NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

loose rear tow knob, 95 snob

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
emccallum View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emccallum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: loose rear tow knob, 95 snob
    Posted: June-24-2008 at 3:05pm
My rear tow knob on my boat is loose. It has an allen bolt in the top. I have tried to turn the bolt, but it just keeps turning, never tightens. I had the back seat out once before and didnt have good access to the rod because of the fuel tank. So, I gave up as I really never use the knob. can someone explain to me how this thing is attached (does it have an internally threaded rod)? I abviously have to hold something as I tighten the allen bolt, right? Anyone else ever has this same issue? It is different than my 82, which has a lot more access everywhere! Thanks!
ripster92 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ripster92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-24-2008 at 3:10pm
There is a plate and a nylock nut. I believe that you will have to swing the tank out to access it.
1992 SN Black w/ Yellow
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-24-2008 at 4:51pm
Like ripster said- theres just a hole in the fiberglass with a nut and washer on the other end of that allen head bolt. I think I could tighten mine with the gas tank in, but I have the older style (aluminum) tank.
emccallum View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emccallum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-24-2008 at 5:49pm
I have the plastic tank....with current gas prices, and the lack of watermy boat is always just about empty, and on the trailer. so I may give it a go this weekend. Thanks guys!
tnplicky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tnplicky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-27-2008 at 12:23am
I had the same problem.

I don't know how different your '95 SNOB is from my '95 closed bow, but my rear seat back cusion slides up and out. Then the carpeted panel can be removed giving you access to the fuel tank area. I was able to get a wrench on the pylon nut from underneath w/o removing the tank. I then came up with a "poor man's" solution to keep the rear pylon from coming loose again by making a swivel sleave from a piece of plastic plumbing (drain pipe)

ripster92 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ripster92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-27-2008 at 11:40am
Not a bad idea...
1992 SN Black w/ Yellow
emccallum View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emccallum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-27-2008 at 4:59pm
Thanks for the tips! I feel encouraged.

The Dude View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-27-2008 at 5:26pm
tnplicky, I like that idea. Thanks!
Mullet Free since 93
95 Sport
bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-27-2008 at 5:29pm
The Dude! Where you been? Haven't seen you around here in months.

BKH
Livin' the Dream

92NautiqueSNOB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 92NautiqueSNOB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-27-2008 at 5:58pm
I too had trouble with getting to the nylock nut above the tank- but can be done. Next I am going to try tnplicky's idea- I bet that works great! THANKS!
The Dude View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-27-2008 at 9:18pm
Hi BK:
Just haven't been on here. I probably need to go to confession...I've been fishing more than skiing. Nautique hasn't been out as much this year. We're going in the morning though...

I've missed you guys.
Mullet Free since 93
95 Sport
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-28-2008 at 3:35am
Didn't know you guys had confession...

We've missed you here as well.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic