am
Steve,

I had asked you about your '70 Wildcat with the thought of using the drivetrain and parts from my '68 Wildcat to finish the project. We talked on the phone in mid June.

This is contrary to your objective but ... it turns out that I am putting my Wildcat project up for sale and wondred if you were interested?
   I have removed the foam, stripped the fiberglass from the stringers and found a small about 8" section of the main port side stringer about 3' from the transom that has some rot. The boat is mostly original except the hull was painted black. All of the gauges are original and work, the seats are original but I believe had been re-upholstered a long time ago and it has an ugly Correct Craft trailer.

Rich
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-14-2009 at 2:24am
Rich,
Probably not interested myself, distance would be a problem. Plus, my wife thinks Ive already got too many projects.
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-22-2009 at 1:07am
Update.... Ive had few inquiries on individual parts from the Wildcat.   If I do get rid of it, I'd really prefer to sell the complete hull with all the shown hardware as a package. However, if enough interest, I may consider selling parts. So....any interest?   

64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
storm34 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote storm34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-22-2009 at 8:54pm
I want the Bucket Seats!!!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic