NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Great Friends

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
The Lake View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Lake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Great Friends
    Posted: July-03-2008 at 2:16pm
To have one or two friends is a blessing; to find more than that is abundance.

My 69 Nautique which I've had for now the fourth summer has always run beautifully. I replaced a coil at the end of last year which I thought had corrected a sudden dieing problem. This summer the problem has just grown exponentially. Starter gave up (it only lasted 40 years), fuel pump, electronic ignition issues, carb issues, and the water pump (hey I got that one fixed!)

Anyway, I've been tearing into all that stuff, with a bunch of great help from friends on this site. I'll not mention names, but they are guys that have become very important in my life.

The main reason I bought an old boat was because old boats have stories and lives, and they remind me of great times in my past growing up on the water with family and freinds.

The second reason I bought an old boat is because I had been wanting to learn about engines and mechanics. That is now happening!

The engine is still not running right; it stumbles and falls flat when trying to accelerate. I'm told probably the carb, which I've torn into once (I got all the parts back in the right spot--I think). But the distributor is 40 years old too, so maybe there's something there, or with the electronic module, or maybe the old fuel pump I found isn't working properly.

But, the thing is, the guys here have been great to encourage and offer wonderful advice. And, I'm learning. So thanks to this site! I am so looking forward to Green Lake and meeting people.

If nothing else, I'll be able to get out on the water and idle.

Chuck

P.S. I haven't had much time to post, my free time has been spent under the dog house. I pray over people who are sick, I'm trying figure out if God would think it stupid of me to pray for this engine.
Walk on Water
www.coldwater.me

69 Ski Nautique
BuffaloBFN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-03-2008 at 3:19pm
Nice post! I'm sure He understands us, but be careful as I've found that He has a sense of humor!

If praying for an engine is stupid, then I'm already there...maybe others here as well?!!?   LOL
1988 BFN-sold

"It's a Livin' Thing...What a Terrible Thing to Lose" ELO
RainDog View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RainDog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-03-2008 at 4:51pm
Don't damn the engine. That does not work. I know, I've done it too many times, only to bust a knuckle shortly thereafter.

I've also prayed for the engine as well. Works much better.

And when it runs perfectly, brining you more joy that an inanimate object should, don't pray TO the engine. False idols after all...

When you have the experience helping engines that you do helping people, I'm sure you'll see the same results.
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-03-2008 at 10:23pm
Chuck,
There's been a time or two that the old boats have tested my religion!

I've got an extra carb from my 66 cuda that I'm not using right now,I think will fit? Not sure of the condition, (its been setting)...supposedly re-built a year or two ago. I would be glad to bring with me to GL... we could try it to see how it works if you'd like me to bring it?
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
Kristof View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-04-2008 at 9:08am
Chuck,

Nice post. It just brought a smile to my face at this time I have to miss my boat due to a busted prop...

Thanks,
Kristof
- Gun control means: using BOTH hands!
- Money doesn't make one happy, but when it rains cats and dogs, it's still better to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle...

The Dude View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-06-2008 at 1:52am
Chuck,
Sorry to hear about your oblems, but enjoyed your thoughts. I've prayed for a lot stupider things than my engine!

Have fun at Green Lake, wish I were coming.

Mullet Free since 93
95 Sport
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic