Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Not gonna hijack the binding strap post

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Tate View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Not gonna hijack the binding strap post
    Posted: May-23-2008 at 3:51pm
That post reminded me of this. I've got a Cypress Gardens, d*ck Pope Jr. ski from the early 60s. It's missing the heel part of the boot. My dad and his friends skied on it for years. We just got finished doing an addition at our lakehouse and I want to hang it on the wall. Does anyone know where I can find that piece? Thanks.
Tate
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-23-2008 at 10:31pm
Evening Tate: Is it a black boot or the kinda dirty white? Might have some old CG parts in the garage attic. Just the boot or do you need the metal parts the boot slide up and down in?

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
Tate View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-24-2008 at 11:08pm
Hey Jbear. Thanks for the response. Yes, the whole heelpiece is gone. If I remember correctly, there is a lever on the back side of the heelpiece. The "gear tracks" are still on the ski. The color is kind of a gray but black would look great. It would be great to replace that piece. Let me know. I appreciate ya'.
Tate
skicat View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skicat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-24-2008 at 11:19pm
I have a box of old binding parts in the basement. I have some of the beige color parts as well as some black ones. Were yours the beige or black? Do you have a pic of the piece or is it missing already?
Greg

86 BFN
Tate View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-25-2008 at 6:41pm
Just called my dad. I told him to put his thinking cap on about the color of the bindings on the ski. First words out of his mouth "they're gray". That confirms what I thought but I think a black heelpiece would probobly look fine with the gray toepiece and back strap. Thanks for helping.
Tate
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-28-2008 at 4:40pm
Shoot were still skiing on our d*ck Pope Jr's (although considering touching up the varnish), I did retire a set of d*ck Pope III's (junior skis) about ten years back (heavily used a summer camp for decades no original hardware left), me and the other watersking instructor at the time had them signed by every camper and staff member at our YMCA camp that summer and we each have one. Plan is to reunite them for a 100 year camp reunion in 2023 and see how many people who signed can still get up on them.
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
Tate View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-29-2008 at 11:04am
That's awesome.
Tate
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic