NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Stringer Replacement Help - NC

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
akabulla View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote akabulla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Stringer Replacement Help - NC
    Posted: January-05-2009 at 2:33am
I was looking at a 89 2001 in NH that I decided to pass on. There were a few issues that I didn't want to deal with

But everything happens for a reason right! I found an 83 with the outboard stringers already removed. The guy started it and doesn't have the time to finish it. It is a good deal and he has a newer engine, tower, new engine box, driver seat and carpet already to go. The only thing missing is a windshield and the floor !

I am a pretty handy person so I think I can finish the stringer replacement myself but I was wondering if there was anyone in NC near Raleigh that might be able to help me a little? This would be my first 2001 so it would really help to have someone that has had experience with replacing the floor and stringers in these boats.

Thanks!

aka
nautiless View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nautiless Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-05-2009 at 12:35pm
Hi Aka:

There are tons of threads on this site for the topic. I'm bang in the middle of a stringer replacement of my own and quite a way down the track. Skibum's thread is detailed and helpful amongst many other contributions.

Skibum's Thread
1982 SN 2001 RIP (Resto in Progress)

Don's Diary

critter View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote critter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-05-2009 at 1:00pm
Morning Aka,
I live in New Hill which is between Sanford and Apex just off US1.
I have almost finished my Stringer replacement in my 66 Barracuda and would be happy to offer any help I can.
My email is rreavis@cisco.com and my cell number is 919-271-1230. Call me and we can see when we can get together.
1980 Ski Nautique
1966 Barracuda
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic