Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

It's been a long time!

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
nautiquechick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nautiquechick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: It's been a long time!
    Posted: May-11-2024 at 4:45pm
It has been a very long time! 2011 to be exact! You all helped me so much back then with my 88 nautique! Eric went out of his way to come up and help me and I thanked him many times! I will never forget him and him going above and beyond! I hit a downward spiral after that summer and that was the last year I used the boat! Life has been hell since but I wanted to come on here and thank you all for your help! It's sad that Eric may have felt used that was certainly not my intention and I tried to make it known how much I appreciated his help! I appreciated all of your help! I still have the boat but it has been parked since 2012. You all helped make my ski nautique dream come true even though it only lasted a short time! I couldn't have done it without Eric's help! I'm sorry I ghosted! Life fell apart!
nautiquechick
MrMcD View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrMcD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-11-2024 at 5:13pm
I hope the boat gets out this year and is used a lot.  Kind of you to come back after all these years and offer a new Thanks.  Sometimes life just does not go the way we want it to.
Best of Luck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nautiquechick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-11-2024 at 5:23pm
Thank you! I feel horrible if I made anyone feel used! That is not who I am! I looked over my happy Birthday post and it seems people thought ill of me and I never meant to hurt anyone! I've searched for Eric and haven't had any luck! I hope he and all the guys that helped me are doing ok!
nautiquechick
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-11-2024 at 5:48pm
Hey Jessica,  Yeah, I'd say it has been a while.  Don't know if you ever came just to look the past 12 years or have been gone completely.  Site has changed quite a bit over the years, evolved I guess.  Kind of just a shadow of its old self, but it still a very useful resource.  A lot of the old school guys you heard from back in the day have disappeared. Some lurk but dont participate.  Some drop in on rare occasions.  Some just moved on interest wise.  When the world became cell phone centric, this site wasnt very cell phone friendly and many faded away because of that. Several years ago the site got corrupted pretty badly and all the photos in the threads and diaries disappeared as did most of the old brochures.  Unfortunately there were no back up files, so all of that was lost.  Most of the old fun banter is gone, the gatherings kind of dried up.  But after 20 years, I guess it had a pretty good run.  But still, the site is a good technical resource from some of the folks that hung around.   You didnt find Eric because he sold his business and moved on to other interests, I suppose.  Several of the old crowd migrated over to various Facebook pages related to Nautiques or Correct Crafts. Definitely not the same.  Not the same intimacy as over hear, and if someone asks a question, they get a thousand bad, wrong, or totally off the wall answers, mixed in with a very small percentage of the few folks who know what they are talking about.  Glad you stopped back in.  If you are going to get your boat back in shape and out on the water again, this is still the place to come to for some help.  Don't be a stranger.

Edit:  Oh Dear.  I didnt remember the happy birthday thread so just dug it up.  It appears I might have been one of those people that sounded less than complimentary. Ooops.  Nothing personal, just a reaction at the time about people in general that swoop in, then disappear.  Maybe thats when your troubles started.  Apologies.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nautiquechick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-12-2024 at 12:09am
Thank you so much for catching me up! This was such a great place back then! I really didn't mean to just disappear! Life was not easy and still isn't! I think of this group everytime I look at my old nautique sitting there rotting away just like me! What I wouldn't give to go back to those happier youthful times! I miss her rumble! That boat was my motorcycle I'm afraid she's probably to far gone now! This group was amazing and always so helpful! I smile when I think about it! Much simpler times back then. Everyone was so friendly and helpful! Facebook is definitely different than this was! Thank you for the reply! I completely understand how it looked back then me just disappearing! I promise I wasn't a bad person life just went to hell after 2011. I'm not good with words as I have brain damage from lyme disease. I just really wanted to thank everyone again and let everyone know how much I truly appreciated all the help and guidance to make a childhood dream come true even if only for a few years. Thanks again. Hugs
nautiquechick
Fl Inboards View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fl Inboards Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-12-2024 at 11:46am
Welcome back! hard times deserve good ski rides! hopefully life is getting better and you can get that old 88 back in the mix! cheers!

Make CCF Great again!!
Hobby Boats can be expensive when the hobbyist is limited on their own skill and expertise.

1993 Shamrock "fat" 20. 2008 Nautique 196 5.0
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic