NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

collinite 925

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
ripsaw View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ripsaw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: collinite 925
    Posted: April-07-2008 at 8:52pm
I have read a few different threads that this 925 is probably the best marine wax you can have. Any recomondations of places to purchace? Or is there any other opinions on a good wax? TIA Randy
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-07-2008 at 9:05pm
I think Collinites is the best. It's hard to find and not many people have even heard of it. I prefer the 885 Fleet Wax to the 925. Both are good, but the 885 is a paste and holds up better. More work to put on though. It's 2 part. You got to clean the boat with 920 Cleaner first which does a great job removing oxidization.

REO Marine in South Portland, Maine, and Sebago Watersports in Raymond, Maine sells it.
78nautique78 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 78nautique78 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-07-2008 at 10:56pm
I bought the collinite fleet wax at Jamestown Dist. They offer other collinite products. Mike.      http://www.jamestowndistributors.com/userportal/search.do?freeText=collinite&page=GRID&history=
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-08-2008 at 12:14am
Ive ordered it from eboatworks, but have since found that my local NAPA carries Collinite. If they dont have it in stock, they can order it and it saves me the shipping.

I dont doubt that Bruce is right about the paste wax- Ive heard its very durable. The 925 is no slouch though- 1 wax lasted me the entire summer and it applies EASY.
critter View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote critter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-08-2008 at 12:23am
1980 Ski Nautique
1966 Barracuda
ripsaw View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ripsaw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-12-2008 at 12:26am
thanks guys i ordered it on ebay, cleaner and wax $19.00. Somebody want to come over and put it on?lol
86 2001
The Lake View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Lake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-13-2008 at 1:40am
I got the 885 Fleet Wax, I can wax the boat in about an hour with it and its good for the summer. The water really rolls off it.

Chuck
Walk on Water
www.coldwater.me

69 Ski Nautique
ripsaw View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ripsaw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-13-2008 at 1:52pm
Haven't heared of the 885 yet lake. I'll see how the 925 goes. I received it in the mail yesterday and I'm surprised they don't call it paste. It's by far the thickest wax I've ever used. My first thought was it froze during delivery and turned it into more of a gelly, but seems to apply and wipe well. I'm wondering if I shouldn't do another round of finese II, it seems as though there is still a little oxidation behind the depth of that 925.
86 2001
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic