NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Max RPM and Speed

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
OverMyHead View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Max RPM and Speed
    Posted: September-07-2008 at 9:35pm
What should I be getting for maxs RPM and Speed from my unmodified 87 2001 with 351 pcm?
Currenly getting about 40mph and 4000rpm, It is enough but I am curious. I know you want to know what prop, I'll look soon. Do I have to pull it to find Numbers?
For thousands of years men have felt the irresistible urge to go to sea, and many of them died. Things got better after they invented boats.
1987 Ski Nautique

JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-07-2008 at 10:38pm
Thats a little weak could be overpropped, tired, or simply in need of a tune up 45 at 4500 should be in line for a stock boat plus or minus
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-08-2008 at 12:05am
It has about 900 hours, seems to run strong without faltering I will check the prop.
For thousands of years men have felt the irresistible urge to go to sea, and many of them died. Things got better after they invented boats.
1987 Ski Nautique

phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-09-2008 at 12:39am
My boat is slightly over propped. It has a 13x13 4 blade oj super cup legend. Its an all stock rebuilt 351 with about 230 hours. Its 30 over with stock compression. It does 4100 rpm's at 44 to 45 on the speedo. (its calibrated with GPS at 34 and 36mph so it should be deecently close on the mph.

Also it should have numbers inbetween the blades if not just take the castle nut off and the numbers should be there.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-09-2008 at 2:06am
Cool thanks to both of you.
1987 Ski Nautique

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-09-2008 at 2:10am
Hey JoeinNY, watched your holoe shot video, WOW Wish you were my neighbor, I could use a motor mentor.
1987 Ski Nautique

JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-09-2008 at 3:21am
Originally posted by OverMyHead OverMyHead wrote:

Hey JoeinNY, watched your holoe shot video, WOW Wish you were my neighbor, I could use a motor mentor.

Not a neighbor but I typically make it to the Minneapolis area 5-6 times a year. Thanks for the comment, I am going to need some encouragement to get back to work on that Mustang one of these days..
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-10-2008 at 9:29pm
OK here is the prop info Simmon ni-brahl 13x13 super cup. Does that sound right?
1987 Ski Nautique

emccallum View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emccallum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-11-2008 at 7:45pm
I believe that is the right/stock size, but I am not familiar with that brand (super cup?). You may want to borrow or try out a new/different prop. SKIDIM, although a bit pricier than say Delta prop, will allow you to test a prop. Try a search on props there is plenty of info for your model on props. Acme 540 is what I run.
Luchog View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luchog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-11-2008 at 10:40pm
super cup is labeled in my Michigan prop, mine is 13x12 though.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-11-2008 at 11:10pm
I am thinking I may get this one tweaked for a little more power and then invest in the ACME later.
1987 Ski Nautique

Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-12-2008 at 1:16am
I've got Federal 13x12 and x13s if anyone needs a test run. Too late for that Martinique.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-12-2008 at 2:25am
Very generous offer,I think at this point I will wait till spring but I would appreciate trying before I invest $400. Will the offer still stand? and how would it work to get the prop to minnesota?
1987 Ski Nautique

Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-12-2008 at 11:40am
I'll UPS it to you, it would really only cost a couple bucks. Make a donation to the site. Supposing our ACME 540 stays in tact the offer(s) will still stand.

We've got 1100 hours on an 88 stock 351 and she turns ~4300 on a good day with any of the three props.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-12-2008 at 8:45pm
Thanks Tim, This is just the coolest site with the best people.
1987 Ski Nautique

phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-13-2008 at 6:28pm
I think the super cup is how the prop is cupped. My boat works a little to hard swingin that 4 blade it doesnt have as good of a hole shot as Id like it to.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-13-2008 at 6:41pm
What is your boat and why are there no pictures? From my reading I think I will stick with a three blade but a more modern model would sure be nice.
1987 Ski Nautique

phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-14-2008 at 3:29pm
86 2001 stock rebuilt 351 with 230 hours.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-14-2008 at 3:47pm
Nice
1987 Ski Nautique

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic