NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Will this fuel pump work?

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
Author
mamigacz View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mamigacz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-23-2015 at 4:27pm
Intermittant issues like this could be water in the fuel. If it has a water separator before the fuel pump, did you check it to make sure it hasn't collected and water?

I like the 5 gallon gas can test. If it runs good, you know your problem lies between the fuel pump and tank. You can eliminate fuel pump, carb issues, and electrical issues.

When you say you cleaned the tank, what did you do? Cleaning the fuel tank is big job. It requires removing the tank, empting all the fuel. Washing it out with soapy water and repeated rinsing. After that, it needs to be dryed out and reinstalled.

TRIP View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRIP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-07-2015 at 2:56pm
If I'd pull the pick up out of the tank, what do Iook for, and does it need to be sealed with 4200 when putting back in?
I tried to find pictures or the part at skidim but can't find anything. Is it listed under another name maybe?

@mamigazc there's no water in the tank. It also does have a separator. Yes I took the the tank out of the boat and cleaned it with mineral spirits.
mamigacz View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mamigacz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-11-2015 at 9:27pm
I have a 0-15 psi fuel gauge. It has a 1/8 NPT male fitting on it. I would sell it for $15 plus shipping if you are interested?

I like to use a product called "seal all" when assembling fittings that contact petroleum. Its petroleum and alcohol resistant. Maybe someone else can comment, but I have never heard of 4200 in applications for sealing things in contact with petroleum.
olivj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote olivj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-25-2016 at 2:13pm
Any updates I am having this same issue with a 2001 with a 351W...
Jeremy Oliver
2001 Nautique
TRIP View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRIP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-25-2016 at 3:08pm
Haha that's funny; I just replied in your thread!
It was the fuel pick up in the tank, filter (and half the tube) were full of cr@p.
olivj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote olivj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-05-2016 at 12:53pm
Update: I had the same issue as TRIP and changed the antisiphon valve and ran the boat for about 2-3 hours with no issues...Got to half tank and started having the same issues...Boat would starve for fuel and die....Took the tank out this weekend after returning from the lake and found that the pickup in my tank was also nasty and a little clogged. I blew everything out with compressed and will keep everyone posted when I have a chance to return to the lake.
Jeremy Oliver
2001 Nautique
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
  Share Topic