Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
zman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New Member
    Posted: October-10-2008 at 3:32pm
Hey Everyone...Thought I'd finally stop lurking and join. What a great forum! I've been with Correct Craft most my life. My Grampa bought a 65 Sportsman 17 when I was 3, and that pretty much locked me up. I still have the boat (in need of much repair) plus a couple others. A friend of mine (member here) have been kicking around the idea of restoring "Grampa". If we do....I'm sure I'll be doing a lot of research here, coupled with a couple questions I'm sure!
99 SuperAir 502
94 Ski Nautique
65 Sportsman 17
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-10-2008 at 3:41pm
zman, welcome! Which notorious member here are you friends with?

Im sure Im not alone in wanting to see some pics of the Sportsman- post some if you can. Im guessing that boat is closely related to the Classic/Barracuda, but theres not a lot of info out there. They're pretty rare! By chance, is this the same boat listed in the diaries?
zman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-10-2008 at 4:14pm
Unfortunatley no it's not. That boat looks amazing!!! Mine is a bit rough these days. Firstly, the boat floated until 88 so the old wood took a beating. My Grampa died in Jan of '89...at that time my Gramma sold the Cottage (Angola, In) and I picked up the boat and brought it to Minnesota. In 93 I gave it to my brother after I bought a '89 2001. He took it out to California, brought it up to Big Bear...Hit a rockpile and left it at a friends up there. For the winter. Yup....cracked the block with that move. Didn't even know it until we did a family get together on the old lake. Launched it, fired it....AAAACK!!!. Still pissed! Anyway, had the block "stitched" which worked for a while. It would still "make" oil, but wouldn't hydrolock so we I ran it. I had it on my lake here for about 3 years before it started to leak oil...at that point I had to pull it out. Still can't believe it ran so well with all the water in the oil. The boat was pretty magical. Here's a shot of it. My brother's son is driving it (left hand drive)....at the time of this photo the block had been cracked for about 9 years. Magic I say....Magic!

99 SuperAir 502
94 Ski Nautique
65 Sportsman 17
WakeSlayer View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WakeSlayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-10-2008 at 6:36pm
welcome aboard dude. Finally !

Yeah let's get my little stuff done on the Ponyboat and restore Grampa to his(her?) original Glory. These guys here will pull us through the rough stuff.
Mike N

1968 Mustang

Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-10-2008 at 7:00pm
Welcome and beautiful boat. There's no better looking hull than that one from behind!
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-11-2008 at 1:28am
Awesome lookin' boat and as usual....awesome story!

Get goin'......Gramps is looking down watching and waiting.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-11-2008 at 12:42pm
Gee, who would have guessed a guy with a 502 in Minnesota was the Slayers Bud??

Welcome man, now we just need to get you and Slayer down to Green Lake next summer!
The Lake View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Lake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-11-2008 at 1:28pm
Hey zman! Welcome, thanks for that story. My dad had an IMP with a cracked block that he used JB Weld on and it ran for years, no problems.

I love seeing kids and boats together!

Chuck
Walk on Water
www.coldwater.me

69 Ski Nautique
TRIP View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRIP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-11-2008 at 1:41pm
And what about the '89, still have it?
zman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-11-2008 at 5:11pm
Nope, I sold my '89 in Sept of '97... and down the road it went to Illinois. I picked up my '98 Air Nautique two days after the sale of the '89...great timing! I loved that '89 though!!! Bought it in '93 with 132 hrs, and sold it 4 years later with 1162. We called it the Wake Nautique. Unreal boarding and ski boat...I still miss it!

99 SuperAir 502
94 Ski Nautique
65 Sportsman 17
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-11-2008 at 6:15pm
z...is that lite gray with the yellow and black or is it just the evening lighting? Either way..a very nice looking ride.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
zman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-11-2008 at 7:25pm
Yup, it's a grey hull, with black main and minor yellow. I loved the way the boat looked. It actually came up for sale a couple years ago...Slayer found it online asking if it was my old boat. I was pretty tempted, but that was shortly after I picked up the '94. Timing wasn't perfect that time...
99 SuperAir 502
94 Ski Nautique
65 Sportsman 17
TRIP View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRIP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-11-2008 at 10:06pm
Beautiful boat! Outstanding colorscheme.
WakeSlayer View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WakeSlayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-12-2008 at 10:55am
The Lake

What do you mean by IMP? A snow cat?

Quinner, going to GL in 09, for certain. Timing did not work out this year.

Mike
Mike N

1968 Mustang

skierox View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skierox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-14-2008 at 1:15pm
Zman, Brant still owns your 89! I believe it has about 1,800 hours now. A few years ago he was looking at getting a 206, but decided to keep the 89! Like he says, it does what I need it to do! Minnesota must be a python capital! I am listed as a newbie here but own some serious boats. I still have my 99' Ski Nautique with the 502, an 05' 206 and my 89' Yellow Ski Nautique with just 650 hours. My brother has a 95' Sport and my dad has a 83' Ski Nautique that was used to pull our ski team. The 83' will pull 14 skiers off the dock for a three high pyramid. It pulled 10 out of the water this year around Labor Day. His boat has includes a "C" hook and three show pins, custom vernay muffler system and speedo decloggers. Currently the seats and caoming pads have been pulled for a total restoration at C and E auto/boat in Savage Minnesota. My dad's first Nautique was a 68' that pulled many three event tournaments. It had a 318 chrystler engine. Hope to post pictures of the fleet soon! Ox
zman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-14-2008 at 1:49pm
Hey Ox...Great to hear from you! Glad to hear Brant still has the boat. How 'bout a recent photo of the old girl... It'll give me something to dream about.   I still love that boat! Seems like Brant does too...awesome!
99 SuperAir 502
94 Ski Nautique
65 Sportsman 17
skierox View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skierox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-14-2008 at 8:50pm
Zman, not a problem. I can still make a copy of the tape we made the day Brant purchased your boat. He keeps it on a lift at his place on the Rock River. I would be more than happy to get you a recent picture of the 89'and or give you Brant's email. Send me information on where to send a copy of the video. My email is skierox@hotmail.com
kapla View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kapla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-15-2008 at 1:35am
Nice oldy boat none of those down here!!! welcome to the forum!!! have it retored and bring it to the old glory
<a href="">1992 ski nautique
kapla View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kapla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-15-2008 at 1:47am
thaTS NOT MY BOAT IN THE AVATAR!!!! SORRY
kapla View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kapla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-15-2008 at 1:51am
NOW SOLVED!!!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic