Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

raw water pump - rebuild

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
tjlake View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tjlake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: raw water pump - rebuild
    Posted: April-10-2008 at 1:51am
I have a Sherwood raw water pump, leaking from vent holes in shaft. Is it possible to rebuild with out paying $300.00 for a new pump? Did not see any info. on rebuild in the search field..Thanks, Joe
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-10-2008 at 2:18am
Yes you can rebuild them, you probably need a seal and a bearing but maybe a shaft as well, yes there is a company that sells the parts online and no I cant remember the name but I am fairly sure its www.depcopump.com
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-10-2008 at 2:21am
Your right Joe, http://www.depcopump.com/ Nice people to deal with but I did stump them with my Jabsco.Sherwoods should be no trouble
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
kapla View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kapla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-10-2008 at 2:25pm
Mine has the metal plates that covers the impeller worn out (impeller turn marks) but with no leaks. That can cause flow to be weaker?
<a href="">1992 ski nautique
tjlake View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tjlake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-10-2008 at 4:33pm
Thanks guys, time to bite the bullet, get a new one, move on to the water..
k.o. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote k.o. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-10-2008 at 5:55pm
their is a site that sell them for 189$ were gonna buy one soon from them.. yes a rebuild is possible skidim sell all the parts to rebuild them http://www.marineexhaustmanifolds.com/
Tim D View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-10-2008 at 7:26pm
The seal kit is easy to install. Just pay attention to the direction and order the parts come off the shaft. The main purpose of the seal is to keep the water away from the bearing.

the older style have a snap ring to hold the bearing in. I took mine to NAPA and it's the same size as a throw out bearing for a clutch on a car.

the seal kit for my old sherwood.

http://www.reddenmarine.com/site/new-categories.cfm?counter=1&brand=0&action=Search&letter=0&department=0&category=0&subcategory=0&text=sherwood
Tim D
tjlake View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tjlake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-11-2008 at 3:48pm
Tim, thanks. I've already ordered the new one..Probably will get the rebuild kit and take a shot at it on the old one, worse case would be that I have a new pump and a broken old one, but I already got that! Thanks again for the pics..Joe
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic