NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Great Weekend in FL!

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
Author
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-06-2008 at 1:06pm
Originally posted by M3Fan M3Fan wrote:

Did Bill mention when they were going to can the 196?

When? I hope they don't discontinue their flagship boat. Bow riders are so overrated. Doesn't CC sell a lot of 196's?
M3Fan View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M3Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-06-2008 at 12:58pm
Did Bill mention when they were going to can the 196?
2000 SN GT40 w/99 Graphics/Gel
2016 SN 200 OB 5.3L DI
https://forum.fifteenoff.com

Barracuda View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barracuda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-06-2008 at 12:07pm
Awesome fellas! Thanks for sharing the photos.
-Brad
SNobsessed View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SNobsessed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-06-2008 at 1:11am
Keith - What a great ambassador you are to represent us vintage owners. I would love to visit the CC factory some day!

Chris
“Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.”

Ben Franklin
M3Fan View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M3Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-05-2008 at 7:52pm
Wow, that looks like an awesome time!
2000 SN GT40 w/99 Graphics/Gel
2016 SN 200 OB 5.3L DI
https://forum.fifteenoff.com

skicat View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skicat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-05-2008 at 7:38pm
Looks like great fun Keith. Wish I could keep up with the old guys! Just kidding Eddie, I was talking about Jbear.
Greg

86 BFN
Keith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Owner / Operator of CorrectCraftFan.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-05-2008 at 7:25pm
I just got back this morning from an amazing extended weekend in Florida. A few months ago, I had scheduled a trip down to visit Correct Craft headquarters in Orlando. Of course I was hoping to do some other visiting while I was down and, if I was lucky, get in some early season skiing/footing. Well, after spending the weekend with the likes of backfoot100, Jbear, Keith St. Onge, and Bill Yeargin, it’s safe to say the weekend far exceeded my wildest expectations.

Eddie (backfoot100) and his lovely wife Joanne where kind enough to let me stay with them at their home in Winter Heaven. After getting to Eddie's house around 8:30 Thursday night, I was greeted with warm dinner and an evening of great conversation. The next morning, Eddie and I were up at 6:30 am and on the water by 7:00 to get in a few slalom and barefoot passes before I headed out for Orlando.

At Correct Craft, I had some very productive meetings with Adam Lodge and Bill Yeargin. We discussed CCF, the reunions, and many exciting ideas for the future. There is no question that Correct Craft appreciates what this site does for them, their dealers, customers and potential buyers. We hope to be able to build greater synergy between CCF and Correct Craft, all while maintaining the independence and freedom that makes this site so successful.

Following my meetings with Adam and Bill, I then spent a few hours with Dave Hendricks (Correct Craft customer service). Just as he had done at my last visit to Correct Craft, Dave took me downstairs to production. This trip I got a sneak peek of the ’09 boats, the new PCM Cat engine and much, much more. There are some real exciting things happening at Correct Craft and wait till you see the color and graphic options for ’09!

Saturday Eddie and I where back on the water early, tinkered with the boat during the day and got back on the water in the afternoon, this time with Eddie’s daughter Cristen. We managed to wrap up just before Keith St. Onge arrived for dinner. Eddie knows Keith (who also lives in Winter Haven) and arranged to have him over while I was there. Keith had with him the infamous Swampy (his cousin and trainer) and some other good friends. It was a great night which concluded with an invitation to go barefooting with Keith the next day. Sunday morning Eddie and I headed over to Keith’s ski school and got some personal instruction from Keith and then he and I took a pass together off the boom. It was quite a morning.

Yesterday afternoon I got a chance to finally meet John (Jbear) and his wife Patti as they came over to Eddie’s straight from Ft. Lauderdale after getting off a cruise ship. I got in a few more sets with Eddie and John late last night before it got dark and we had to call it quits.

It was a incredible weekend full of many great stories. There are far too many details to include here but below are a few pictures. A very special thank you to Eddie and Joanne for opening up their home to me and for making me feel so welcome. Also a big thank you to Keith St. Onge. Keith is just a great person and extremely humble. You'd never know he’s the current World Champion and holder of two barefooting world records. And thak you to John and Patti for going out of their way to make sure to see me before I headed home.

Enjoy the photos,
-Keith

Early morning at boat launch with Eddie's boat:

Eddie (backfoot100) powerslide:

Eddie dry-land practice with Keith St. Onge:

Working on tumbles with Keith:

My first toe-hold with Keith's help - on trainers (seconds before I bite it):

Eddie working on backward one-foots with Keith:

Eddie working on back-to-front with Keith - on trainers:

I'm footing with Keith St. Onge off the booom(1):

I'm footing with Keith St. Onge off the booom(2):

Keith and I: