NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Custom 1965 Correct Craft Mustang build

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 1213141516 32>
Author
Hussler View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hussler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-10-2012 at 11:20pm
After the strut started giving me a headache I had to move onto something else. So I started working on the ladder.

WARNING: IF YOU ARE MISSING THE LADDER TO YOUR 50'S CENTURY RAVEN, BE ADVISED THE FOLLOWING CONTENT YOU MIGHT FIND DISTURBING.

So I needed to shorten it obviously, the ID is .825, same as the OD of copper tubing! Where the cut will actually be hid by the wooden step. These pics it is not sleeved yet. VERY difficult to get everything to line up perfect and spaced perfect.

And then with pretty much all the chrome on, I love it!

Hussler View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hussler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-13-2012 at 3:00pm
Well got the boat in the garage and started playing with the motor. Going to the steel depot today to get the aluminum strips for the stringers
turningpoint84 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote turningpoint84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-13-2012 at 3:59pm
Did he mean AL strips for the bumpers?
Proud 1968 mustang owner and now
1970 Mustang
Hussler View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hussler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-13-2012 at 8:11pm
Originally posted by turningpoint84 turningpoint84 wrote:

Did he mean AL strips for the bumpers?

Bumpers?
peter1234 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter1234 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-13-2012 at 8:16pm
i think hes making an engine cradle
former skylark owner now a formula but I cant let this place go
Hussler View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hussler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-13-2012 at 8:21pm
Yes, and I changed my mind I'm doing it in 3/16 steel. Just have to get off my *** and cut it out and weld it together.
Hussler View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hussler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-14-2012 at 12:05am
Could somebody give me the depth size for the front and rear seat cushions? Not the thickness of the foam but if a seat was a staircase I want the "run" distance. I'm assuming it is 16ish inches, but I want to be sure. I dont want the seats to be too big or small for the size of the boat. Not the base of the cushion but the physical vinyl on the cushion itself. Thanks.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote turningpoint84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-14-2012 at 1:29am
Originally posted by Hussler Hussler wrote:

Could somebody give me the depth size for the front and rear seat cushions? Not the thickness of the foam but if a seat was a staircase I want the "run" distance. I'm assuming it is 16ish inches, but I want to be sure. I dont want the seats to be too big or small for the size of the boat. Not the base of the cushion but the physical vinyl on the cushion itself. Thanks.

Are you making cockpit seats or bench seats for the front?

Hussler if you can wait till January 1st, i could sell you my original backseat cushions to my 1970, i'm going to place in the fiberglass bench i have on my 1968.
1970 Mustang
Hussler View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hussler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-14-2012 at 2:12am

Hussler if you can wait till January 1st, i could sell you my original backseat cushions to my 1970, i'm going to place in the fiberglass bench i have on my 1968.

Bench seats front and back. I appreciate the offer but I'm going to have custom seats made. However I'm the one that is going to make the seat bases that the fabric will be attached too.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote turningpoint84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-14-2012 at 12:26pm

Bench seats front and back. I appreciate the offer but I'm going to have custom seats made. However I'm the one that is going to make the seat bases that the fabric will be attached too.

Cool, you should incorperate some storage un the back bench seat.

I wouldn't go higher then 6" off the floor though, or passengers will feel like they could fall out of the boat.
1970 Mustang
Hussler View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hussler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-14-2012 at 6:40pm

Cool, you should incorperate some storage un the back bench seat.

I wouldn't go higher then 6" off the floor though, or passengers will feel like they could fall out of the boat.

Glad we have the same mindset! The wood will have a 4 in rise in the knee and about a 2 in rise in the back with seat storage.

Still looking for the seat cushion dimensions if anybody has the time to measure theirs. Anything from the 60's to mid 70's will do
Hussler View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hussler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-16-2012 at 11:35pm
Well this is what i've come up with thus far. Pretty boring little project, cant wait until its painted and installed so I can start building the interior. Took some pretty ****ty pictures, once the things are done I will be a little more consise. essentially I did this to avoid lagging in the mounts. Whats holding the mounts in place are stud welded into the baseplate. Then there will be 8 stainless half inch bolts through bolting the plates in place.

Hussler View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hussler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-20-2012 at 10:59pm
Motor mounts are done, forgot to take a pic.
Started making the rear seat frame/gas tank support. 17" back, 18" seat. 3.75 rise in front to 1.5 inch rise in back. assembly can be placed and removed with the gas tank attached.

The way I made the bulkheads turned out pretty sweet. Going to prob wrap in a layer of carpet.

Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-20-2012 at 11:29pm
Are you planning on putting that seat riser assy on top
of your floor Jim? Here is a picture of how the factory
did mine.Not as deep as you want but the floor creates
a bottom so your stuff don't fall out

69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
Hussler View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hussler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-21-2012 at 1:00am
Its going to sit right on the stringers, there will be separate removable bottoms. Also built it this way to accomodate hidden speakers, which will show up later.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote turningpoint84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-21-2012 at 11:57am
LOoks great, keep the pictures coming!
1970 Mustang
nautique frk View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nautique frk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-21-2012 at 5:11pm
Lookin' Good !!
Hussler View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hussler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-21-2012 at 5:14pm
Got the floors rough cut, have to go get some stainless nuts to install the motor mounts, then I can fit the floorboards.
Hussler View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hussler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-24-2012 at 1:59am
Might throw up some drywall in the ceiling of the garage to extend the work season, getting pretty cold now.
Motor mounts done thank god, 5200 the piss out of them. Main floor boards should be done before monday.

Hussler View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hussler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-09-2012 at 11:49pm
So the boats up for sale, PM me your best offer.
Hussler View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hussler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-09-2012 at 11:53pm
Just kidding, I'm very sick with a cold or something, barely been able to leave the house. I did however finish insulating the garage! Got it up to 70 in there with the salamander, 38 degrees outside temp. As long as its above 45 I can work all day in there. Hopefully after finals are done this week and I finish off this cold I can get back to the floor.
63 Skier View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 63 Skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-10-2012 at 12:38am
If you've got it pretty air tight insulated, be careful heating with a salamander! All that combustion gas goes right into the room.
'63 American Skier - '98 Sport Nautique
Hussler View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hussler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-10-2012 at 1:24am
I'll probably be switching to propane, the salamander isnt variable heat and its kinda stinky. Id like to keep it down to 50ish, thats whats most comfortable in my full carrhart pajamas
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-10-2012 at 1:46am
Careful with the propane also it will make you loopy. I spent alot of time in tents with propane heat,not all of us had underground trucks with built in heat and air blower.
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
63 Skier View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 63 Skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-10-2012 at 2:04am
If you can't put in a properly vented wood stove or burner, the best thing to do is use a couple of the oil filled electric heaters. I know electric heat gets expensive, but if you put them on a couple of hours before you plan to work, or keep them on low all the time if the space is decently insulated, they'll do a good job keeping it at 50-55.
'63 American Skier - '98 Sport Nautique
Hussler View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hussler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-10-2012 at 2:26am
The garage is anything but air tight, I doubt I would have any safety issues with either. We have run kero and propane at our camp and our neighbors camps since the beginning of time, no fatalities yet! Also very "drafty" buildings.
peter1234 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter1234 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-10-2012 at 11:20am
just get yourself a few canaries to bring out,   
Hussler View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hussler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-22-2013 at 2:28am
Hey guys how yalls winter been??
peter1234 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter1234 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-22-2013 at 11:49am
where have you been . are you still working on your boat?
Hussler View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hussler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-22-2013 at 6:09pm
Not really, I'll post up some pics but almost no progress to speak of, too miserable to work in the garage. Also been having a lot of trouble designing the front bench, I'm trying very hard to get it to look "at home". Its going to be very similar to the factory front bench but made out of wood and wrapped in vinyl. I found a lady that said she will wrap everything the way I want it for less than 1K. That includes 2 sets of bench seats with 2 tone red and white pleated seats with black welting AND the front bench backboard, red with black welting. We didnt talk about what type of bolster I want to do but it will probably be flat seats.

Anywho, I bought a nice little diesel truck for the winter/towing, my poor little Jeep is just getting ripped to shreds. I'd like to tow the boat to other lakes this summer.

And a little work done on the boat.

Hopefully I can bring up some newer pics of the front bench soon.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 1213141516 32>
  Share Topic