Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Snowy Nautique

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
summitnautique View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote summitnautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Snowy Nautique
    Posted: April-15-2008 at 12:06am
Wanted to share this with everyone. In Summit County, Colorado the water doesn't quite melt until May - so when it goes above freezing one must improvise.

Notice the sled in the back ground on snow higher then the boat and the last pic of the CC plowing snow.

... waiting for water.

-Ryan
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-15-2008 at 12:57am
Man you live in a awesome lookin' area!

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-15-2008 at 1:37am
Those are pretty cool shots Ryan. BKH
Livin' the Dream

adamt View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adamt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-15-2008 at 2:58am

Look at the bright side...when it finally does melt, at least the water levels should be looking good.
-Adam

1973 Skier
reidp View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reidp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-15-2008 at 10:43am
And I thought I had it bad. Greg, We all feel your pain (except for the FLA bums) and share your enthusiasm. Classic Picts.
ReidP
1973 Mustang

baumanmt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote baumanmt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-15-2008 at 2:30pm
Hey Ryan - I know your feeling, I've had my boat now for two months and haven't even been able to unwinterize it to see if it even runs. Out here in Montana the lakes are still ice skating rinks.
   Greg B
gb842001
93SNautique View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 93SNautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-15-2008 at 4:01pm
Ryan,
i was just in Summit County 2 weeks ago. 45 degree snow skiing was great! I assume the slopes are still open...? Where do you use the Nautique, Dillon Reservoir? What a beautiful place! Cant wait to get back next year.

Hope you thaw soon.
azeus17 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote azeus17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-15-2008 at 4:19pm
My cusin lives in Breckenridge and he was telling me that it is not really worth having a boat there. He said that you can drive your boat on the reservoir, but you can not swim, ski, ect. because that is the drinking water for the town. Sounds kind of strang to me. Is any of that true or is he misinformed?
Boats:
Current: 02 SANTE
Sold: 89 Sport Nautique

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote summitnautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-16-2008 at 12:49am
Half right - you cannot ski on Dillon Res. but you can boat. However, about 20mins away is Green Mountain Res. which has some great coves and is dead during the week. Working on getting a course back in there... used to be one but the club broke up - but I moved up here and came from a private lake so I need a course (one can only do so much footin). After talking to a few the forest service has no problem with a 150.00 year permit fee.   A-Basin will be open until June 6 which means water and snow skiing in the same day this year.
baumanmt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote baumanmt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-16-2008 at 1:20am
I use to live in Summit county about twelve years ago, and Green Mountain Res. is a great mellow spot, I wish I had a nautique when I lived there, your stoked.
gb842001
rleinen79 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rleinen79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-16-2008 at 1:24am
Great pics. Always loved that color scheme.
80 here in northern IN next week.

Rob
phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-16-2008 at 5:34pm
No kidding Rob im pumped were finally gettin some warmer temps here in IN. Im stickin the SN in the water today to see how she runs then were opening the cabbin up this weekend:)!

Btw Ryan when I was looking for my boat I wanted your exact color combo on an 86 but I had to settle for grey one grey. Red is my personal favorite on any 85 and up 2001. Beautiful boat man.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote summitnautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-16-2008 at 8:00pm
Funny grey is color I wanted.
Keith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Owner / Operator of CorrectCraftFan.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-16-2008 at 8:32pm
Ryan,
If we could make it work, my wife and I would move out there with the kids and be your neighbor! We love to ski and take at least one annual trip out west each year. We skied UT in early March. I have a very good buddy from college who's ski patrol at A-Basin. We were out there for 10 days last summer for my brother-in-law's wedding at Vail. CO is a great place, heaven on earth.

-Keith
Former:
97 Sport Nautique
1994 Ski Nautique
86 Silver Nautique
79 Mustang

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote summitnautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-17-2008 at 1:03am
Great place - just dumped about 8in looks like a powder day in the a.m. House is For Sale right down street! But seriously if you guys ever get out let me know we can hook you up.
phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-17-2008 at 1:44am
Haha id swap ya if yours was an 86.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic