NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

stereo installs........

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 23456>
Author
Randy_in_Ohio View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Randy_in_Ohio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-10-2007 at 9:02am
Ryan,
The bed liner idea wasn't mine, I read that here. Sounds like it would work...I have the speaker wire for the sub covered for you. Did you end up going with the refurb Clarion? I think a refurb would be fine as long as it comes with the manufacturer warranty.

SKI79PA View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SKI79PA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-10-2007 at 9:17am
RYAN,
A custom box is about 100 or so dollars . Do you have a local car audio shop? Just stop in and ask how much to build a custom box take that pic of the install i posted. Good luck
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-10-2007 at 9:46am
randy yes it did, the number were adding up fast..says itfactory wrapped manuals wires etc...the box is already bought..its a solobaric sealed box 5/8 mdf construction with gold plated terms....has an inner volume of .83 and my sub needs .88..can always make a box seem louder with a handful of fill...too big and it doesnt get the lows and can end up with cone sepeeration...its all ordered..

1 12" polk db124dvc subwoofer
1 polk momo sub grill
1 bazooka ma1500 monoblock amp
1 boss inline fuse holder water proof gold terms
1 5 pack of 100 amp fuses
1 medium perko switch..not alt wire
1 clarion apx480 amp.....
1 set of mobile spec cometion rca's 17 feet
1 kicker solobaric box.......for a grand total of.............$433.00 including all shipping and handling......leaving me with an extra 67.oo for wires...i knew this could be done for under 500.00, even goign with all marine garde items...even have money in the equipment budget for wires!!!.not bad ehhh!
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Randy_in_Ohio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-10-2007 at 10:05am
Ryan,

looks good...
you may need a bigger fuse. I would have gone with at least a 110A. Your Clarion Amp has 2x25A fuse and the Bazooka has 4x15. If you add them all up you get 110A, you normally want to go with the next highest rating, like 115A or 120A.
We can use the 100A and push it to the max and see what happens...
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-10-2007 at 11:24am
oooops.....no biggie
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Randy_in_Ohio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-10-2007 at 11:44am
Be fun to try to blow 'em anyway!
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Randy_in_Ohio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-11-2007 at 2:57am
Read this:

Battery Isolator

Battery Integrator

Looks like the integrator may be a better way to go...
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-11-2007 at 9:33am
randy im gonna stick to my 28.oo perko isolator switch....that integrator is a little too much for my blood..100+. i know the perkos are proven so imo why waste the money, yes maybe if i was sailing or off shore boating then id be able to flip a 100+ for a few integrators...have you heard anything from skipa?. randy why im thinking do you or eric want my stock clarions..they are 100 watts each max rms...if not, ill just save them to save them, not that i would ever put them back in!...is the weather ever gonna warm up here,its damn cold!
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Randy_in_Ohio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-11-2007 at 11:00am
Ryan, thats fine, I was just throwing it out there to see what everyones opinion was. I may choose to go with the integrator, I like the Idea of not having to worry about switching back and forth.
Does anyone have any experience with a battery integrator??
I haven't heard from SkiPA. A friend of mine told me last night he could get me the 2gauge wire I will need for the battery connections. I would still like to get about 20feet of 8gauge off of him. Maybe we should drop him an email?
I don't really have a use for the old clarions, unless I build one of those coolers like Root has...
SKI79PA View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SKI79PA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-11-2007 at 11:40am
I AM STILL HER JUST WATING FOR YOU TO SEND ME AN EMAIL
SKI79PA View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SKI79PA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-11-2007 at 12:15pm
JUST TELL ME WHERE TO SEND AND THE AMOUNT THAT YOU NEED I HAVE 12 GA AND 14 GA SPEAKER
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Randy_in_Ohio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-11-2007 at 2:03pm
SKIPA

check your email...

thanks

Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-11-2007 at 2:11pm
randy- can your buddy get me around 20-25 of 2 gauge wire?..will pay you or him,if so what does he want a foot?.....skipa- do you have the 8 gauge wire also or just the 12-14 gauge...how do i get skipas e mail address?..showing my pc skills today!!...im gonna need around 75 feet of 14 gauge and 30 feet of 8 gauge...thanks
eric lavine View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-11-2007 at 3:21pm
Hey Ryan, do you ride dirt bikes? Eric
"the things you own will start to own you"
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-11-2007 at 4:02pm
since i was 5 years....had a pretty good racing carrear........made it lorreta lynns(amateur nationals), placed 25th...couple of good racing partners are now gettin paid the big bucks(pro)..still know quite a few people in the industry who still ride/race......no i don not race anymore, hung it when dad stopped flippin the bill for me, 17 years old...now 25!...yourself?
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-11-2007 at 4:09pm
eric- i ordered all my equipment etc for my boat..when it all comes in (hoping by this weekend) i might need a favor in bringing my boat to your shop to work on it...im shooting for not this weekend but the following weekend..if it works for randy and yourself then we can again shoot to install the stereo saturday..feel saturdays better than sunday in case we need some supplies...thanks ryan
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-11-2007 at 5:47pm
2002 yz 125,
always looking for guys to ride with, not as fast as i use to be but i can still keep up, me and my nephew go out alot and i bought my son a bike this summer, its time for him.
next saturday is fine with me,
my buddy from Sound Effects is a phone call away if we need anything    eric
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Randy_in_Ohio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-11-2007 at 8:06pm
next Saturday should be fine for me... I will have to find out about the 2gauge, i'll let you know this week. How much do you need of each color?
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-11-2007 at 8:39pm
randy- a total of im guessing around 20-25 feet..so 12 and 12?..i think that should be plenty.guys so we are on the same page i meant the 24th..i do not know if everything will be here by saturady...i hope but cant guarantee..randy can you give me skipas email address. istil lhave to get the wires, dont want tpo have everything else and no wire..if i cant get from him ill ebay it tomm!....thanks guys..

eric- you need to get a real bike-suzuki125cc
YAMADOG.lol......how olds your son?...if riding anything besides a 50 you better be going 2 stroke!!!!!!!
JR_VIC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JR_VIC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-11-2007 at 9:24pm
I have been away from the site for a while as I have been messing around with my new truck. Anyway...I did a complete stereo install on my 92 SNCB last September and it was an extensive install. I'll post some pics here so maybe it will help you out. BTW, I installed the Xantrex battery combiner and I think it is awesome. They are about $100 but are completely automatic with a manual switch you can push over in an emergency that combines both batteries for extra starting power. It has adjustable switches that you can set for example if it gets 11.5 volts from the alternator it automatically combines both batteries for charging and extra juice. As soon as you turn off the engine and no volts are present, it automatically disconnects the batteries so your starting battery is always hot. Again, I love it because everything is completely automatic with nothing to forget regarding switches like Perko that have to be manually switched on/off/1 battery/2 batteries etc. Here are some pics and hope that helped. Boat was extremely dirty in these pics...shame on me!

Thanks!

"That's not a Snow Cone that's my Ring!"
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Randy_in_Ohio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-11-2007 at 10:11pm
Ryan,
Skipa's email was in an earlier post. here it is: prestonf@protechsecuritysystems.com

Jr_vic, nice looking install,
JR_VIC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JR_VIC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-11-2007 at 10:51pm
Originally posted by Randy_in_Ohio Randy_in_Ohio wrote:

Ryan,
Skipa's email was in an earlier post. here it is: prestonf@protechsecuritysystems.com

Jr_vic, nice looking install,

Thank You! For a closed bow it really sounds good but does not project the sound out like the Wake models with all the speakers up on the tower. I should start a new thread but I also completely re-grounded the entire boat upon the suggestion of my audio installer. I mentioned the volt meter jumping around when the stereo was on and if you turned on certain accessories it would turn off Perfect Pa$$ momentarily. He said bad grounds cause more of those type of problems than a weak power supply and boy was he correct. Fixing my grounding problems helped 90% and I then followed the advice of TRBenj and another member about running a new main power lead from the back of the engine off of the solenoid up under the floor to the main ignition switch. I ran a high quality 8 gauge wire for the power supply. That coupled with fixing the grounding issues, I can now have my radio turned on AND my navigation lights and the volt meter reads all the way to 14 volts and it has NEVER done that even when it was brand new. I almost happier about fixing that crappy grounding/power supply issues as I was with the new radio install.

Thanks!
"That's not a Snow Cone that's my Ring!"
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-12-2007 at 7:37am
the yamaha was the bike of the year in 02
05 210 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 05 210 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-12-2007 at 7:47am
   I has a 98 yz125.Best dirtbike I ever owned. I currently ride an 04 wr450,mostly on the street. Good luck with the install guys.

Mike
Air Nautique 210 Team

640 hours, not 1 regret
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-12-2007 at 4:34pm
eric-again one manufacturer...SUZUKI
randy i no longer need any 8 gauge wire, i have approx 50 feet of it my possesion, got my fuses and rca cables today!
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Randy_in_Ohio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-12-2007 at 11:03pm
Ryan, I'll see how much 2gauge my buddy can get.
Check out these breaker switches:

Breaker Switch Digital

Breaker Switch
SKI79PA View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SKI79PA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-13-2007 at 12:15am
So do i need to send any wire to u guys or not I would like to get it out by wed so you can have it for the weekend .
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Randy_in_Ohio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-13-2007 at 11:31am
SkiPA,

I could still use what I had sent you in the email.

Thanks
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-13-2007 at 7:55pm
randy- hooked up with some fellow sparkys at work...they gave me 35-40 feet or awg 3 gauge wire for the batterys,the said its more than enough due to the wire quality..also got 50-+ feet of 8 gauge wire, and approx 40-+ feet of six gauge if we choose to run 6 instaed of 8...so the only thing i need is 14 gauge speaker wire which im gonna e mail skipa right now.
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-13-2007 at 8:36pm
randy-eric- guys so we are on the same page i meant the 24th..i do not know if everything will be here by saturady...i hope but cant guarantee..i still have nt receives the box sub 2 amps fuse holder perko, etc...shoot for next weekend.24th sat?..........skipa my email is acting up, ryan andrews
93 clover cliff drive
chippewa lake ohio 44215
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 23456>
  Share Topic