NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Tampa in Nov

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Mark Mel View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Mel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tampa in Nov
    Posted: October-20-2008 at 2:09pm
Going to be in Tampa for work a week in Nov. Trying to decide what to do.

I might have a day to go to a Ski or Footing school.

What should I do, Scarpa, Bowers, McCormick's?

Decisions, decisions.

Has anyone been to any of these places?
1978 Nautique

FBook - www.facebook.com/charliedontsurfct
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-20-2008 at 2:50pm
Had a great time with Ron.
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-21-2008 at 2:10am
Scarpa...Winter Haven...Lake Howard....Backfoot100 & me will ski with ya too if you want...dinner and a few adult cold beverages. Got dates?

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
eric lavine View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-21-2008 at 10:11am
I wouldnt pass up that invitation
"the things you own will start to own you"
Mark Mel View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Mel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-21-2008 at 1:03pm
jbear that sounds awesome and it would be great to take you up on that invitation. I'd skip the Scarpa thing and ski with you guys.

Right now the dates are 11/3 - 11/7. I could probably come in early on 11/2 to ski or, I could probably leave late on 11/7. Leave work around 11:00 to catch my "flight" and ski in the afternoon.

I don't know how these times would work for you. Let me know I'm going to book my flights soon.
1978 Nautique

backfoot100 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote backfoot100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-21-2008 at 1:59pm
Mark,
I would love to be able to get together with you and ski some. I would have to do it on the weekend before for sure. I'm leaving for San Francisco on the 6th for a long weekend. If you want to ski that following weekend before you leave, John would have to be able to make arrangements. We're about an hour with good traffic from Tampa airport so you have an idea about your time tables.
When people run down to the lake to see what's making that noise, you've succeeded.

Eddie
Mark Mel View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Mel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-21-2008 at 2:32pm
Would the afternoon of Sun 11/2 work?
1978 Nautique

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote backfoot100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-21-2008 at 7:48pm
Originally posted by Mark Mel Mark Mel wrote:

Would the afternoon of Sun 11/2 work?

HHHMMMMM.....Let's see......My Packers have a bye week this week and play the Titans on the 2nd at 1PM. HHHHMMMMM.....Damn it, sometimes it sucks to have this weather year round. I guess I can suck it up and go skiing.

Not sure if John will be able to make it on Sunday as he spends that with Patti. He may make arrangements though. You'll also have to keep in mind that Daylight Saving Time goes away on that Sunday morning so we'll only be able to ski 'til about 5:30 or 5:45. What time you figure you'll be able to get in? Keep in mind the hour travel time from Tampa which I'm assuming you fly into. I'm sure that we could probably arrange for a nice dinner and few adult beverages too if you're so inclined. If you want, you'd be more than welcome to spend the night at our place and drive to Tampa in the AM. I work there myself so you could just follow along and I can get you started as to where you need to go. Give me a buzz at 407-733-3599 to discuss or email me at backfoot100@hotmail.com.
When people run down to the lake to see what's making that noise, you've succeeded.

Eddie
Mark Mel View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Mel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-22-2008 at 1:19pm
Sent you an email.

It would be great to meet the infamous jbear too.
1978 Nautique

75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-22-2008 at 2:10pm
Sort of thread jack--(sorry). Eddie, John sent me the two videos of you two guys from last weekend. They're great. I told him (and now you) not to be shy and post them for all to enjoy.

Mark. Should be a good time, I even checked airfares for that weekend to see if I could swing joining you guys, but its not going to happen this time. Hopefully another time.

Larry
Mark Mel View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Mel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-22-2008 at 4:56pm
Ah, that would've been cool if you could make it Larry.
1978 Nautique

jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-23-2008 at 12:03am
Hey guys..sorry I missed all this last night. But...
I will make the 2nd work. Usually Sunday is Patti's day after Church, as Eddie said but with the chance to meet another C/CFANer I think Patti will let me off for a day. Plus it works right for Eddie. I know Eddie will HATE to miss his Packers but I think he won't mind skiing. Sounds as tho our guest room will be filled at that time so you might have to take Eddie up on his offer Mark as far as sleeping arrangments.

Larry: Just talked to you for almost an hour and you never mentioned this possibility...would be super cool if you could've made it. But our place is always open to you. Some other time (soon) I am sure.

john

cell 863-604-3237
home 863-679-6730
"Loud pipes save lives"

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote backfoot100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-23-2008 at 11:38am
Did get your email Mark and responded back to you. Hope you plan on staying Sun. night.

Larry, I just got some new editing software so I'm still trying to figure out a lot of how it works. I planned on posting some vids but I need a little more time to play with it and see what it can do. The vids I sent John were just a fast "throw something together to see what it looks like via email" thing. Too bad you can't join us for the Sun. that Mark is down. That would be really cool to meet you too. Maybe you could plan on a trip down in the future. We'll help you out with your back deeps in no time.

John, good to hear that Patti will let you come out and play on Sun. We'll have to go out to dinner and a movie to make it up to her. I'm sure that Jo won't mind either.

Eddie
Mark Mel View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Mel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-23-2008 at 3:42pm
jbear and backfoot - should be a great time.
1978 Nautique

jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-23-2008 at 9:50pm
Funny how things work out....my boss told me today that our crew has to go to Fort Myers Saturday Nov. 1st for a conference. So that would make me miss that weekends skiing except for the fact that now we have a good reason to go Sunday. Cool. Will be fun.

See you Saturday as usual Eddie. Will try to be on time. Afternoon will be spent at a craft doings with Patti.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

Mark Mel View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Mel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-24-2008 at 5:13pm
Excellent, should be fun.
1978 Nautique

Mark Mel View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Mel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-04-2008 at 7:55pm
Well, I met and footed with Eddie (Backfoot100) and John (jbear). A couple of great guys. We didn't have the best weather and I probably saw 6 lakes or so looking for good water which we were fortunate to find.

Eddie and John make barefooting look easy. I hope that I can be that smooth someday.

Eddie is also a great teacher. He caught the main reason I am wiping out. My right foot is much too flat causing me to catch a toe and...

I am certain that I would've spent a long time and much pain trying to figure out what I was doing wrong by myself.

Afterward I was treated to a great dinner and company with Eddie, John and their wives.

Thanks for the great time and if you're ever in CT let me know.

Mark
1978 Nautique

jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-05-2008 at 3:52am
Well we sure did not show Mark a good weather day..rained off and on...but we all had fun. As I have always said...don't miss out if you have the chance to meet another C/CFANer. Never been disappointed yet. Mark footed great under less than the usual ideal Florida conditions and only asked about gators once. Had a great time and a great dinner back at Eddie's and JoAnn's house. As always...fun to sit around with a new friend with the same interests from a different part of the country. Hope you had a good trip during your time in Tampa Mark and we hope you return home safetly.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-05-2008 at 12:56pm
Gotta love that southern (transplant) hospitality. We've already booked in January!
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote backfoot100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-05-2008 at 2:46pm
Originally posted by jbear jbear wrote:

Well we sure did not show Mark a good weather day..rained off and on...but we all had fun. As I have always said...don't miss out if you have the chance to meet another C/CFANer. Never been disappointed yet. Mark footed great under less than the usual ideal Florida conditions and only asked about gators once. Had a great time and a great dinner back at Eddie's and JoAnn's house. As always...fun to sit around with a new friend with the same interests from a different part of the country. Hope you had a good trip during your time in Tampa Mark and we hope you return home safetly.

john

What John said!!!!

Meeting another CCFan member is always a blast. Stay safe Mark.

Eddie
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-06-2008 at 1:54am
Originally posted by Hollywood Hollywood wrote:

We've already booked in January!

Already Mrs. jbear can't wait.

Have a great safe time out west Eddie. Hope to be able to call you quick in the morning to wish you off but it is always crazy in the store first thing in the AM. Talked to BKH on Tuesday and he is lookin' forward to your visit. Our love to JoAnn.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic