NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

68 Ski Nautique

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
WakeSlayer View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WakeSlayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 68 Ski Nautique
    Posted: November-17-2008 at 1:29am
I spent my Saturday working on the Ponyboat, and spent all day today retrieving this boat from central MN. Someone posted this in the cragislist link a couple weeks ago. I went and looked at it a week ago. The owner called me this week and accepted my offer on the boat. It has not really been run in 9-10 years. The guy who had it at his house thought it had been run three years ago. I am not so sure. It has been sitting outside for a long time with a blue tarp on it. Treated plywood floors, lots of gel cracking, dings and scrathes, interior is history, etc. The windshield is in great shape and there are some good parts. Prop and rudder are straight. Has an original CC trailer too, though in rough shape. I may have been able to tow it home on it's own, but elected to trailer the trailer.
I will start messing with it next summer after the Mustang is done and on the lift. See if I can get it running and floating.

Mike N

1968 Mustang

Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-17-2008 at 2:18am
Great find. Looks original and all there. I don't know that I've ever seen a SN with the split windshield.
boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-17-2008 at 11:32am
Mike tried t call last nite. Glad the trip went well, I assume no problems with the retreive.
We all need more toys to play with, but mostly to save any CC's that arew rotting away.
One last question tho, what is that White Stuff on the ground, and on the blue tarp over the pontoon boat?????????????????
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WakeSlayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-17-2008 at 12:19pm
Yeah, that white crap is no fun. Made for a couple interesting miles once it was loaded. Really tail heavy, and the roads weren't salted or sanded yet.
Riley, seems like it is, but you are right, I have not seen one either. I would like to swap it to the Mustang, but do not know that that is right. Both measurement-wise, and correctness.
I am taking the bowlight swapping them, and definitely keeping the flagpole and side scripts.
Mike N

1968 Mustang

TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-17-2008 at 12:32pm
Very cool that you got that, Mike- I kept going back and looking at the ad trying to figure out if I could make it work... with as much as I have on my plate, its better that you ended up with it! A 1st gen SN is on my wish list, though... I may have to sneak down to Reid's and steal one out of his warehouse when the time comes.

Id bet that the split windshield is original. They seemed to use them interchangeably with the single pane on all the boats of that era. Definitely keep it on the SN- but Id be on the lookout for an original one for the Mustang as well. Probably not a cheap item to get directly from Taylor Made, but Ive seen them pop up on ebay from time to time.

Reid's '67 with the split windshield:

Oh, and if you ever pick up another project boat with the trailer-on-trailer method, shoot me a message. Ive done that a few times and have improved my technique!
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WakeSlayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-17-2008 at 1:31pm
Thanks for the pic of Ried's. I have a different bow light, that matches the one on the Mustang. I thought the pylon was goofy, but from what I can tell it is same as in the above. it has the original speedo, but has another added. It has a decal on the dash listing "Metric Slalom Course Times"
Mike N

1968 Mustang

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic