NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Anyone around Tampa?

Post Reply Post Reply Page   12>
Author
TRIP View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRIP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Anyone around Tampa?
    Posted: September-24-2008 at 7:14pm
I'm (again) looking at a 2001, this time close to Tampa. Since I live in Costa Rica, it's sort of complicated to take a look at it myself...
So, is there anyone from that area willing and able to check it out for me? Ofcourse I'll compensate for time/gas and whatever other expenses made.

Thanks!
skibum1110 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skibum1110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-25-2008 at 2:21am
Im in lakeland, about 30 miles from tampa. How can i help.....chris
1992 Ski Nautique
1975 Ski Nautique
2000 Ski Nautique
2006 Ski Nautique 206 Limited
2005 Air Nautique 206 Team
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-25-2008 at 2:23am
Chris...you beat me to it...was just gonna offer from here in Lake Wales. We'll see what he says...2 heads are better than one...maybe I'll meet ya there and we can give him 2 opinions.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-25-2008 at 1:01pm
hasbeenskier?
TRIP View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRIP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-25-2008 at 1:37pm
Wow, this is fantastic! Thanks already guys!
I'm gonna try to send both an email, but so far the emailsystem hasn't worked for me. If you don't receive anything, can you please email me at sander(at)flyzone-cr.com?

To be a bit more specific: the boat is located in Odessa.

Gonna send the messages now!

Edit: skibum, your e-address is not specified, so I couldn't send you a message. One to jbear has been sent.
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-26-2008 at 1:26am
Trip: I am not getting e-mail from the site right now. I will send you one so you have my addy.

Good thought HW...but I ain't heard from hasbeen in a while. Sent him a e-mail a while ago and got no return.

If you are on here too skibum..lets try and get together on this.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

hasbeenskier View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hasbeenskier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-26-2008 at 12:43pm
Hey guys, Im out here... sorry, I have not been able to look in much lately. I am certainly close enough to go look at a boat if the info is provided... I'll take my check book with me! JUST KIDDING...J bear... sorry brother, I have no recollection of an e-mail from you because I would have definately responded. By the way I am planning to be at Jim McCormicks this week end for a record capability tournament. Ya'll keep me posted and we will go look at the 2001
bj
hasbeenskier
TRIP View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRIP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-26-2008 at 2:47pm
Hasbeenskier, thanks amigo!
Just tried to send you a message as well, though it'll probably never arrive. Can you please send me a message, and/or contact jbear?

It's so cool that you guys want to help me out. Hope it's a good boat and that we can grab it before it's gone. If we do, I'll see the three of you in Costa Rica to do some skiing here!
critter View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote critter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-26-2008 at 2:57pm
Trip, I think that they are agreeing to look at it.... Not deliver it.. .. Now that would be a fuel bill.
1980 Ski Nautique
1966 Barracuda
TRIP View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRIP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-26-2008 at 11:00pm
They won't? Porque no!?

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hasbeenskier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-26-2008 at 11:35pm
Here is the story. I have talked to the boat owner and have scheduled a visit/inspection this Sunday after Church. I spoke with owner regarding specifics of boat... floor/stringers engine etc. I shall report back. I have a question of curiosity though.... How are going to ship it... U.P.S.?
bj
hasbeenskier
TRIP View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRIP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-27-2008 at 3:24am
Hi hasbeenskier,

thank you so much!!! I wonder how it'll all turn out.

(If I'll get it) It will ship from Port Canaveral. Next vessel will sail around oct 7th, it sails every 2 weeks.

I'm curious as well: did you receive my mail through this site or did you talk to jbear?

Getting exited..!
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-27-2008 at 3:27am
Good luck trip...you sure are in good hands with BJ checking out this boat for you. I did talk to BJ tonite by phone...was good to catch up with him..great guy.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

TRIP View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRIP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-28-2008 at 4:10am
Thanks jbear! Almost sunday... Pretty exited already. Hope it's not for nothing!

Hasbeenskier, can you please take some pics tomorrow? If the boat is any good, one thing in particular is the upholstery that'll need to be done, so I (and probably Nautiqueskins or so) will need to know what type of skin it is.
Looking forward to hearing the verdict!
Thanks, good luck and have fun tomorrow!
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hasbeenskier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-28-2008 at 9:24pm
Update: I called the owner this morning about 10:30 A.M. He said some work related issues had come up and he did not know what time he would be free to show me the boat, he speculated 6 P.M. I knew that would be too late in the day for me but I gave him my cell number and requested he call me when he could. I was hopeful we could skin this cat earlier than that but it did not happen. The boat is about one hours drive away for me. So when he called me it was shortly after 5 P.M. he was on his way home. I told him I would try and hook up with him Tuesday or Wednesday of next week.
Sorry it did not happen today but when I do catch up with the owner I will take photos and give the boat a good looking over. Hope you can be patient...bj
hasbeenskier
TRIP View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRIP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-29-2008 at 1:16pm
Too bad, but what can you do about it. Keeps life exciting for another couple days!

Thanks and let's see how lucky we are tomorrow/wednesday.
TRIP View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRIP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-02-2008 at 11:46pm
Nothing new yet I guess?
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hasbeenskier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-03-2008 at 1:35pm
TRIPSTER.....Both the boat owner and I have our own businesses. I just got off the phone with him and we have not been able to coordinate our schedules. I will keep trying.
The good news is he still has the boat. I am supposed to go out of town this week end. So unless somthing changes it will be next week..... bj
hasbeenskier
TRIP View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRIP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-03-2008 at 4:08pm
Thanks for the update. And I do appreciate your efforts a lot, don't get me wrong!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skibum1110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-03-2008 at 4:36pm
hey TRIP sorry I didn't get in contact with you earlier on this, but like jbear i wasn't recieving my mail from the site as well. Has anyone looked tat the boat for you yet? .....chris
1992 Ski Nautique
1975 Ski Nautique
2000 Ski Nautique
TRIP View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRIP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-03-2008 at 7:39pm
Hey Skibum, thanks for your message.
Nope, noone has seen it yet. If you have time and would be willing to check it out please send me an email. And/or maybe contact hasbeenskier, as he might know something about availability of the seller and probably has some more info about the condition of the boat.
TRIP View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRIP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-08-2008 at 9:47pm
Hi guys,

hate to be a nagging pain in the b*tt, but am wondering if either of you think he'll have some time to check it in the next few days or so. Would love to know whether I'd better move on and find another one or grab this one asap and make it the 3rd Nautique in Costa Rica.

Thanks!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skibum1110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-09-2008 at 12:58am
TRIP, sorry I keep missing ya, but im going to call the fella in Odessa tomorrow (thur) to try and set up a meeting for friday or saturday. email me @ skibum1110@aol.com to go over what you want to see and know.......Chris
1992 Ski Nautique
1975 Ski Nautique
2000 Ski Nautique
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hasbeenskier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-10-2008 at 9:39pm
Skibum1110 set up an appointment and met with the owner of the boat your are interested in. I met him there to offer moral support. He took alot of pictures and I am not gonna steal his thunder.I am sure he will fill you in with all the details. At this point, I will just say to you.... keep looking.
sorry it took so long.
bj
hasbeenskier
TRIP View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRIP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-10-2008 at 9:44pm
OK, I'll wait for the details, though I think I know what I should know.

Thanks incredibly much guys! You'll be my guest whenever you're in Costa Rica.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skibum1110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-10-2008 at 10:09pm
Hasbeenskier you wont steel my thunder. Trip, like BJ says KEEP LOOKING the boat was a "hot mess". The interior was destroyed, the motor he couldn't get started(bad coil).The hull was blistered all over. There was alot of chips in the gelcoat that were down to bare fiberglass. I'm going to send you a bunch of pics in a couple of different folders. Hasbeen if there's anything I missed fill us in. It was great to meet you as well...........Chris
1992 Ski Nautique
1975 Ski Nautique
2000 Ski Nautique
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hasbeenskier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-10-2008 at 10:46pm
You covered it. I do not want to come across as unkind with regard to speaking of any man's Nautique. The ony thing I have to add is NOBODY should tick off Skibum1110 because the guy looks like a pro wrestler with a hand shake like a bench vise.
bj
hasbeenskier

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skibum1110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-10-2008 at 10:51pm
COME ON
1992 Ski Nautique
1975 Ski Nautique
2000 Ski Nautique
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-11-2008 at 1:23am

Hasbeen; Sounds like we got it covered here in Florida...Eddie and skibum.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

adamt View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adamt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-11-2008 at 2:14am

TRIP, is THIS the boat they looked at?
-Adam

1973 Skier
 Post Reply Post Reply Page   12>
  Share Topic