FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Memorial Day Weekend / The Masters

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Keith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Owner / Operator of CorrectCraftFan.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Memorial Day Weekend / The Masters
    Posted: May-21-2008 at 12:57pm
Here in the US, Memorial Day weekend marks the start of the boating season for many of us. I'll be putting in the docks and de-winterizing my boat on Friday with the hope of getting out on the water as much as possible over the long weekend.

Make sure to bring your camera and capture 'opening weekend' of your 2008 season. Then post your pictures here on Tuesday.

Also, be sure to catch the 49th Masters this weekend. You can watch them live at Masterswaterski.com. Watersports Webcasts does a great job of bringing all of us the live action starting Friday and running right through Sunday afternoon. I know a few of you will be attending in person, enjoy and please post your pictures as well.

It's also important to remember the purpose of Memorial Day - to celebrate the freedoms we have and to show gratitude to those who have paid the ultimate sacrifice to give us these freedoms.

Have a happy and safe Memorial Day weekend everyone!

-Keith
Former:
97 Sport Nautique
1994 Ski Nautique
86 Silver Nautique
79 Mustang
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-22-2008 at 2:38am
There'll be some pictures from Central Florida...me and Patti and Eddie and JoAnn are gonna go over to see MM, Blondie and Keith on Monday.
But first, the four of us are gonna see Lynyrd Skynyrd at the Gardens on Saturday...bet we'll catch a ski show too.

What are some of the other plans we can look forward to?

john

PS: Thanks Keith..just noticed!
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
M3Fan View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M3Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-22-2008 at 7:21pm
We'll be rooting for April Coble Eller. Go April!
2000 SN GT40 w/99 Graphics/Gel
2016 SN 200 OB 5.3L DI
https://forum.fifteenoff.com

TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-27-2008 at 8:00pm
I had a productive Mem Day weekend. The Tique has progressed and got a new floor over the new stringers. The trailer got new hubs and a better axle/springs. The '72 Skier trailer got all new running gear as well. The Tique is almost ready for a shakedown cruise- it gets carpet, control cables, gas tank and fuel lines this weekend.

We swapped trailers around as the Tique trailer awaits paint (the boat floats!). The Skier will sit on the lift in the meantime. The lift got new guide pads and we got another dock in.

The '90 platform got another coat of oil- maybe the last. That will be in the water within 2 weeks as well. Now all we need are some warmer temps and for the wind to stop blowing!
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-27-2008 at 9:21pm
Nice job, Tim. I put the Sportster in for a short cruise, but had no takers for skiing despite calm water and temps in the 80's. Water temp on Sebago Sunday was 55 degrees. Boat Dr, there is no noticable difference between 55 degrees and 32 degrees.

We spent the better part of Monday building an engine stand and pulling the motor. How's this for a woodchuck hoist?

Kristof View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-28-2008 at 7:13am
Glad to see a fellow countryman who didn't do badly in the trick-event!

Too bad he didn't get to the final round
- Gun control means: using BOTH hands!
- Money doesn't make one happy, but when it rains cats and dogs, it's still better to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle...

Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-28-2008 at 9:06am
Masters prelims were were AWESOME! If you guys's ever get the chance to go I would highly suggest it. I took a few pics and will post them up soon. Beautiful weather and water was cool. Only bad thing was the womens wakeboarding prelims being postponed til Sunday and I ran out of beer!
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
Keith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-28-2008 at 2:55pm
Tim, the Tique looks great - very nice work. You aren't kidding about the wind. We headed up to ME on Friday and were greeted with high winds and temps in the 50's! We have pictures of the kids playing on the beach in winter hats. It was 40 when we woke up on Sat. morning!

Managed to get the dock in and cleaned up around the camp. De-winterized the '94, including new impeller and spark plugs, and she fired right up and ran perfectly. Too bad I haven't yet installed my new heater - really could have used it.

No footing all weekend due to the wind and debris in the water but did manage to ski Sat, Sun and Mon.

Sunday's temps were the best - 70's and sunny. Water temp was 61.

Here are a few photos including the installation of my new Tachyon Motorsports SDBM (article coming soon).

-Keith
Former:
97 Sport Nautique
1994 Ski Nautique
86 Silver Nautique
79 Mustang
M3Fan View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M3Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-28-2008 at 3:16pm
Maybe we should do a live webcast of the reunions!!!! How cool would that be?
2000 SN GT40 w/99 Graphics/Gel
2016 SN 200 OB 5.3L DI
https://forum.fifteenoff.com

Keith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-29-2008 at 4:56am
I had The Masters running all weekend in the background. Streamed very well but the picture ratio was off - everything was tall and skinny. I was pushing for my fellow New Englander in the slalom finals, oh well.

Originally posted by M3Fan M3Fan wrote:

Maybe we should do a live webcast of the reunions!!!! How cool would that be?

Not a bad idea Joel. Maybe we could do this for Friday and Saturday nights. I'll look into it.

-Keith
Former:
97 Sport Nautique
1994 Ski Nautique
86 Silver Nautique
79 Mustang
BuffaloBFN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-29-2008 at 9:30am
Rock and Roll Tim...didn't you just get that boat? You'll be done before me?!!?

Bruce, lookin good. I wish I had a hoist like that...way more efficient than my meathod!
1988 BFN-sold

"It's a Livin' Thing...What a Terrible Thing to Lose" ELO
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic