NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

CT mini reunion: Aug 24-26, 2012

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12345 7>
Author
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-22-2012 at 11:28am
Good deal, Tim!
gun-driver View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gun-driver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-22-2012 at 11:58am
I think if this CT mini keeps growing in popularity Tim’s going to have to buy a couple more houses for next year.
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-22-2012 at 12:59pm
Ha, I hope not... 2 is my limit!

Rumor has it there will be guest appearances made by a few people not actively participating in this thread... including Gottaski and Mark Mel.

Hopefully, anyone still on the fence can swing it!

The current count is looking to be approx 40-50 people and ~18 boats.
GottaSki View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GottaSki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-22-2012 at 1:47pm
heh, whoops!

Yes, I'll get there Sunday morning to meet you guys, participate in the carrying on, and general mayhem.
"There is nothing, absolutely nothing, half so much worthwhile as messing around with boats...simply messing."

River Rat to Mole
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-22-2012 at 1:55pm
Originally posted by SN206 SN206 wrote:

Hey Quinner,
I just put two and two together. I used to live on Candlewood in the Knolls outside New Fairfield. Where is your place at?

Our place is in Sherman at Holiday Point, North end of the lake
Got Tiques View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Got Tiques Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-23-2012 at 3:04am

chris
mars and

picture
pat just departed
scotia
ny headed for
tyler

Chris

Chris Mars and Picture Pat just departed Scotia, NY headed for Tyler with the '78 Tique in tow. This boat has a "just rebuilt" motor that needs a few adjustments, but should benefit from all of the experts and come home better than when it left. I am really impressed with the turnout so far, and if anyone is on the fence, or thinking of coming for an hour or day, Please come, as it will be a really positive experience!! and FUN. Hope to see more guests, to enjoy a common interest!! Thanks, Todd (UT)

ny

ct mini
storm34 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote storm34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-23-2012 at 5:33am
Todd, Made it to Goshen with the Tique safe and sound. She's put away with the cover on and tucked in the spare drive way. Can't wait to see daylight.... All those who are on the fence better get here quick! Lots of fun to be had this weekend.

We've logged 27 hours in the truck thus far so no excuses!!!!!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Got Tiques Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-23-2012 at 9:30am
Chris,

Many thanks to you and Pat for the tow job. I'm jealous that you guys will have an extra day, while I'm at work, but I'll join you Mid-day Friday.

To all - Weather is going to be perfect, and the company and boats will be even better!! Join us!! You heard Chris, No excuses.

Todd
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-23-2012 at 11:06am
The 2 Iowa boys were still asleep when I left the house this morning... hopefully theyre up early enough to take advantage of the glass. Hate to leave the lake when it looks like that!

Uncle Todd's Tique is in the driveway... looks like we'll get to line it up against its bigger brother, as our '79 BFN should be making an appearance sometime today. With any luck, they'll both be in the water tomorrow.

Shaping up to be an excellent weekend!
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-23-2012 at 1:39pm
As I told Tim a couple months ago, the bad news is I won't make the event this year. The good news is, its because I live in NC now. I suppose I could have caravanned up with the southern contingent, but having made the NC-NE trip 472 times this past year, I think I will stay put, sit on the dock and enjoy a "sweet tea" You never know who might stop by.

Todd was holding a spot for me in the Senior Division Barefoot line behind the classic, as when the event was first announced, I didnt know I was going to be here by now. I'm disappointed I won't be a part of that. Maybe he'll throw a skierless rope off the back as a tribute to my absence....or maybe not.

Y'all have fun and watch those head in the rocks parasail starts.
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-23-2012 at 1:48pm
Originally posted by 75 Tique 75 Tique wrote:

Todd was holding a spot for me in the Senior Division Barefoot line behind the classic, as when the event was first announced, I didnt know I was going to be here by now. I'm disappointed I won't be a part of that. Maybe he'll throw a skierless rope off the back as a tribute to my absence....or maybe not.

Larry, we may be able to do one better than that... we could send your body double:

Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-23-2012 at 2:03pm
Well, the southern contingent made it safely to Quinners Tree house. Weve met his wonderful neighbor Bill and now we are getting ready to hit the water. We both are going on just a couple hours sleep between to two of us so I imagine it will be an early night for us. See the rest of y'all later.
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-23-2012 at 2:06pm
Good deal, wish I could have checked out Candlewood while CQ was in town. You guys headed up this way later today, or in the AM?
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-23-2012 at 2:13pm
Originally posted by TRBenj TRBenj wrote:

Larry, we may be able to do one better than that... we could send your body double:

That could work, no one would know the difference.

Of course if kneeboard boy Quinner is one of the senior line, I am guessing there will still be the skierless rope.

Although I do have to say, at Lake George in 08, When we were trying a 5 or 6 man line, kneeboard boy and I were, on one of the attempts, the only two to make it. I hollered to him we should drop and try again. I always regretted our not finishing the doubles run. Next time.
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-24-2012 at 1:48am
Been on a 6 man line at Reid's. Had the dubious honor of stepping off next to kneeboard boy. Yikes.

Can I get in line for the seniors double run Larry? I got experiance and references;

Airtique98..69-me..61 and Ralph Shick..72 (I think). From last summer at Norris. Did take a 3 man with me, Bill and H.W this year but no-one has sent me pics yet.

john

"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-24-2012 at 2:09am
Yup, you're hired John. That is an impressive line, you guys. Good for you. One of these days John, we'll get together behind the boat.

I do drills to sustain my youthful exuberence, just to keep up with you.

This is from a couple weeks ago.

jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-24-2012 at 2:21am
nice 1 foot. Never could do them very good.

thanx for the props but those two guys on the swim plat just let me tag along. They are way badder than me and have been for a long time. Two of my heros.

me and you...someday soon!

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-24-2012 at 11:37am
My plus one flaked out but the good news is that means I can leave early and stay late I'm on the road I'll be there 1 PM at the latest
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
Bri892001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bri892001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-24-2012 at 11:43am
I'll be working from home in the morning for a bit, picking up my pasta (1 tray of lasagna and 1 tray of eggplant parm) at about 1. Wishing I was leaving earlier. Should be there by 4, I think it's about a 2 1/2 to 3 hour drive from here.

I have a couple cardboard boxes full of tools in my Jeep for the summer. Should I keep them in there for the trip in case anyone needs? My special interest tools include by Carb Wrench, Holley Vacuum Gauge, and a thermo temp gun. Good selection of wrenches and sockets too.
lfskizzer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lfskizzer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-24-2012 at 11:50am
Lucky all of you, I have to work till 5:30 today wishing I was on the lake like yesterday... Like I said I will be at the launch hopefully between 7-7:30 tomorrow morning. Anyone going to be awake?
-Phil
cell is 203-515-8217
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-24-2012 at 12:17pm
Originally posted by lfskizzer lfskizzer wrote:

...between 7-7:30 tomorrow morning. Anyone going to be awake?

If last year is any indication, no, there won't be. Other than you pulling Brad and I on a misty early morning BF run, the place was pretty darn quiet. After Brad and I wrapped up we went in and were dripping on Hollywood, telling him to get up and it was still a couple hours before he surfaced.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Got Tiques Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-24-2012 at 12:20pm
Phil,

Yes, someone will be awake and maybe "still up". Call 491-3368 land line and we'll help launch and get across.

Thanks, Todd
lfskizzer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lfskizzer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-24-2012 at 12:22pm
Nice, lol
I can bet Brad will be awake somehow.....
Barracuda View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barracuda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-24-2012 at 5:09pm
Originally posted by lfskizzer lfskizzer wrote:

Nice, lol
I can bet Brad will be awake somehow.....

Smart bet Phil

With a little luck, we'll get there tonight before it gets too dark.

Bringing a little surprise for the Benjamin clan.

Tim- BFN in the water? I'm getting excited now

Safe travels to all!

-Brad
The Godfather View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Godfather Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-24-2012 at 6:53pm
Looks like a great turn out for the weekend or the 4 day FUN !!

Be safe and enjoy the time.

Dave
Jbear, said to me wow if it was'nt for this site we would never had met for this to happen....
wakeboardin2k4 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wakeboardin2k4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-24-2012 at 9:13pm

And that was not in a car or on a trailer....

"I'm planning to bring my girl that rides on a trailer with me and leave my girl that complains about camping at home"
Nautique2001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-24-2012 at 9:59pm
Eric, hope that's not your new girl strapped in the front seat. See you guys in the morning. Got the '99 all ready to rock and roll.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Godfather Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-24-2012 at 11:16pm
Top gun !!
Jbear, said to me wow if it was'nt for this site we would never had met for this to happen....
wakeboardin2k4 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wakeboardin2k4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-25-2012 at 1:09am
"I'm planning to bring my girl that rides on a trailer with me and leave my girl that complains about camping at home"
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Godfather Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-25-2012 at 11:50am

They are thinking about doing 2 shots at the same time....:)

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12345 7>
  Share Topic