NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Parting out Southwind18...

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
Author
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-13-2009 at 1:16pm
Steve,

Is transmission ok? available? (with mounts)
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-13-2009 at 1:59pm
Larry,
Im checking with the friend that knew of the boat.   He's going to try and get me the mechanics phone number that worked on it. It supposedly had 700 bucks worth of tranny work done around 3 years ago. I'll let you know what I find.
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
DrCC View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrCC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-15-2009 at 8:42pm
Installed, look marvelous!

Thanks Steve

62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-16-2009 at 3:18am
Al,
Glad the rings worked!

Larry,
I did talk to the mechanic that worked on the boat.. he said the trans has less than an hours run time.(probably 10 - 15 minutes) About three years ago, just after installation, the owner didnt get the boat winterized,and the block cracked.

Im not 100% sure I want to get rid of it, do you need it for one of your boats?
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-16-2009 at 5:07pm
Steve,

You keep it. My need is not pressing, just accumulating parts for a project I want to take on sometime in the future. I have the time and patience right now to hold out for those rare exceptional deals.

"One of my boats...?" Who do think I am? TRBenj? I am afraid I am one of those dying breeds of being a one boat owner....not that I dont have a few on my wish list.
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-16-2009 at 10:08pm
Larry,
Didnt know if you had somethng "new" in the works?   I saw on your web site (pretty cool BTW) you'd also like a cracker box someday.

Hey, Are the graghics on your Tique original? They are very clean looking!   My first boat was a 76 Ski Tique. It was red trimmed and had the "larger" graphic, like the liturate shows.   
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-17-2009 at 12:05am
Yup, Steve, that's it. Been toying with the idea of building one for years, just dont have the time or money. But I figure if I accumulate parts, some day I'll be ready to go with it. Been staring at the Glen-L plans for years but that really isnt what I want. Then I found a source of "real" c-box plans out west. Not looking for a racing calibre project (dont have the $ for a motor thats going to turn 8-10,000 like the real ones...since I am only on the lookout for a $300 motor off Craigslist for it.....Someday

Graphics are not original. I didnt think they were since the boat has been repainted, but one CCFan told me he thought some nautiques and ski tiques came from the factory with that style graphic. I asked Dave and he checked with Mr. Ralph who said nope, not original. Whoever repainted the boat did a very good job with the stripes and graphics, so although not original are nice, and unique without being goofy.
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-17-2009 at 1:20am
Larry,
Sounds like what I want to do... Build the "race-look" cracker, but have a gear box, etc, so you can actually have it "user friendly".   I know of one in a barn,(original flathead) that was built in the 50's and hasnt been in the water for over 20 years. The old guy will never use it, but doesnt want to sell it either.    

Ive got a 283, ready to be put together. Also have a tripower marine intake, aluminum "Cal-Custom" exhaust manifolds, etc ......ahhhh, like you say...someday.

Your Ski-Tique graphics remind me of the Mustang"s of that vintage... very subtle , but nice.

64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
Jtandy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jtandy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-05-2009 at 6:56am
Do you have anything left from this. thx jon
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-05-2009 at 12:52pm
Jon,
I still have the hull around. Some parts have been sold and are gone, but quite a bit left yet. What are looking for?
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
junior View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-09-2009 at 3:32am
DO you still have the driveshaft? How long is it?
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-17-2009 at 11:32pm
junior,

sorry for the delay..hadnt seen your post til now. I'm not sure I want to get rid of the prop shaft.
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
JShank View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JShank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-20-2009 at 12:52pm
Looking for engine controller.
Also I need a oil pan with the raw water water pump mounts on it.

Thanks,

Jason
jshankleton@gmail.com
Southwind 20
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
  Share Topic