NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Mustang bucket

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
Author
sanity View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sanity Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-28-2009 at 11:46am
uh-oh...pete saw that.
WakeSlayer View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WakeSlayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-30-2009 at 1:01pm
I am not that positive of the origin of my seats, but they are the aluminum ones. Boat is a 68 Mustang, and her birthday is 21Nov67.

M
Mike N

1968 Mustang

Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-30-2009 at 10:44pm
Michelle do you have the back seat? If you need pictures,mine are out of the boat right now.

69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-31-2009 at 2:27pm
Originally posted by WakeSlayer WakeSlayer wrote:

I am not that positive of the origin of my seats, but they are the aluminum ones. Boat is a 68 Mustang, and her birthday is 21Nov67.

M

Mike, it looks like your seats have the aluminum bases that also support the back cushion?

If so, then theyre the later (mid 70's and later) buckets. My guess is that your original wood based seats were replaced at some point by a previous owner.

My '78 Tique seats:

sanity View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sanity Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-02-2009 at 2:28pm
Originally posted by Gary S Gary S wrote:

Michelle do you have the back seat? If you need pictures,mine are out of the boat right now.

Gary, I do have the back seat. I do not have the front seats. A picture would be great of where the seat "was". Is there a wood support that goes all the way across?

Chelle'
WakeSlayer View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WakeSlayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-02-2009 at 7:16pm
Tim,

Interesting. I will post a pic when I get back. I think the frames are similar or the same as yours...

Mike
Mike N

1968 Mustang

Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-04-2009 at 12:38am
Michelle,here's a pic of the seat area,if you need others let me know.Some that I've seen have a fiberglass base,but this one is all wood.
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
sanity View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sanity Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-04-2009 at 12:51pm
Hi Gary,

Thanks for the picture. My back seat is fiberglass. I don't know if it sits right on the floor or if there was a wood brace that went across the back.

Chelle'
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-04-2009 at 1:00pm
I have the fiberglass seat and it sits on this board. I ran my floor back to it like original. In hindsite, I wish I ran the floor all the way back to the gas tank mounts and cut a new, thinner board to fit that would support the seat.

h20loo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote h20loo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-04-2009 at 1:00pm
Michelle- I also have the fibreglas seat and it doesn't have any indications of being attached anywhere but across the top of the seat back with a few domes. There are no marks or signs of any floor support or attachment. Did you receive the gel yet?
70 Mustang project
sanity View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sanity Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-04-2009 at 1:15pm
Thanks Bruce and Doug,
It seems like it should have some sort of support. Maybe I'll use your thinner board idea.
No, I did not get the gel coat yet. I'm heading for the Key West for a bit and am going to hold off till I get back. I don't want to be half way done and leave the gel sit in a cold garage. March 8th I'll be back with a new sunny attitude. There are seats and other things keeping me busy.
Chelle'
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
  Share Topic